Best Beer store in Shakopee?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by brewrouse, Feb 23, 2012.

1. brewrouse

brewrouse Zealot (90) Minnesota Jan 28, 2010

Looking for a store that might carry a great craft selection in Shakopee. Any ideas? Trying to "convert" a buddy and he needs local access in his hometown. Thanks for the ideas!

2. dc55110

dc55110 Advocate (525) Minnesota Oct 24, 2010

Shakopee is pretty much a wasteland, but you can find a few things at Crossroads liquor or the Wine Cellars.

3. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (425) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

I live in Jordan, Shakopee sucks. go to Blue Max or the Four Firkins.

4. steven

steven Aficionado (110) Minnesota May 24, 2006

Valley Liquor has some good stuff, but it can sit for awhile sometimes.

Mostly, all the stores are about the same. Very few have anything great, but they all have some decent options. If you're looking to convert someone, I think you can find some decent stuff to do that. I can't imagine you're starting with 10 dollar bombers of Imperial Stout for this endeavor. :)

Also, Turtles makes a pretty good effort with their tap selection. I've been enjoying Dark Abbey from Harriet there recently, and they now have a MN only 4-tap tower, in addition to about 12 other taps with a couple good options on. One seems to always be devoted to Nordeast, but there are one or two more interesting ones on there usually.

5. yokken

yokken Aficionado (230) Minnesota Feb 27, 2012

MGM in Chaska (by Rainbow) has some real good stuff, lots of Sierra Nevada and Stone Brewery (my personal favorite) as well as a lot of Summit and New Belgium brews. There's also other stuff that I haven't tried yet. Make sure you check out the un-refrigerated stuff, that's where the goods are. ;)

I haven't been in a while, but Chasers in Chaska has a decent selection as well.