1. One Hundred Mags (Rule). Check out the sneak peek of BeerAdvocate magazine #100, plus some of the changes coming your way.

Bell's Black Note Stout in NC?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by flipdog0, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Any word on if/when this will be dropping?

2. I've only caught it on draft so far. Are we supposed to be getting bottles too? Hopefully they hit Charlotte.

3. I'll be watching this thread closely....would love to land some, assuming NC gets it.

4. I wasn't really sure. Did you get the draft recently or was it from the previous release? I know kegs have come in the past, and would figure we would get some this time as well. I know we have been getting hopslam for years (Which should come this week?) and can't imagine many other states sell more bell's beers.

5. Yeah, had it a few weeks ago at Duckworths in Charlotte for a Bell's event.

flipdog0 likes this.
  6. Duckworth's is a pretty cool place. I was passing through Charlotte one time a year or so ago and they had Mint Chocolate Peoples Porter on Cask. It was delicious! I haven't had Black Note in over a year, keep me in the loop if you hear anything.

7. Will do, and please do the same for me in your neck of the woods. Someone from our group will be able to get a bottle:)

8. For sure, if it shows up and I hear about it I will take care of ya.

bryanole27 likes this.
  9. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

We had it at Raleigh/North Hills WoB's 1st Anniversary Party. I also had it at Sam's Quick Shop several months back as part of a Bell's tap takeover.

CWinchell likes this.
  10. I think your going to see some package of this, but we're talking REALLY slim allotments! It's going to be a "ghost" in the package form!

VncentLIFE likes this.
  11. I don't foresee that beer being available here anytime soon. I called the Bell's Brew store in Kalamazoo and they have it there, but going fast.

12. I think we will see this when we see hopslam, and I think it is going to be extremely limited. Crossing my fingers for next week.

13. Delusional people ITT

14. I'd bet real money that NC is getting some since other states in the region did, and yes its on the Hopslam trucks and yes its very small quantities. I

15. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

Keep the Hopslam, I'll drink Sucks for my hop fix. But bring on some Black Note!!!

16. pretty sure I was there too, as was OSUBeerStudent, and a bottle of Bramble:)

CWinchell likes this.
  17. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

ISO: More Bramble. Lots more Bramble.

18. and maybe just some fresh coffee that we wont leave on the counter!

apaisncsu, flipdog0 and Bluecane like this.
  19. sitting on bottles of coffee ISO:Bramble

20. Anyone in the Hickory or greater area hear of this hitting anywhere?

21. Fwiw, I've heard the allotment for the entire triangle is ridiculously small. So small that I bet the entire state of NC gets 12 or less cases.

22. I guess other than maybe Sam's we'll be seeing two bottle limits (if we're lucky to see anything). I'd pick one up for sure, but I won't be sad if I don't get to try it. I'm feeling very content after all of the goodness that was at the Raleigh Rare & Vintage festival.

I'm actually more anticipating Hopslam. I know the new Rye made it hear at the end of the week. That had me wondering if Hopslam and Black Note were on the same truck and just being held back by Tryon.

23. Yep. At least that is the word on the streets...

24. advent

advent Aficionado (185) Michigan Jan 7, 2010

the entire state is getting 20 cases of black note.. thats what i heard from a rep

25. ewright

480 bottles for the state is pretty damn slim pickin's!

26. DigitalV

DigitalV Aspirant (45) Florida Jan 30, 2013

The stored in Orlando got some today. Might not be helpful but you would think FL would get it after NC.

27. It sounds like some is coming....when and where is up in the air.

28. Just picked up a bottle at city beverage in Winston

29. ewright

Apparently 16 cases for all of NC. Heard word of deliveries in 2 different markets today, but no deets on which stores. Good luck everyone, sounds like we'll all need some!

EDIT: Make that 3 markets.

30. Somewhere other than Big C or Knightly?

31. City Beverage got 1 case. If 16 cases is on target this will be in and out before can blink.

32. Rymar9

Rymar9 Savant (325) South Carolina Jan 24, 2011

Sounds like the Charlotte area got 4 cases

33. ewright

Heard the same from another source. Would guess similar amount in the RDU market. A LOT of good stores in the area are likely to get shut out.

34. 3 cases in the triangle is the word.

35. So out of the "14 Cases" in NC only one store has sold any so far, is what we are getting at here? Were the bottles at City Bev of the 12oz or the 750ml variety?

36. 12 oz

37. Rymar9

Rymar9 Savant (325) South Carolina Jan 24, 2011

At least one bottle shop in the Charlotte area started selling theirs yesterday. And they will all be 12 oz bottles.

38. Picked up a single 12 oz. bottle this a.m. @ the "Wall of Beers" in Greensboro. If you ain't on the list, you bez SOL. Gonna share it with a friend coming down from Roanoke, Va. for the Sexual Chocolate release, and the answer is no, you can not fking have any. Ummmmmm Cheers

39. So no 750's? I know they put it in both originally. Who got it in the QC?

Bestway?

40. correctomundo, They got 1 case (24 X12 oz.). And as I understand it, they had 4 times that many people on "the list". GL