1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bell's Hopslam (2013)

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by mjshearer1, Jan 3, 2013.

1. oya1time

oya1time Zealot (95) California Dec 23, 2010

When does Hopslam arrive in Arizona?

2. Cannot wait to get ahold of this again. Looks like it won't be in Georgia until the end of the month. Can't wait to have this beer again. If there was one beer I could get year round, it would be Hopslam.

3. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

Damn it. Already falling off! Need some!

steebo777, claspada and powz87 like this.
  4. Any news on if they plan on sending out more mini kegs?
    I would love to snag one this year since it's totally amazing on tap.

edit: never mind just read the Q+A looks like I will have to find it on tap.

5. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

It used to be great stuff, then something changed, the last few years IMO it's way too sweet, at least in comparison to HT and Abrasive.

6. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

Only thing that changed is your palate

7. Very excited to get my friends to ship me this. This is probably my favorite DIPA. Unlike a lot of Cali style IPAs, I find that Hopslam is really nicely balanced. It's hoppy (grapefruit, citrus, YUM), but there's just enough malt and sweetness in there. And the finish is oh-so-smooth with the addition of honey. Love it and can't wait!

8. greenhorn

greenhorn Aficionado (190) Arizona Jan 18, 2012

As mentioned in the Hopslam Q&A link posted above:

It will begin shipping to Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, Missouri and Arizona the week of Jan. 14.

9. jglowe77

jglowe77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Jan 24, 2011

An awesome dude from instagram has promised me a 6 pack of this. wicked pumped!

10. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Very well could be.

founder26 likes this.
  11. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

PJ'S?!

12. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (955) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

13. Just curious what most people usually pay..

Last year it was $26/6-pack here in DC :/

14. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

$66 a case out the door.

15. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

He has not been one I have paid attention to, apparently there was a reason . I still figured I would offer up a PSA for those who may have been ill informed from previous posts.

16. ja1022

ja1022 Aficionado (220) Indiana Sep 27, 2009

$15.99 to 17.99 a six or $60 to 65 a case in northwest Indiana/Chicago area.

17. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/17112

The most recent review of this is the funniest thing I have ever read!!!! Read the review by KVNSTFRD

"This beer made me cough for several minutes, made my eyes burn and water which resulted in a severe head-ache. The bitter taste was still with me the next morning, even after brushing my teeth several times"

Docrock, jdhende, ja1022 and 2 others like this.
  18. I love living by Bell's. West Michigan may be a bit boring but living near Founders, Bells and even FFF a bit south is nice.

Going to go get one of these on tap Day 1!

Edit: Gonna have to be day two. Didn't realize it came out tomorrow!

19. ja1022

ja1022 Aficionado (220) Indiana Sep 27, 2009

Hysterical.. A fresh one would've killed him. Based on that, and his other reviews I'm just guessin' he's not an IPA/DIPA kinda guy.

20. Nice flight of Greenbush you have there.

21. Not Philly, Shangy's! It'll be around Philly but Shangy's is the only sure place to get a case. Take the trip it's worth it. They keep most of SEPA allotment for themselves, sucks, but at least I know I can get a case and not have to give out hand jobs to get one.

22. printer1

printer1 Savant (265) Iowa Aug 29, 2005

That post just defined which one you are.

JavaNoire likes this.
  23. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Been waiting for this for a while. Really happy to see WI getting it a month earlier than it did last time around.

24. Same on this part, but I don't rally have a "love" of IPA's or "hop bombs" but I can enjoy the style now. I've noticed I like IPA's, but they need to be on the citra side and I can't stand just having hop forward bitterness coat my tongue. Still though, feel obligated to finally try this since it was Bell's Two hearted that made me realize what I need from the style to enjoy it.

kpanter and dsal89 like this.
  25. Goosey

Goosey Aficionado (240) Missouri Jan 18, 2012

Yes! Will be at Bells next week just in time for fresh Hopslam.

26. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (865) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Awesome. Hopefully I can score a couple sixers.

27. cadizkyguy

cadizkyguy Savant (335) Kentucky Mar 17, 2008

According to bell's facebook post earlier thursday there will be no mini kegs so more hopslam can be bottled.

28. Today's gonna be a good day. =) Bottled 01-02-13.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

29. MooseBoose

MooseBoose Savant (470) Wisconsin Jun 6, 2007

I think this is true for me also, which is why I am willing to try it again this year. Never have liked it in years past, but I loved 2 hearted and continue to love it so who knows.

I used to dislike Furious but now I like it, but Abraisve still does not suit me at all, can't drink it. Not a big fan of Runiation but loved Dreadnaught. Love 90 minute too.

30. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

That's because Ruination is over rated meh.

31. founder26

did you try it on tap? if so, how was it?

32. MooseBoose

MooseBoose Savant (470) Wisconsin Jun 6, 2007

I tend to agree, I didn't really dislike Ruination, is was just "meh" for me.

33. Didn't have it on Tap as of yet. I live 5 minutes away, so I was so excited it came out today that when I woke up @ 10:00am I jetted over there bought this. I was in the parking lot thinking about going into the pub, but decided to come back later after eating lunch...

34. founder26

ok cool, I am thinking about bringing a buddy down there in a few hours, lmk when you go there maybe we can chat over some fresh hopslam on tap! :)

35. BackwoodsBrewing

BackwoodsBrewing Aspirant (35) Dec 28, 2012

At eccentric right now this years batch is much much tastier than last. Sorry also grabbed myself a case for $66 o so yummy

founder26 likes this.
  36. dman127

dman127 Aficionado (240) Illinois Jul 11, 2011

My son is driving back with a case as I type this. No doubt the hops will have faded by the time he arrives. Probably will have to drain pour the whole case ;)

Oh - and last year's was better.

Marti403, adamdd, dsal89 and 3 others like this.
  37. DaveLikesAle

DaveLikesAle Savant (260) Ohio Jan 24, 2006

Just repeating a long standing joke.

38. baggio

baggio Savant (425) Sweden Dec 20, 2005

How much was it last year?

39. DaveLikesAle

DaveLikesAle Savant (260) Ohio Jan 24, 2006

Usually around $18/6