1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Best beer stores/liquor stores in downtown Chicago

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by chrisweingart, Oct 31, 2012.

1. chrisweingart

chrisweingart Member

Heading there in two weeks and wanna pick up some beer to ship back. Where should I go?
  2. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Member

Binnys never disappoints for large selection
  3. daniloknezic

daniloknezic Member

I'm new to chicago and have not yet explored beyone the river north binny's, but i found some really great stuff in there last week: BA frogs hollow, regular frogs hollow, juliet, black xantus, fruet... ect...
  4. ChiPool

ChiPool Member

*West Lakeview Liquors
    *Fischmann's on N. Milwaukee Ave.
  5. chrisweingart

chrisweingart Member

Thanks for the input, I'm not looking to clean house but would definitely like to bring back about a dozen or two bottles that aren't distributed outside the Great Lakes area.
  6. DanGolfs86

DanGolfs86 Member

If you are looking for more local selections i would say Binny's. West Lakeview Liquors is great, but that is where i go to get 1)beers i can't find in other Chicago stores (so most likely not local to great lakes) and 2) limited bottles that may not be on shelves at Binny's etc.)

Binny's in Lincoln Park (right next to Goose Island Clybourne) is probably the best in terms of beer selection IMHO. Plus you can walk over to Goose Island, have a great lunch with some great beers and buy a bottle of Nighstalker. What could be better? :D
    chrisweingart likes this.
  7. FEUO

FEUO Member

I was at Hopleaf on Monday for dinner and hit the wine shop just down the block. It had a pretty awesome selection (including some Lost Abbey and Bruery). Very nice stumble. And the brisket at Hopleaf was the shiz.