1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bell's Black Note (2013)

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by mjshearer1, Jan 9, 2013.

1. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Advocate (675) Michigan Apr 3, 2006

Most stores limited to 1-2 singles at $7 to 9 a pop (except Canopy and Famous $13.50). I think at Bell's it was $22/4pk.
  2. Docrock

Docrock Savant (435) Illinois Jan 21, 2012

At Bells they were 23.99 plus the bottle deposit. A liquor store 5-10 minutes away from Bells was selling singles at 6.99, have heard other liquor stores charging up to 10.00 a bottle! Don't know what liquor stores were charging for 4 packs but sounds like most were only selling singles..
  3. A friend of mine in Birmingham sent me a text last week that his store had BN @ $10 a bottle.....I passed
  4. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Savant (445) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

I got mine directly from Bell's at a little less than $25 after tax.
  5. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

I have a 4pk coming tomorrow from a friend in MI and it cost me $8.99 per bottle.
  6. Thanks guys. Looks like that $25 mark is my line in the sand for a 4-pak, $7-8 (maybe) for a single.
  7. JRBecks

JRBecks Savant (400) Illinois Apr 3, 2012

You would probably have more luck in the actual ISO:FT forum, this does not belong here
    PlethoraOfPalette likes this.
  8. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Advocate (530) Illinois Jan 14, 2013

I got a single at a Binny's in Chicagoland for $6.49, and I got a single at Village Bottle Shop in West Lafayette, IN for $6.59. Pretty consistent pricing. It's a shame if some places are charging $10/bottle.
  9. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Advocate (675) Michigan Apr 3, 2006

or $13.50
  10. 13.50 for a small bottle? Woah!
  11. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

Always a chance it will be on but at this point it is far too early to speculate.
    MikeCactusGordon likes this.
  12. Thecherryman

Thecherryman Initiate (0) Arizona Dec 8, 2010

Is black note hitting shelves in wisconsin? lacrosse specifically??
  13. bozodogbreath

bozodogbreath Savant (420) Indiana Oct 19, 2006

I think it was 24+ at the General Store
  14. Guy-T

Guy-T Disciple (60) Michigan Jan 21, 2013

Just picked up 2 bottles today!!
  15. I work at a fairly high volume beer store within an hour of bells, they gave us a case probably two weeks ago, but to my surprise they dropped off another last week. Have no idea what is going on with its distribution in Michigan.
  16. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

Maybe we're getting Chicago's allocation? :-D
  17. jb123

jb123 Savant (485) Michigan Dec 3, 2012

7.5 a bottle for me...
  18. illinikap

illinikap Aficionado (140) Illinois Jan 10, 2013

I paid $10/bottle in both Troy, MI and Downers Grove, IL. Both places had limit it of 1. Really depends on the store selling them on how bad they want to fleece you with the price. I've heard some places selling them for up to $15 a bottle.
  19. That's insane. I'm in Fenton, MI and got 2 4-packs for $25.99.
  20. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Advocate (530) Illinois Jan 14, 2013

That sucks that DG charged a 53% markup from the St. Charles Binny's which is probably 20 minutes away.
  21. DrHopHead

DrHopHead Aficionado (130) Michigan May 18, 2010

I was told by someone on BA that they bottled 1,400 of the BA Batch 9000...I will keep a look out for some.
  22. DrHopHead

Sorry - New to BA...not sure what you mean??
    founder26 likes this.
  23. illinikap

illinikap Aficionado (140) Illinois Jan 10, 2013

Yea I got it at Lemontree in downtown DG, since I went there to pick up some Lagunitas Sucks. Great selection, but def. a higher mark up than other places.
  24. DrHopHead

Sorry - New to BA and seemed like the place since this is what the discussion is about...obtaining BNS. I will try the other location. Thanks
  25. JamesBell

JamesBell Savant (360) Georgia Jan 22, 2013

I know I should probably read the whole thread, but has anyone found this in Georgia yet? I have inquired at a couple large stores in my area and they have no idea. Any clues would be much appreciated.
  26. JRBecks

JRBecks Savant (400) Illinois Apr 3, 2012

No worries man just trying to help you out. Im sure you will be able to obtain some pretty good stuff with some extra Black Note for trade.
    Normally people work out the trade details thru a series of messages or "BM -beermail" thru beeradvocate's message system. Hope this helps

-Cheers
    founder26 likes this.
  27. JohnB87

To add to this, any and all trade offers should be directed to the ISO:FT subforum. (In search of/For trade)

Also, you can quote more than one person in a reply, instead of posting 6 replies in a row.
    JRBecks likes this.
  28. Are you posting in the right thread? If so, then you must have gotten the buy one get one free pricing. ;)
  29. Oops, Each*
    Mothergoose03 likes this.
  30. Dirtinabottle

Dirtinabottle Savant (395) New York Aug 21, 2012

Sorry for asking this question but how do I find the ISO:FT page for trades? thanks
  31. tourdot

tourdot Savant (425) Wisconsin Mar 3, 2012

LAX will not be getting bottles. Possibly a 1/6 or 1/4 barrel showing up at Bodega. Madison is the closest to be getting any bottles but that hasn't happened yet.
  32. JamesBell

JamesBell Savant (360) Georgia Jan 22, 2013

I talked to the distributor for Georgia yesterday, and she said it is in the computer in kegs, but they do not have any yet. Nothing showing in the system yet for bottles. She also couldn't tell me when they would be getting it.
  33. Docrock

Docrock Savant (435) Illinois Jan 21, 2012

Go to top of this page and click on Forums.

Read down thru the groups, third group of threads/subjects down is where "beer trading" is.
  34. Dirtinabottle

Dirtinabottle Savant (395) New York Aug 21, 2012

Docrock..thanks. Then, I just put in the name of a BAer and ask about trades. your help is much appreciated.
  35. beerborn

beerborn Savant (345) Georgia Jan 22, 2012

Still can't find this in Pittsburgh :s
  36. RDMII

RDMII Savant (315) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

Supposedly next week from our rep, but it's sketchy. I know for certain only a few places in Atl will get it and it will be super limited. Think today's debacle of Black Ops and BA Rasputin. One hour sellout everywhere.
  37. landed 2 4packs through work.

they cost $21 before my discount.

i haven't tried one yet, but i am thrilled that i finally landed some here in chicago. no one knew anything about it. i was even told from the beer buyer at my store that chicago won't be seeing any of it. :/ :/ there is way top much misinformation in this city regarding special releases.
    BearsBrotsBulls likes this.
  38. Jagen

Jagen Aficionado (135) Illinois Oct 1, 2012

Wow, a place that didn't split up the 4-packs and let an employee take 1/3 of their total allotment :p Lucky you!

I liked the black note but it is not as good as BCBS, more expensive than BCBS, and was hard to find in chicago-land...I was able to score 3 total
  39. we actually did split up the other 4 packs. i work at a grocery store, that isn't too centered on craft but we do carry some awesome stuff. i asked the beer buyer to try and order some (HE didn't even know about it) when we got it in i asked him if there was going to be a bottle limit and he said no, so i ended up with the last 2 4packs. i was going to keep one of them for me and share/trade the other. i haven't even tried it yet because i am still on a bcbs kick.
  40. JohnB87

I'm forseeing a lot of crap being thrown at you in future posts.