1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bell's Black Note (2013)

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by mjshearer1, Jan 9, 2013.

1. I picked up 2 bottles (limit) for $6.29 each at the liquor store by my house on Wednesday. I've been searching for more in the area but with no luck.

2. the brewery made them into 4 packs.
    the brewery sold them as 4 packs.
    the brewery was selling people cases.
    i bought 2 4packs.

i don't understand why i would get crap.

patol8 and FatBoyGotSwagger like this.
  3. Jagen

Jagen Aficionado (135) Illinois Oct 1, 2012

Because it was hard to find. South Loop Binny's only let people buy a single bottle and there are reports that someone even paid a homeless guy to go in and get him a second bottle. Basically people being butthurt over not getting as many bottles as someone else...not your fault your beer buyer let you grab two 4-packs.

4. okay gotcha.
    just to be clear, if there was a limit at my store i would have followed the bottle limit. since there was no limit and the brewery decided to create 4 packs of their product, i went by the way the brewery decided to release it.

i would hate to start out here on a bad note.

if it makes anyone feel a bit better i was shut out of CW15 yesterday by about 10-15 people. :)

5. JamesBell

JamesBell Savant (360) Georgia Jan 22, 2013

I imagine it will partially depend on where in ATL gets it. I know Hop City said they sold out of Hopslam in 40 minutes, but I found several cases in Douglasville as late as Saturday. I imagine the BN will be even more limited, but I am hoping!.

6. Has anyone heard anything definitive about whether or not this is going to get out to the east coast at all? I've heard conflicting things from people around DC.

7. FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  8. brewtus

brewtus Savant (355) Ohio Dec 29, 2012

I've been getting so many mixed responses from beer buyers at the best Columbus shops. I've heard it was supposed to be here today, I've heard at least march, I've heard next week, I've heard that it straight up wont come, I've heard 8 cases, I've heard 20 cases. These are answers from people who have been doing this for a long time. I'm to a point now where I don't really care, just tell me if its f*ing coming or not!

Envelopes likes this.
  9. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Ohio Aug 26, 2012

I think the most recent I've heard is that we're down to 5 cases for all of Ohio. Kind of a mess.

10. RWNay

RWNay Savant (465) Illinois Oct 7, 2010

Just got a case from the brewery this afternoon. A whole bunch still for sale there. I was told they are down to the last pallet of cases to be sold.

11. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (515) Missouri May 11, 2012

Anybody know about this coming to Missouri?

12. LSMroz

LSMroz Savant (255) Illinois Jan 25, 2013

Thanks for the tip! Sending a friend of a friend, who lives close by to get me a case tonight!

13. mthhurley

mthhurley Zealot (90) Illinois Mar 14, 2008

20 cases left at the General Store as if this afternoon.

14. Josie614

Josie614 Aspirant (25) Ohio Jan 22, 2013

I've heard the same mixed information re: Ohio release. It is super frustrating.

15. Anybody know if it is coming to Lehigh Valley, PA??

16. BMMillsy

BMMillsy Advocate (645) Florida Feb 16, 2012

Snatched 2 bottles (the limit) down here in Gainesville, Florida 2 days ago so assuming it got to Georgia by now. Was not expecting to get any here. My store got one case, and I think I may have gotten the last two despite showing up about a half hour after they announced it on Facebook.

Keep an eye out down here in the southeast. It got here!

17. Newtman

Newtman Initiate (20) Feb 1, 2013

Im in the Wyoming Valley trying to get some. According to my distributor, his distributor (Shangy's (covering NEPA & Philly), one of only 2 Bell's distributors in PA (the other is Westy's outside Harrisburg)), says none will be coming to the state.

18. JamesBell

JamesBell Savant (360) Georgia Jan 22, 2013

It hit Georgia yesterday. I got one bottle at Hop City. Haven't really looked anywhere else yet other than the local store in Douglasville and they didn't get any according to the woman at the counter last night.

19. That is cheaper than at the brewery-wth.

20. In the Leghigh valley 8 cases were distributed to stores which could sell them individually, so events could be planned around them.

21. RDMII

RDMII Savant (315) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

Our Hopslam sold out in 11 minutes, so I'm not expecting much in the way of Black Note. Those who have already received it didn't have a chance to say much before it was already gone.

22. is this/did this go to Georgia?

23. RDMII

RDMII Savant (315) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

Yes. Yesterday it hit Hop City (supposedly) but was gone in a second. Green's will likely get the biggest allotment due to their relationship with Savannah Dist, but not sure when, they haven't posted info yet. Tower might get a case in Buckhead, but doubtful in Doraville. Ale Yeah Decatur is fighting for a case as we speak. Don't think anyone else will get their hands on it, possibly Mink's or Toco Hills but I wouldn't bet on it.

24. Drucifer

Drucifer Savant (465) Illinois Apr 16, 2012

6 cases left at the Bell's General Store as of 4 pm EST Saturday. It will probably sell out tomorrow afternoon. If you have a chance to go, try the raspberry wild one followed by the experimental hop pale ale. Damn good combination!

25. brewtus

brewtus Savant (355) Ohio Dec 29, 2012

We're getting jerked around in Ohio so if anyone would be willing to trade any to Ohio bm me please, ESP a 750 bottle. Someone with a heart preferably.

26. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

If you're willing to never use Brutus as your avatar again, shoot me a BM. :)

27. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Raspberry Wild One on tap! Omg worth a 500 mile drive. Yum yum.

28. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Advocate (630) Virginia Jan 27, 2013

How's this looking for VA (VA Beach, Newport News, etc.)?

29. I wouldn't give up hope completely on the general store getting more. They told me I was buying mine from the last pallet in existence. That was three weeks ago.

Shmuffalo and JohnB87 like this.
  30. mdanberg

mdanberg Aficionado (145) Delaware Apr 26, 2010

I went on Shangy's facebook page and it says there was a small allotment that they sent to a few of the top Bell's stores in the area, so there's definitely some that came here. Just not much.

31. 750ml to come to florida!?

32. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (465) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

Only 12ouncers were being distributed. The 750's were General Store only

thecraftculture likes this.
  33. djkuback

djkuback Aficionado (105) Ohio Dec 31, 2010

I'm having the same problem as brewtus above. I'm from Ohio, anyone interested in doing a trade. I'll be happy to send a list along with what I have. Message me if you can. Thanks!

34. ressling

ressling Savant (270) Georgia Oct 26, 2011

Willing to trade anyone a 6 pack of Hopslam for this!

Ryan
    Atlanta, GA

35. Thats what I thought, my boss said 750s. Thanks for the information, cheers.

36. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Savant (445) Illinois Jul 19, 2012

lol

KWMiles, siege06nd, MichPaul and 9 others like this.
  37. I hope San Diego gets some! I'd love to try this one.

38. Hindsight

Hindsight Savant (255) Ohio Oct 8, 2011

You sir, should clear your inbox

markmcconv and tinypyramids like this.
  39. ressling

ressling Savant (270) Georgia Oct 26, 2011

LOL.

My city got some but I was out of town :(

40. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (495) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

How did you make out? I got this same runaround in Philly, every beer store had a different answer for me. One store got theirs a week before everyone else and I was able to snag some from them, but at least the distributor released the info for us eventually. There were 8 cases for Eastern PA, which is well over half the state population, so 20 is not out of the question for Ohio since I'm guessing they sell an awful lot of Bell's stuff there.