1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bell's Bowl in Athens, GA

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by ndepriest, Feb 1, 2013.

1. ndepriest

ndepriest Savant (290) Georgia Feb 21, 2012

Bit of a late post here, but Aromas in Athens is having a Bell's takeover tonight featuring some mighty fine beers.

[​IMG]
  2. $5 ORACLE!?!?! Damn! Good deals to be had here. Safe Ride should get some business tonight.
  3. Mavajo

Mavajo Advocate (550) Georgia Feb 10, 2007

Oracle...when are we gonna see that in bottles again dangit.
  4. Looks like it says soberon..which actually makes sense given that lineup!
  5. mondegreen

mondegreen Savant (410) Georgia Nov 4, 2009

I found bottles of 2012 Oracle at ABC on Atlanta Highway (of all places), about three months after the bottling date. The guy working was clueless. Said they "just came in." I bought three bottles from the singles cooler and left the other two. He said that was all they had. It was drinking pretty good out of the bottle at that point, although the aroma was a little less punchy than fresh.

It begs the question, though. How does three month old Oracle "just show up"???
  6. mondegreen

mondegreen Savant (410) Georgia Nov 4, 2009

Oh, and on the topic of Bell's Bowl. A year of age took the heat off of Black Note. It was delicious this go around, but given the choice I would prefer fresh. Barrel Aged Cherry Stout was fantastic as well. The Aromas crew does fantastic work putting these events together.
  7. why not $5 BA Cherry Stout?!
  8. I am one of those crazy people that does not care for Bell's Cherry Stout. I know, I'm weird. Never had the BA one though.
  9. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

The Barrel Aged Cherry Stout is nothing like the traditional...the tart cherries are somewhat "muted" and mix nicely with the vanilla creaminess from the barrel. A very fine beer.
  10. ndepriest

ndepriest Savant (290) Georgia Feb 21, 2012

It's still going on if anyone is interested. Black Note and Sweet Potato Stout are gone and have been replaced with Kalamazoo Hopsolution IPA and Java Stout.