Bell's Hopslam (2014)

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by mjshearer1, Jan 3, 2014.

1. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Advocate (565) Michigan Dec 16, 2011 Verified

Starting to ship out next week!

From their blog post:

[​IMG]

Another Hopslam season is upon us! And we know a lot of our fans are excited to see its return.

Below are answers to some of the more commonly asked questions about our seasonal double IPA.

Q: When/where will Hopslam be available?

A: Some availability is dependent on when distributors from each area are able to pick it up at our brewery, but Hopslam will make it to all states we currently distribute to.

It will start shipping to areas in Michigan the week of Jan. 6.

It will begin shipping to Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, Missouri, Ohio and Arizona the week of Jan. 13.

It will then start shipping to Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, New York, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, Kentucky and Pennsylvania the week of Jan. 20.

Our Event Calendar already has quite a few release events listed. (We will add more as we get them finalized.)

You can also check our Beer Finder. Please keep in mind, the beer will have to travel first to our distributors and then make its way to bars, restaurants and retailers before it will show up in the Beer Finder. Please be patient when checking with your local establishment for more detailed information.

Q: When will it be available at the Eccentric Café/Bell’s General Store in downtown Kalamazoo?

A: It is available now.

Q: Is there more this year?

A: We are trying to brew more but won’t know the final numbers until it’s all packaged and shipped.

Q: Will there be Hopslam mini-kegs?

A: No there will not.

Q: Can I buy a keg for my home bar/kegerator?

A: Sorry, no. All kegs are reserved for bars and restaurants. This is done to spread as much as possible of this very popular beer to as many of our fans as we can.

--

http://bellsbeer.com/blog/241-Hopslam_2014__Shipping_dates__release_parties_and_availability

2. Hopeswimmer

Hopeswimmer Aficionado (235) Michigan Nov 5, 2012 Subscriber

Any chance anyone from Holland/GR is going down today? I'm looking for a case and could help cover some gas $.

3. pitweasel

pitweasel Advocate (550) New York Jun 11, 2007

NY, eh? I thought all the news had been indicated that Hopslam wouldn't make it here this year. Or have they been distributing to non-WNY parts that will be seeing it?

4. DrewBrew87

DrewBrew87 Aficionado (235) South Carolina Dec 17, 2013 Verified

My mouth is water already!

5. MikeCactusGordon

MikeCactusGordon Advocate (650) Ohio Feb 20, 2011 Verified

Overrated delicious beer, but somewhat disappointing considering Sucks price / ounce ratio and the centennial harvest this year so I'm gonna have to buy a case and wait in line for three hours, but I'll pass on the first batch cause the honey wasn't pronounced enough and are those new bottle caps?

AaronRodgersMVP12 and jdaddy like this.
  6. Radar activated!

SpaceEurope and Cubatobaco like this.
  7. Someone in the other Hopslam thread mentioned a place called Growler & Gill in Nanuet. I just checked out their website and they are having a Bell's release party on 1/16, which unfortunately doesn't seem to align with the Hopslam announcement from Bell's. Still so bummed that I can't get any Bell's stuff in NJ for whatever reason.

8. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Advocate (735) Virginia Jan 27, 2013 Verified Subscriber

Keep me informed! Hope all is well, brother!

9. RRtransvestification

RRtransvestification Savant (320) New York Dec 21, 2012 Verified

hopefully it will hit LI

VonZipper and BrewLou like this.
  10. caponeduke

caponeduke Savant (315) North Carolina Jul 28, 2011 Verified

God Bless folks enjoy the hunt.

Zarnold_Quigley and ToddThompson like this.
  11. kell50

kell50 Champion (830) North Carolina Jul 25, 2007 Subscriber

I love hop season. :)

12. Netdogca

Netdogca Aficionado (170) Illinois Apr 29, 2013

Normally finding out your kid might be playing an outdoor game of hockey in Michigan in January doesn't sound too appealing. However, when said game coincides with Hopslam release, you tend to forget the symptom and focus on the cure :) Here's hoping the team gets the invite to pllay

craigo19 and TheBrewo like this.
  13. socon67

socon67 Champion (750) New York Jun 18, 2010 Verified

Bells is being released to NYC & Long Island February 10th. There will be a few places that will get Hopslam, though the release is introducing the core line.

14. MCain04

MCain04 Savant (400) Texas Jan 3, 2013

This year's Hopslam tastes even worse than last year's!

:p

15. Michigan people! I'll be in Ann Arbour from the 17th-19th. Do you think this will be hard to find or already sold out? If so, can someone hold me down with a 6er and I'll bring you some Consecration?

16. JohnParadee

JohnParadee Advocate (580) Delaware Dec 2, 2013 Verified

Hallelujah!!!!

17. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (690) California Oct 17, 2010 Verified

any chance this guy will make it into cans, that would be pretty sweet

beerdedking and PABSTMASTER like this.
  18. I see Bell's in strong numbers in Binghamton NY now, so I'm hoping Hopslam will make it here. Although I'll be back at school in Mansfield by the time it makes it to NY/PA area, so I'm also hoping I'll be able to find it in Corning/Elmira/etc. and/or my girlfriend will be able to track it down in Wilkes-Barre.

19. TheBrewo

TheBrewo Champion (830) Michigan Nov 11, 2010

We have lived in Michigan for almost a year now, and have yet to try Hopslam. Probably our #1 want at present.

20. brianr4666

brianr4666 Aficionado (170) North Carolina Aug 19, 2005 Verified Subscriber

Soooooo, no Hopslam is so different this year, I don't like it comments yet. I was hoping to score a few bottles from those anticipated drain pours at a discount. :)

21. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (580) Michigan Jun 30, 2009 Verified

Got a couple cases yesterday at the General Store. To me, this years batch tastes much less boozier than the previous two years. Love this brew!

founder26, markgugs, NSaad23 and 2 others like this.
  22. A2HB

A2HB Aficionado (195) Michigan Oct 30, 2013

It's Ann Arbor, no "u", and no it should not be hard to find by the time you make it here.

23. What about the Centennial harvest?

PaulyB83 likes this.
  24. Went to my distributor today and grabbed some hop stoopid and he said he always gets it. Thankfully I have a really good relationship with him and hes saving me a case. Hallelujah praise beerjus!!

25. PaulyB83

PaulyB83 Advocate (585) Michigan Sep 1, 2013

Buying this and Sucks in the same week is pretty nice. Tough not comparing the two though when I'm drinking so much of both. But they are two different beers and like different things about both of them.

Tlab3 and TonyJ815 like this.
  26. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Advocate (550) Michigan Oct 13, 2013 Verified

Where'd u find the Sucks? If you don't mind me asking.

27. PaulyB83

PaulyB83 Advocate (585) Michigan Sep 1, 2013

Mega-Bev in Kalamazoo. They had just gotten one case the day I went in, which was Wednesday. Went back yesterday and all gone. :(

28. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Advocate (550) Michigan Oct 13, 2013 Verified

Booooo!!! Ha, thanks! :)

29. APB

APB Savant (435) Nebraska Dec 15, 2012

You must have got them from last year because it hasn't been released yet to my knowledge even in your area, not to bust your balls just pointing it out!!
    -Cheers

30. fishmich

fishmich Advocate (570) Michigan Apr 11, 2013 Verified

the general store refers to buying from bells at their on site store.

steebo777 likes this.
  31. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (670) Missouri May 11, 2012 Verified

Ah yes, the special release beer my local store owners/managers hate dealing with more than any other!!!

Don't think I'm gonna bother this time around

32. LankFreudRyte

LankFreudRyte Aficionado (235) Illinois Mar 13, 2008 Verified

Just another reason to be excited about living in the Chicago area. Only a hour away from MI. On the way there and back, I can stop by 3Floyds; and, pay my respects.

33. terrapinfan88

terrapinfan88 Savant (310) Virginia Nov 15, 2009

Your gonna wait three hours and shell out close to 100 bucks for 24 overrated beers???

34. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (580) Michigan Jun 30, 2009 Verified

Bell's General Store, released the day I got there and bottled 12.20.13. I'm not gonna buy a year old version of my favorite beer ;)

Cheers!

Imacopyouidiot likes this.
  35. surfcaster

surfcaster Advocate (535) North Carolina Apr 20, 2013 Verified

An annual favorite,

Are there bigger, more extreme DIPAs out there? Sure there are. Is it something that has become almost cult like with too much hype? Yep.

None of that detracts from this being a high quality brew. Always happy to get some.:)

36. MikeCactusGordon

MikeCactusGordon Advocate (650) Ohio Feb 20, 2011 Verified

Sarcasm font! ;)

Cheers!

37. Buebie

Buebie Savant (455) Minnesota Jan 11, 2007

Seriously considering buying a case this year.

38. Halluxone

Halluxone Savant (285) Georgia Dec 7, 2012

<twiddles fingers>. Excellent, Smithers, Excellent.....<Diabolically plans to acquire said beer>

39. MichiBrew

MichiBrew Aficionado (170) Michigan Nov 26, 2010

You'll be fine...plenty will be available in A2 round then...it hits stores in A2 this week (6th-10th)...hit up Arbor Farms on Stadium or Plum Mkt on N. Maple...also 2 Whole Foods locations (Washtenaw or Eisenhower) or Hillers Mkt on Washtenaw on the east side...if you cant find any there BM me and I'll let you know which smaller liquor stores still have it...we usually get a second batch released our way but you'll be gone by then...

40. MichiBrew

MichiBrew Aficionado (170) Michigan Nov 26, 2010

You should...its fun!