Bell's Is Coming To New York City Starting Feb 10th

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Jason, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (1,365) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

COMSTOCK, MI (Feb 2014) – Bell’s Brewery, Inc. will launch in New York City and on Long Island beginning Feb. 10 with Union Beer Distributors.

More than 80 locations will have Bell’s beer on tap and Bell’s representatives will be available to answer questions and talk about the brewery at many events in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and on Long Island. Details are available on the Bell’s website: bellsbeer.com/events-2/.

Larry Bell, Bell’s President and Founder, will also be part of a group that travels to the city to help get to know this new distribution area, answer questions and talk about Bell’s history and future plans.

Many events will feature core brands like Two Hearted, Kalamazoo Stout, Midwestern Pale Ale, Amber Ale and more. Bell’s spring seasonal, Smitten Golden Rye Ale, and specialty beers like Expedition Stout, Special Double Cream Stout, Black Note and Quinannan Falls Special Lager will be tapped to help celebrate Bell’s arrival to New York City.

“When we brought our beer to New York last fall, we knew there was a big part of the state that we didn’t get to know. We’re really excited to complete that launch and bring our beer to the Big Apple,” said Bell’s Vice President Laura Bell.

For the most up to date information about availability of Bell’s beer in their area, craft beer fans should contact their preferred local retailers, bars and restaurants or check the Bell’s Beer Finder online:http://bellsbeer.com/brands/brand-finder/

ABOUT BELL’S BREWERY, INC.
    Bell's Brewery, Inc. began in 1985 with a quest for better beer and a 15 gallon soup kettle. Since then, we've grown into a regional craft brewery that employs more than 200 people over a 19 state area, in addition to Puerto Rico and Washington DC. The dedication to brewing flavorful, unfiltered, quality craft beers that started in 1985 is still with us today. We currently brew over 20 beers for distribution as well as many other small batch beers that are served at our pub in Kalamazoo, the Eccentric Cafe. Our ongoing goal is to brew thoughtfully, creatively and artistically. We strive to bring an authentic and pleasant experience to all of our customers through our unique ales and beers. For more information, please visit bellsbeer.com. You can also find Bell’s on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Flickr and foursquare.

###

2. Cool news! Interesting that there was no mention whatsoever about HopSlam...hmm.
    Sadly, the two events listed that are nearest me are both on the 11th, at a time I'll still be at work. :(
    I can only hope there might still be some Two Hearted or Expedition left at Bellport Beer by the weekend.

3. Don't worry, Hopslam is coming! Not sure about Long Island, but a few NYC venues already announced it for launch events next week.

4. mibrze

mibrze Zealot (90) New Jersey Oct 10, 2013

But what about us folks in Jersey!

EnthusedAboutBeer likes this.
  5. Can't even make any launch events in NYC, where I work (afternoons and evenings—d'oh!). Gotta pin my hopes on finding bottles somewhere on LI. Or maybe just buy my first growler ever.

6. dar482

dar482 Advocate (700) New York Mar 9, 2007

If you can't make any of the many events in the city, this on the Island may interest you. Unsure if it's a bottle release though. I hope it is.

https://www.facebook.com/events/691702144214673/

2Xmd likes this.
  7. Yeah, I saw that on the events list on the Bells site. Can't make any of the events on LI either (see my first post in thread).

8. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

I wonder how much of a cluster the NYC events will be?

9. dar482

dar482 Advocate (700) New York Mar 9, 2007

10. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

marshmeli and dar482 like this.
  11. Harryrass

Harryrass Aficionado (170) New York Dec 31, 2008

Bellport has had Bell's for months. They are having a release/tasting too.

12. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (450) New York Feb 14, 2012

that is what i think, more events on the same day means that crowds should be spread out, or i would hope

mdfb79 likes this.
  13. VaTechPhilly

VaTechPhilly Savant (330) New York Oct 28, 2010

any chance they have Black Note Stout out here anywhere?

14. kjrod20

kjrod20 Savant (415) New York Jul 16, 2005

I know of one bar that will have it on tap for their release party, and only one, so far.

15. Kanger

Kanger Savant (435) New York Sep 3, 2013

smutty33 likes this.
  16. Actually it's on 2/11, per the Barcade website:

[​IMG]

17. Kanger

OOPS! Bad Typo on my part. Too late to edit. :/

18. Kanger

The line up at Barcade on 2/11

Bell's Amber Ale - 5.8% ABV - Toasted grain, light caramel and a diverse hop bouquet
    Bell's Black Note - 11.5% - Bourbon barrel aged blend of Expedition and Double Cream stouts
    Bell's Cherry Stout - 7.0% - Brewed with 100% Montmorency cherries
    Bell's Double Cream Stout - 7.5% - Named for its smooth and creamy texture
    Bell's Expedition Stout - 10.5% - The journey is more important than the destination
    Bell's Hopslam - 10.0% - Double IPA possesses the most complex hopping schedule in the Bell's repertoire
    Bell's Java Stout - 7.5% - Brewed with a custom blend of locally roasted coffee beans
    Bell's Kalamazoo Stout - 6.0% - A touch of brewer's licorice sets this stout apart
    Bell's Midwestern Pale Ale - 5.3% - Brewed with barley from Bell's farm in central Michigan
    Bell's Porter - 5.6% - Chock full of caramel and chocolate
    Bell's Quinnanen Falls - 6.5% - Strong Lager conjured from Larry Bell's imagination
    Bell's Smitten Golden Rye Ale - 6.0% - American style Pale Ale drawn from one of Bell's oldest recipes
    Bell's Third Coast Old Ale - 10.2% - Barleywine brimming with cherry, plum and boozy notes
    Bell's Two Hearted Ale - 6.0% - American style IPA hopped exclusively with Centennial hops

19. VaTechPhilly

VaTechPhilly Savant (330) New York Oct 28, 2010

Any hint? Is it in Brooklyn?

20. bkrefetz

bkrefetz Aficionado (175) New York Apr 19, 2008

BA Batch 9000?

21. pinyin

pinyin Aficionado (170) New York Sep 19, 2013

They will be at The Station House on Tuesday the 11th in Forest Hills.
    This place is usually not too crowded on a Tuesday.

22. kjrod20

kjrod20 Savant (415) New York Jul 16, 2005

One post above yours!

23. Harnkus

Harnkus Savant (395) New York Oct 31, 2013

From what I heard Hopslam will be available at bars only via tap. No bottles in stores. I don't care because I am just thrilled to bits that Bells will be in Long Island to stay.

24. dangelop

dangelop Savant (390) New York Sep 16, 2006

at least two stores in brooklyn - one on court and one on 5th ave - that are known for not playing by too many of the rules, are both selling bells (hopslam included) right now for those who cant wait two more days...

25. Kanger

I think bottles made it through the distributors early. I know a spot that got Midwestern Pale Ale, Amber Ale, Two Hearted Ale, Smitten Golden Rye Ale, Kalamazoo Stout, and Hopslam.

26. slander

slander Site Editor (590) New York Nov 5, 2001 Staff Member

Not true.

VonZipper likes this.
  27. Not true is correct. You would be hard pressed to find both draft and bottles in one location, but both will be available. Most places will have one, but not the other. We will have Hopslam on Weds. It will be limited, as very little came out to the Island. The city I can't speak of.
    http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/65978/

VonZipper likes this.
  28. Hopslam was at bed stuy beer works this am till one guy went in and bought it all.

29. I'm hearing each of the WF should be getting around 10 cases of Hopslam

30. Kanger

I just bought a sixer of Hopslam here in Brooklyn:

[​IMG]

31. Kanger

They got a little more.

32. Harnkus

Harnkus Savant (395) New York Oct 31, 2013

Yeah, you guys are right. I was misinformed

33. Either way, some d-bag went in and cleared it out. Beer in NYC, man.

jrnyc likes this.
  34. That sucks. I hate the "all for me" guys. People may dislike the way I handle these releases, but I get it to the most people possible. No one walks out with any bulk.... For years we were just "Beer Geeks" now we've been invaded by the "beer douches" Good luck in your hunt.

duluoz, sjjn, dar482 and 2 others like this.
  35. Moopband

Moopband Savant (265) New York Jul 20, 2010

Had my first Hopslam - picked up a 6pack in Brooklyn and overall I'm underwhelmed. Maybe some people are experiencing the same in this batch that I got. I'm just finding the beer to be a bit alcohol forward and it's throwing off the whole experience. I couldn't really get past the smell or taste to really experience the hops/honey.

36. JLoPMac

JLoPMac Aficionado (210) New York Jan 2, 2013

I had that same exact experience last year, and wasn't sure what caused it. Interesting to see you feel the same with this year's batch. Just way too much alcohol and pine. Still very excited to give it another shot this year.

37. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (450) New York Feb 14, 2012

Curious what the date on the bottle is?

38. joehill

joehill Aficionado (210) New York Apr 11, 2008

i attempted to pick up a 6 pack from WF Union Square that the beer guy brought out of the back, he said they got it all in but would be setting up a display this afternoon. I couldn't buy it unfortunately, since when I got to the register it wasn't in the system yet. It was dated 1/16/2014 though.

39. The WF Chelsea hadn't gotten yet but should either get it tonight or early tomorrow. The numbers listed above for HS (10 cases) are correct.
    Kinda sucked to not get it, but I walked out with bombers of Smutty IS and Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout for $15 so definitely not too upset.