1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bell's Black Note (2013)

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by mjshearer1, Jan 9, 2013.

1. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (490) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

How did you make out? I got this same runaround in Philly, every beer store had a different answer for me. One store got theirs a week before everyone else and I was able to snag some from them, but at least the distributor released the info for us eventually. There were 8 cases for Eastern PA, which is well over half the state population, so 20 is not out of the question for Ohio since I'm guessing they sell an awful lot of Bell's stuff there.
  2. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Why does this thread have the title with 2013 in it, anyone? Does the most recently released batch say 2013 on it?
  3. brewtus

brewtus Savant (355) Ohio Dec 29, 2012

The sell tons of bells here but black note is still nowhere to be found. I hear march now. Ugh
  4. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

California doesn't get Bell's.
  5. Ack, really? Alas....
  6. RDMII

RDMII Savant (315) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

GA's entire allotment was tiny, each store on the list got a single case, and they all blew through it within 30 minutes of receipt. Luckily I had it on draft twice so I'm not too hurt.
  7. Drive to Arizona. They get Bell's.
  8. Awesome! Thanks for the info.
  9. sibesa

sibesa Initiate (15) Jan 24, 2013

Does anyone know if this will make it to San Diego or LA. I'm dying to try it.
  10. I was just told a few posts above this one that California doesn't get it, unfortunately.
  11. BlackDragon

BlackDragon Initiate (0) Michigan Feb 16, 2013

are there any stores that still have this and if so where are they
  12. The Store in Mt. Pleasant, MI still has a few four packs and a single or two if anyone in the area is looking for it. $22.99. (Not sure about the single price.)
  13. djkuback

djkuback Aficionado (105) Ohio Dec 31, 2010

Does anyone know if the general store has this? If so, I was thinking of making the drive from Toledo. I know I could call bells but thought I would check first ( not to mention they aren't open now and I am a bit tipsy). Thanks!
  14. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Savant (260) Pennsylvania Feb 26, 2012

Better option is to call Bells and leave a drunk message. Words of advice, good sir.
    kristougher likes this.
  15. 1424IpA

1424IpA Savant (395) California Nov 2, 2012

Firestone beer fest. Nuf said.
  16. djkuback

djkuback Aficionado (105) Ohio Dec 31, 2010

Yes, that would have been a good option. I waited until the morning and gave them a call. They said they have been out for two weeks. Is this true? I am having a hell of a time tracking this stuff down...
  17. RDMII

RDMII Savant (315) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

Well, over four weeks after it's release I would say so. I doubt anyone is going to find it now.
  18. Jagen

Jagen Aficionado (135) Illinois Oct 1, 2012

How did you all think it compared to BCS? Only had a bottle split between two other friends (have a couple more I'm saving for a bit) and I thought it was just a lighter version of BCS
  19. jb123

jb123 Savant (470) Michigan Dec 3, 2012

Was there Thursday it's gone...but on tap. Check their site they update the tape list every minute via a web cam!
  20. waddellc2

waddellc2 Savant (400) Pennsylvania Aug 23, 2012

I pad $13 for one bottle in Philly suburbs. Tough one to swallow for a 12 ounce beer. Better be worth it!! GOing to let it age for 2-3 months I think
  21. Nothing like $52 4packs in Philly for something that should be $24.
  22. jb123

jb123 Savant (470) Michigan Dec 3, 2012

It's awesome. Worth 13? Prob not. I wouldn't buy many at that price. It's VERY good.
  23. atomic

atomic Savant (415) Illinois Sep 22, 2009

I've seen BCBS sell for that much, IN CHICAGO. Some liquor stores have real brass ones.
    ERRL710 likes this.
  24. Yes it is very good. I've definitely paid $10 for 10oz at a bar which is nearly equivalent. I just hate markups that near 100%.
  25. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (490) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

It is totally worth it. I wouldn't buy a bunch at that price, but for one to try, definitely. They were $10 in town, so you did get jacked up a bit, but it happens.
  26. I'm going to awkwardly bump this thread 11 months later to ask... does anyone out there have any information on when the 2014 release of Black Note might be?
    forrestbetts and EJLinneman like this.
  27. Squiggy

Squiggy Aficionado (215) Michigan Feb 18, 2013

Tomorrow
    ufmj and nihiloexnihil like this.
  28. You serious, Clark? If so, this fib needs to hit the road, provided the temp gets to 0 at some point
    forrestbetts and ERRL710 like this.
  29. Squiggy

No please stay at home.
    Honestly, Black note as well as ALL Bells special releases DO NOT have a set release date.
    They rather rely on word of mouth to sell their beer at the brewery.
    core42 and steebo777 like this.
  30. While this is true, I guess the point of my original question was whether or not there has been any "word of mouth" about when this beer will be released. Judging by your reply, I guess not.
  31. siege06nd

siege06nd Advocate (510) Virginia Dec 29, 2009

I felt a great disturbance after your post, as if hundreds of FIB car engines roared out in anticipation and were suddenly silenced...
  32. Squiggy

Unfortunately, most FIBs didnt even get a chance to see my second message.
    Most of them are already on their way to MI, Mules in the car.
    They are not gonna be happy when they arrive back home at 3AM and this thread blows up about how there never was any Black Note available.
  33. I'm not sure how accurate it was, but I read (can't remember) that it would be released a little later this year (Feb/March) than in years past.
  34. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Savant (445) Illinois Jul 19, 2012

it wasn't. there is no actual information from any reliable source about if or when black note will be released again.
  35. ERRL710

ERRL710 Savant (280) Illinois May 6, 2013

On tap TONIGHT.........
  36. Could be last years batch. Unless you're just proclaiming that your pumped any vintage is on tap....then enjoy!! Cheers
    ERRL710 likes this.
  37. littlepiggie

littlepiggie Zealot (95) Illinois Dec 31, 2013

Is it available? I would like to try it and was gonna make a trip there to buy it when it comes out
  38. krustster

krustster Aficionado (205) Michigan Nov 22, 2013

What's FIB anyway? I always imagine it stands for "fuckin' illinois bastard" based on how Michigan beer people view the invaders from Chicago swooping in on their beers... but I'm probably wrong ;)
    funhog likes this.
  39. According to the urban dictionary, you're correct: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fib
    ERRL710 likes this.