1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bell's Black Note (2013)

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by mjshearer1, Jan 9, 2013.

1. seeswo

seeswo Savant (490) Ohio Jan 10, 2010

It's awesome.

eyeenjoybeer and Urbancaver like this.
  2. seeswo

It's not a stock - it's beer.

3. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

Man i wish i could ignore half of a post to seem cool on the internet. Please, teach me

TwelveOunces likes this.
  4. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Any minute until the Black Note Society gets this thread shut down too...

5. Davihaw

Davihaw Savant (320) Illinois Jun 19, 2012

Not sure if they have any left but Bell's had about 50 cases of Black Note yesterday. It was busy there all day but they may have a few left.

6. had some a hour ago, picked up a case

7. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

ISO bitchz.

Get at me.

8. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Advocate (530) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

I actually did this yesterday. Got my 4 pack, was really all I was after. :)

9. bozodogbreath

bozodogbreath Savant (450) Indiana Oct 19, 2006

They still had cases in the walk-in this aftn.

10. BigTomZ

BigTomZ Savant (315) Virginia Apr 14, 2009

Hopefully I can score some if it makes it to VA, but I doubt it.

11. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Weird. i don't get it with this one. I had this twice last year and i thought it was a terrible imp stout. I called it One Note cause it just tasted like cheap bourbon and nothing else. It had no complexity and committed the worst of sins for an imperial stout: it was thin.
    And i love Expedition and Double Cream Stout...
    i dunno.

dman5400 likes this.
  12. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

These baby-bottles of it are pretty adequate.

13. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (355) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

Not sure what happened to the Black Note you had, but I have had it more times than I can remember and it's always been creamy and silky with just the right amount of barrel shining through. Always insanely well balanced. Thin is the last word I'd use to describe it.

Sucks that you didn't enjoy it.

KevSal likes this.
  14. seeswo

Hit 'reply' to the person's post. Go up to the text that is bracketed and remove a portion of it. Hit 'post reply'. Wait for adulation.

domtronzero and StarRaptor like this.
  15. stouts4me

stouts4me Savant (410) Illinois Oct 9, 2011

Made the pilgrimage today, Sunday, was first in the door, about 20 behind me. Everyone got what they wanted. After I secured my LOAD, I went back in to look around, and lo and behold, there's a whole f-ing PALLET in the cooler still. Singles and bunch o' 4 packs in the doors, plus a few cases on the floor by the pallet. Prolly' gonna be there Monday ?
    ................later.

16. alelover

alelover Advocate (595) Michigan Aug 19, 2012

liar!! you were like 3rd in the door..:p but i do think you may of been the first one there. (i was next to you with my girlfriend)
    i was super jealous of your "load".. enjoy!! :D

17. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

How many were stabbed today fellas?

18. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Is there maybe somebody who lives near Bell's that could help me out with a 4-pack for my wife's birthday next week? She flipped her lid when she found out about these 4-packs, and I think I heard our state is getting a real small allocation of it (6 cases? 10? Why bother?). Can't really afford much since I start school next week as well, but this would be great.

19. foobula

foobula Savant (330) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

Check your beer mail

Hermthegerm and stayclean like this.
  20. airfoil

airfoil Aficionado (155) California Jun 14, 2007

Hey guys we are coming out from San Diego and plan to be at Bells this Friday and not sure if any Black Note will be around.(First time to Michigan). If someone wanted to pick me up a four pack or two I could bring bring you something nice in return for the effort. Thanks alot.

21. repivk

repivk Zealot (85) Minnesota Dec 8, 2012

I'm so jealous of all you Michigan folk. If someone up there can spare the time to grab me a couple of 4pks I'd gladly work something out for your trouble, maybe some surly perhaps?

22. mjshearer1

Since the regional thread on this got shut down, those of you in the GR area might want to hit up Riverside Liquors on Northland near West River tomorrow. They just posted on their Facebook that they're going to be getting this in.

JohnB87 likes this.
  23. Mista

Mista Aficionado (215) Minnesota Nov 10, 2011

MN should be getting this soon. I hope they release 4 packs of BA Batch 9000. That would be epic!

KWMiles, josephwa and mnbearsfan like this.
  24. grinnellj

grinnellj Zealot (80) Michigan Mar 20, 2011

Sounds like most places in MI will be getting a pretty small allotment and most will be selling single bottles only.

25. still have stacks of cases at the brewery as of a hour ago - say they have enough to make the weekend possibly

26. EvilAsh

EvilAsh Savant (300) Pennsylvania Nov 5, 2012

Any signs of this in NEPA?

27. mjshearer1

This just hit Siciliano's today along with BC variants, per their Facebook:

Hermthegerm and JDizzle like this.
  28. avalonct

avalonct Aficionado (215) Michigan Oct 11, 2012

International Beverage (Richi) said he will get his shipment in around 2pm today.

29. KWMiles

KWMiles Initiate (0) Minnesota Oct 23, 2012

My local shop (Falls in MPLS) told me Bell's was not clear on MN shipments. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

30. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Friend in Grand Rapids just secured me two 12oz bottles. The shop recieved them today and were only allowing two 12oz bottles per person at $8.xx per bottle. He was told they may recieve more on Thursday and if they do they would be selling the entire 4-packs at that point.

31. Corbet

Corbet Savant (340) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

There was one or two layers left of the pallet last night at around 8:30. The fridge was fully stocked. Unless they get another pallet, I don't see it lasting more than today.

32. There's a perpetual black note pallet

steebo777 and KevSal like this.
  33. Was there 45 minutes ago, and I'd say they are down to their last 10 cases or so. I asked the dude who rang me up if that was the last of it and he said it was. I'd get there soon if you want it..

34. rjm217

rjm217 Aficionado (160) Michigan Mar 18, 2011

They were probably down to their last 10 cases or so that they know of, and are present in the store. I don't think the people in the General Store have any idea if another pallet might show up tomorrow or in a few days from the production facility.

This happened with the 750's it sold out in a couple of days, and then all of a sudden a few days later they had a ton again, and it lasted for almost 3 weeks on the shelves if I recall correctly. For that matter the same thing happened with the 4 packs of Black Note, and may happen again.

35. MarkLaFay

MarkLaFay Aficionado (115) Indiana Nov 25, 2010

Scored 6 bottles in Indy. Only 24 cases came to the whole state. Better than BCBS

36. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Advocate (540) Illinois Jan 14, 2013

I'm interested to see if this makes it out to the western 'burbs of Chicago. I know if it makes it out my way, it will likely be held by the employees for themselves or friends. I've resigned myself to trying to find beers whenever I'm on the road in Indiana rather than bother with my local Binny's. They can't keep one six pack of any kind of 3 Floyd's on the shelf, let alone something this rare. Hoping I find a single bottle this weekend to pair with Baller Stout and AleSmith Speedway Stout when I have my buddies over for a tasting next month.

37. Available tomorrow night at the Birch in Norfolk, VA as part of dark fest (and steal the glass night). Details in South Atlantic forum.

38. Pardon me, 2011 Black Note. (Also 2003 Aventinus on tap. Yowzah.)

39. atoulouk

atoulouk Savant (400) Indiana Apr 25, 2011

My buddy picked up 2 4-packs for me at the brewery and I'd be happy to send you a bottle when he brings them to me if you have not found any. Boilers gotta stick together.

40. atoulouk

atoulouk Savant (400) Indiana Apr 25, 2011

24 cases is definitely more than I expected, but Indiana received way more than 24 cases of BCBS for the state. There was 4 unopened cases at a small bottle shop in southern Indy 2 weeks ago. Maybe Indiana got 24 cases of Coffee/Cherry.