1. One Hundred Mags (Rule). Check out the sneak peek of BeerAdvocate magazine #100, plus some of the changes coming your way.

Bell's "This one goes to 11 Ale", what happened?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by trxxpaxxs, Jun 13, 2012.

1. sm0key

sm0key Savant (325) Michigan Apr 24, 2009

that is truly a Stonehenge that is in danger of being crush by a drunk!

2. stephenieman

stephenieman Savant (275) Illinois Oct 14, 2011

"The bigger the waistband the deeper the quicksand!"

Etan and deadonhisfeet like this.
  3. EliotHedger

EliotHedger Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 25, 2012

Just got a small supply here at Binny's Bev. In Champaign, IL. Waiting on pricing then she'll hit the shelves tomorrow!

Cheers

4. rpbuckeye

rpbuckeye Advocate (710) Ohio Mar 29, 2011

Was able to grab the last one that was not spoken for at the Middle Grounds Market behind the Maumee Bay Brewing Co. in Toledo. This is a cool bottle shop and Matt will take great care of you. Check them out!!!
    [​IMG]

zchall23 likes this.
  5. trem0lo

trem0lo Aficionado (135) Ohio Oct 3, 2005

Was just there. 2 sixers left. You have to ask for it by quoting a line from the movie :)

6. Is this in stock anywhere near Ann Arbor, MI (I'm there for a few days)?

7. beerhan

beerhan Savant (420) Ohio Apr 28, 2010

Is there any of this left anywhere in toledo?

8. bluejacket74

bluejacket74 Champion (815) Ohio Jul 4, 2005

Just picked some up at Blacklick Wine and Spirits in Columbus, it came in earlier today.

9. rpbuckeye

rpbuckeye Advocate (710) Ohio Mar 29, 2011

Call the Anderson's in Sylvania and ask if you can be put on the list. I got 2 bottles from them but not sure if there are any that are not spoken for. I don't think the Anderson's in Toledo got any.

10. BMMillsy

BMMillsy Champion (760) Florida Feb 16, 2012

The Wine Seller in Ann Arbor just advertised that they have it. Great guys there.

wintbs379 likes this.
  11. Bills453

Bills453 Savant (255) Ohio Feb 6, 2007

I know the Anderson's on sawmill road columbus, oh got some...my brother is there now.

12. Moz

Moz Aficionado (105) Illinois Oct 1, 2012

Anywhere around the Chicago burbs?

13. airmike

airmike Aficionado (185) Iowa Apr 12, 2011

Just got bent over a six pack for $19.99, hope it's worth it..... like herpes from a hot chick

FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  14. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Just got a case in @Fitzgerald's in Eagle River, MI. Tasty, tasty. Also have a quarter barrel we will be tapping for our closing party on Oct. 26th.

15. mrn1ceguy

mrn1ceguy Savant (410) Illinois Oct 5, 2012

Same question. Binnys of Naperville and St Charles both said their distributor hasn't got it yet and no one else in the West Suburbs has even heard of it.

16. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (365) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

Not
    Not true. Cardinal liquor in Joliet had some earlier this wk but I scooped up the last 6er on Tuesday for a whopping $18.99. Haven't heard of anyone else having it tho.

17. Thanks for the heads up! Was able to grab a 6-pack there. Can't wait to try it.

18. Unbelieveable brew, shows Bells brewing muscle. Would run with the biggest dogs on the WC. And Im trying to rank among Hopslam and Oracle.

19. beerhan

beerhan Savant (420) Ohio Apr 28, 2010

Thanks...just went to ann arbor instead, much easier than trying to figure out the secret code for Anderson's sylvania

20. pecokid

pecokid Savant (350) Pennsylvania Jan 23, 2007

I just picked up a case at Breski in Harrisburg, PA. Don't know if it was BS or not, but they told me PA got 10 cases and they got 3 of those. I heard the guy from Anchorage Brewing talking about Galaxy hops on the BN so since Bell's 11 has Galaxy, I pounced. $64 for a case, FYI.

21. I heard from Sicilianos in Grand Rapids that they will have it on the 11th.

22. Hindsight

Hindsight Savant (255) Ohio Oct 8, 2011

Saturday at noon in Columbus - Whole Foods on Sawmill just got a case and is selling sixers $17.99. Pace High carryout on campus is selling singles, limit two $3.99 ea.

23. stephenieman

stephenieman Savant (275) Illinois Oct 14, 2011

God WHY did I wait until today to track this down?

Anyone know of Northside-ish Chicago places that have this, even a single bottle, please send me a B(owel) M(ovement).
    I'm a huge Bell's and Spinal Tap fan so I'd love to get just one bottle!

24. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (355) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

I snagged a sixer at Family Liquors in Homewood last night. Last one on the shelf but not sure if there was more in the back. Tried one and I must say it is one of the best red ales I've had. Fantastic stuff.

25. The stuff is flowing like water in Ann Arbor...most places $16.99/sixer

26. jonallan

jonallan Aficionado (130) Indiana Apr 27, 2012

As of a half hour ago, still can find sixers on the shelf in Indy. $17.99

27. loki993

loki993 Savant (250) Michigan Apr 16, 2009

I'm having no luck here. Ive had one place say they already got it and sold it all, dont know if I believe that or not, one said they tried to order it and it wasn't available and another had no idea what I was talking about. I only tried the 3 because I was still under the impression that Michigan hadn't gotten it yet.

28. a74gent

a74gent Savant (415) Massachusetts Mar 16, 2010

Wow..this is amazing. Was up there on Wednesday night and most places didn't know what it was or said they hadn't heard when yet. Ahhh...how I long for the days of honesty.

29. Chicago Binnys on Grand. It's in the back, have to ask. $17

30. Hello. My Binnys doesn't have it yet, but I scored at South Loop, Noble Grape (a small wine shop), and 3 at Moreno's. The oddest was Moreno's. 26th Street. Little Mexico. Being a 6'4" Gringo, donning Tommy Bahama wear, shorts, Keen sandals, well that was quite an otherworldly beer buying adventure. How they were able to get this coveted nectar, who knows?!??!! Didn't inquire. My money was as green as everybody elses. Thanks.

31. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Advocate (540) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

They got it today. $3.09/bottle, two bottle limit.

32. MaxSpang

MaxSpang Advocate (515) Ohio Jan 28, 2011

Belmont Party Supply in Dayton just got some. Limit 4 per customer.

33. Alextricity

Alextricity Champion (795) Michigan Jun 18, 2012

[​IMG][​IMG]

They only got ONE case and are limiting ONE bottle per customer, but one's better than none, right?

Flabbyjandro likes this.
  34. CLCardinal84

CLCardinal84 Savant (330) Illinois Jan 29, 2012

Just picked up a 6 pack at the Jewel at Clark and Division in Chicago. This was my lucky beer day. Delicious stuff.

35. taalhiker

taalhiker Aficionado (135) Ohio Aug 26, 2008

They let me get a 6pk @ BPS.

36. loki993

These seems to be proving harder to get then BCBS lol. I've called various places around here and no one has gotten it yet. Im hearing today, Friday even next week from some places...

37. craigo19

craigo19 Savant (270) Michigan Oct 12, 2009

Got the last six pack at The Anderson's in Toledo today, it was a nice surprise to see it on the shelf. Paid $17.99 for it.

38. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Ohio Aug 26, 2012

The following Columbus, OH places either never had it or are out: Whole Foods Lane, Whole Foods Dublin-Granville, Weilands, The Andersons, Savor, Market District and Blacklick Wine.

Pace High Carryout still had four single bottles last night at $3.99/ea but no longer seem to be enforcing a limit

39. loki993

It still amazes me that it seems like everyone BUT Michigan has gotten this already

40. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (365) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

There ya go. It's in Michigan. Maybe just not by you.