1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $14.99 (US/print only). Offer ends April 30. Subscribe now! (Because great beer deserves great stories AND readers.)

Best Beer spots in Scandinavia

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by shoyoroll, Nov 18, 2012.

1. I will be traveling to Sweden and Switzerland early next year. Looking to secure a good references on places to go and also a few good in personal trading partners. Please post or send over any private messages. Thanks you.

2. Where in Sweden are you going?

3. If you're near Stockholm, the obvious answer is Akkurat.

If you want to try a lot of Swedish micros, Ardbeg Embassy (in Old Town Stockholm) has 24 of them on tap, which is sort of a rarity. They also have a really cool menu, lots of game meat dishes.

The Wallingatan Monk's Cafe location has a pretty good selection and is close to the station entrance/exit for the Arlanda Express. The house beers aren't that great, however. There's another Monk's Cafe (Porter House location) not too far away from Akkurat. The house beers were better at that one.

Some of the Bishops Arms are okay. The Vasagatan location near the Stockholm Central Station has a pretty decent selection.

Some other reputable bars that I didn't get a chance to visit like Oliver Twist, Presskluben, Belgobaren...

Save your pennies, though. Scandinavia is brutally expensive.

4. Scandinavia has some great beer spots. Too bad you're missing out on Denmark and Finland where there are some great bars.

Oliver Twist and Glenfidich Warehouse 68 in Stockholm both seemed good for Swedish beers when I visited them.

5. I probably will be dropping by Denmark. Looking to find a good spot to pick up some good Cantillon or 3F lambics to carry back home.

6. Where in Denmark? Copenhagen? You need to be a little more specific about where you will be besides the fact that you'll simply be in a country.

Ølbutikken, BarleyWine, and maybe Belgisk Bryg are probably your best bet there.

Jnorton00 likes this.
  7. mikkeller bar and olbaren are places i could spend the rest of my life

8. Heretic42

Heretic42 Savant (475) Texas Aug 31, 2011

I didn't get to go to Olbaren, but I loved Mikkeler Bar when I went to Copenhagen. Lord Nelson was also great.

9. blafa

blafa Aspirant (25) Denmark Oct 22, 2012

Mikkeller Bar, Öl butikken (You'll find some cantillon and 3F here) and Fermentoren are my favorite places in Copenhagen. Should you ever hit scania - Malmö, Helsingborg, Lund feel free to hit me up with a PM and I'll give some more in depth tips. Also up for a trade if you're close by!