1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Benji's Smoked Imperial Chipotle Porter (Tyranena)

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by eschmitt777, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Has been re-released today at Tyranena Brewing, both on tap at the brewery and in 4 packs. I purchased both tonight.
  2. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (925) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

Good news is that it will be on store shelves very soon!
  3. bound4er

bound4er Savant (435) Wisconsin Jul 4, 2007

This is a tasty brew - glad to see its return.
  4. BFro

BFro Aficionado (235) Illinois Feb 1, 2012

Bought one yesterday. Not sure how i feel about it. Was decently made, but nothing over the top. Barely noticed the chipotle in there.
  5. I would say it's another solid Imperial Porter from Tyranena, though I agree I was hoping for more chipotle taste. I do enjoy the dry finish which I believe is in part from the peppers. I also felt a little heat later into the glass and intermittently on the lips.
  6. jawzman

jawzman Aficionado (210) Minnesota Mar 20, 2010

Did I miss Shaggin in the Wood? Or are they not brewing it this year? In fact, the BGW series seems harder to find, or are they showing down the release schedule? This seems like the first BGW release in a while...
  7. Not sure if they are brewing it but it hasn't released yet this year/season.
  8. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

God I hope this makes it to Indiana. That beer is awesome!
    JohnnyHopps likes this.
  9. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

Anyone know if it's hit Green Bay yet? Going back there this weekend.
  10. OnWisconsin

OnWisconsin Savant (335) Wisconsin Aug 14, 2012

I have not seen it here in Green Bay yet.
  11. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

This was my biggest gripe last time around. No heat or smoke aspect to it all really. Good porter for certain, but the name of the beer is misleading.