1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best Beer No One Seems To Know About

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by HomeBrewed, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Crackerroll

Crackerroll Savant (295) Missouri Jan 16, 2011

I know; but I kind of like that it isn't...makes the anticipation greater! Cheers.
  2. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Auroch's Horn.
    ohenziguri likes this.
  3. Didn't know they distributed that far, their Nano-brewery for designing is less than a mile from my house. I have been invited to brew a batch with them at the nano sometime, guess I should remember to email them.

4. I just got a job at my local bottle shop. Hop Notch is probably the best selling IPA we carry. In NC.
  5. I wholeheartedly agree. And they have pretty cool origins/operation to boot.
  6. iwantmorehops

iwantmorehops Savant (315) Vermont Sep 25, 2010

This just came out in 4pks in VT! It's delicious, creamy smooth roasty coffee flavor with no heat.
    cavedave likes this.
  7. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Savant (490) Indiana Jan 4, 2012

Lazy Magnolia's TimberBeast is pretty terrific!

NOLA has Mechahopzilla, but not canned yet!
    cselby likes this.
  8. I can get for ya anytime! LOVE this IIPA!
    ogrerugby likes this.
  9. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (400) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

Pliny the Elder and Heady Topper of course :)
    Marti403 likes this.
  10. erikl48

erikl48 Savant (295) Pennsylvania Jun 29, 2011

Tired hands nerd flight!!!!
  11. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (435) California Nov 20, 2010

xyauyu series
  12. Mattyb79

Mattyb79 Savant (440) Virginia Dec 11, 2012

Devil's backbone eight point IPA
    siege06nd likes this.
  13. GI Green Line Pale Ale.
    bigbeerfan likes this.
  14. Bobheed

Bobheed Savant (355) Texas Dec 27, 2010

I actually live in Texas now, so I can get it all the time now too! :D
  15. Anything by Rising Tide. Getting more popular around New England.
  16. Hopdaemon39

Hopdaemon39 Savant (360) New York Dec 27, 2011

Unfortunately only available in mass., Jack's Abby Hoponius Union and ginger and juice is AMAZING. Sad that I'm unable to obtain it in NYC and that nobody knows of this awesome brewery's existence.
    Odeeum and mkabull like this.
  17. StubFaceJoe

StubFaceJoe Initiate (0) Colorado Nov 24, 2011

Same with Dubhe. They are way underated. I think it's the artwork and name. People think they are Abita.
  18. Recently someone gave me a bomber of Jasper Murdock's Private Stock '12. I was very surprised by the quality of their brew. It's a small brewery attached to an inn up in Norwich, VT. The full body, caramel malts, and bready aftertaste all blend together so nicely in this beer. It is also aged for a year which is always a nice touch!
  19. I am glad that I live just 20 minutes from this brewery. Let me know if you ever want to work out a trade. I can even grab the brews that are only available at their brewery. For instance, their sour beer (I believe it was called bier de garde) was absolutely INCREDIBLE!
    mkabull likes this.
  20. Anything by Alley Kat, but in particular their Olde Deuteronomy barley wine.
  21. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (830) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

West Sixth IPA. It's so good I changed my profile pic.
  22. sukwonee

sukwonee Advocate (540) Washington Dec 13, 2011

I like your taste. Cowiche and Fat Tug are awesome. I also enjoyed the Cowiche Hop Lab #1 (green bottle). Regarding Humulo Nimbus - just watch out for old bottles. Last bottle I had was a total malt bomb (still good though).
  23. Been meaning to try these guys! What do you recommend??
  24. Shoreline Lost Sailor and Curse the Goat.
  25. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (340) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Smoke and dagger is phenominal, hoponious union IPL is ridiculously good. Eveything ive had from them has been great! Id love to see them at Night of the Barrels next month!
  26. Peg2009

Peg2009 Aficionado (130) Maryland Dec 30, 2012

I am new to evaluating what I call "fancy beers" also known as good beers! My vote for really good beers I have not heard much about are some of the chocolate stouts. Young's Double Chocolate Stout went unchallenged (in my opinion) for several years, until last night. Samuel Smiths Organic Chocolate Stout surpassed Young's by leaps and bounds!
  27. Agreed! For around $10 a bomber, it doesn't get much better for my money. Could stand a little more bourbon flavor, but that's a minor gripe.
  28. RoninTK3

RoninTK3 Savant (290) New Hampshire Nov 12, 2012

Grey Sail Stargazer Imperial Stout is very nice. They're out of Westerly, RI and have been around for about a year.
  29. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Champion (960) Maine Sep 17, 2005

Geary's HSA.
    Wonderful beer.
  30. Fibertech

Fibertech Disciple (50) California Nov 16, 2010

Freetail brewing. All their beers!!! They have two IPA's that are dynamite.. Located out of San Antonio.. Dont believe they distribute but have a really bitching brewpub with some of the best tasting pizza this side of Italy...Their stone oven is amazing...Was just there on a business trip (about a month) :)... This became our spot.... Check'em out...
  31. Daymark is my favorite so far. Great sipping beer spring/summer. Zephyr and Ishmael are great beers too, haven't gotten around to their darker beers. They had a limited release called "prince Tuesday" that was a collaboration with Allagash. Had it on tap at great lost bear in Portland, wish I could find it again. Good luck, let me know what you think!
  32. Couldn't disagree more. I think the new branding is sharp. Remember this?

[​IMG]

"Yes, do you have that Tramp Stamp Pale Ale in stock?"