1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bemidji Brewing is brewing now!

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by ZAP, Oct 9, 2012.

1. ZAP

ZAP Advocate (735) Minnesota Dec 1, 2001

No word yet on when their first beer will be released or where it will be released to (they are saying perhaps one or two draft accounts only to start with) but it looks like their product will be available relatively soon.

From the Bemidji Brewing facebook page:

"After a 10 hour brew day we successfully brewed 2 batches of our first beer, a session-strength pale ale that will be dry hopped with a blend of ahtanum, cascade, and citra."

Chaz likes this.
  2. Chaz

Chaz Champion (845) Minnesota Feb 3, 2002

Yeah, it sounds like a real locals-only set up there -- two draft locations but no growlers? DONG!

Which reminds me; these folks will be up and running as a brewpub soon:
    http://www.redwingbrewing.com/

3. The brewer is one of the most talented guys I've ever met, expect good things from these folks. I've had a dozen different session pales from him before and none have been less than exemplary.

4. Chaz

Chaz Champion (845) Minnesota Feb 3, 2002

Release date for their first batch: Saturday October 27th at Brigid's Cross Irish Pub.

Via MNBeer.

5. I went to drill with one of the brewer's friends, everything is going good. I am definitely looking forward to enjoying some more sessional beers from these guys

Chaz likes this.