1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best beer you've ever had.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BottleCaps80, Jan 27, 2013.

1. HarrySTruman

HarrySTruman Savant (265) Michigan May 16, 2012

I usually don't notice much of a difference between most beers on tap or in a fresh bottle, but something about two hearted on tap is SO much better than it is out of the bottle. I don't buy many bottles of two hearted any more, but pretty much any time I go to dinner I end up getting a two hearted. Luckily for me, almost every restaurant in my area carries it, even mediocre places like Max and Ermas and Red Robin.

Beefytits4 likes this.
  2. Misrahi

Misrahi Zealot (75) Florida Feb 11, 2011

Bell's Black Note. Few stouts have such complexity and balance.

3. I havent even had this beer yet. :(. My fav is ruination, hands down

4. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (615) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

It's made in your fine city! You need to try it stat. Amazing beer. Now I am anxious to try everything else I can find from Anchorage Brewing.

5. Ive had all but two of their brews. Galaxy white is my #3 beer behind ruination and old rasp. If you can get ahold of a galaxy white by anchorage brewing i highly suggest it

BottleCaps80 likes this.
  6. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (615) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

Will definitely give Galaxy a try if i see it. Thanks for the suggestion.

7. betterbgood

betterbgood Aficionado (170) Ohio Aug 23, 2008

i like the very first craft i ever has since journeying out of the commercial beers, it is Westmalle dubbel

8. Rohkey

Rohkey Savant (350) Michigan Jan 13, 2013

Westmalle Trappist Tripel. Although Paulaner Salvator is pretty delicious.

AlaskanYoung likes this.
  9. Salvator is very delicious

10. DCgolfpro

DCgolfpro Savant (440) Maryland Oct 26, 2011

Epic Big Bad Baptist

iKasey likes this.
  11. toofdoc

toofdoc Savant (250) New Mexico Jun 28, 2011

RareR DOS

beergorrilla likes this.
  12. MaineMike

MaineMike Savant (290) Maine Jan 22, 2011

Best possible answer!

13. The best anchorage I've had is the tide and its takers, their Brett tripel. Best beer ever... 2007 kate.

14. 2012 Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout completely and utterly blew me away. It is the only beer I've rated a perfect 5/5. 2012 Hopslam is up there, though, for sheer enjoyment, since I associate it with an abnormally warm winter and enjoying its hoppy beauty on my porch while the snow melted.

15. Older darklords I love, but best beer ever has too be apple brandy hunahpus...for now

16. itsthepleats

itsthepleats Savant (340) Ohio Mar 19, 2012

My "best beer" has everything to do with the memory it left me....which means the environment I was in, my mood, what I was eating etc all played a part. I have a handful of "religious experiences" with beer that will stick with me for awhile. Honestly, I think it's those experiences that drive me to find new stellar brews....not necessarily the beer per se, but the knock my socks off experience/memory is what I want!

With that said...my best beer is probably Columbus IPA. I was early to a meet some friends for a movie and ended up sitting in the theater parking lot for a bit. I had just bought a sixer of CBC IPA so decided to crack one in the car. It was so damn tasty!...like I had to try to take smaller sips to make the bottle last. I remember literally laughing out loud at a swig or two because it just did it for me. Such grapefruity goodness! So...I have other higher rated beers but CBC IPA will always be my "best" beer:)

17. TastyIsBeer

TastyIsBeer Savant (430) Illinois Dec 13, 2006

Overall, probably BCS Rare, but it has some stiff competition from Founder's Devil Dancer, Stone Ruination, and Stone Enjoy By...

18. Nitro tap Dieu du ciel Aphrodite. Absolutely loved it.

19. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Savant (350) Colorado Nov 29, 2006

I'd say regular dark lord blew my mind more than any other beer... but Achel Bruin Extra has been my most notable beer in the last couple of years... Too drinkable for such a strong/complex drink. I could drink gallons of the stuff.

20. Hill Farmstead Abner is absolute beer perfection for me with Alpine's Hoppy Birthday close behind.

21. I'm a card-carrying hophead, so even the worst DIPA is better than just about any example of another beer style to me, but my all-time favorite is Southern Tier Unearthly. I like barleywines too though--Rogue Old Crustacean particularly.

Shagator likes this.
  22. Tough. My first Pliney on tap changed what beer could be for me and the first taste of KBS. Both fucked my world and while I have had better of both styles these will always be my moments.

23. JM03

JM03 Initiate (0) Ohio Nov 12, 2010

Double sunshine and/or krbc citra.

24. A tie between Hoponius Union and Kiwi Rising. Delectable!

25. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (525) New York Mar 7, 2010

How can I forget, Gnomegang on tap over the summer. There was a special pouring of it in June. Magical.

26. hwy395

hwy395 Aficionado (240) California Jan 20, 2012

I'm in San Jose, lets carpool and I'll drive

ndelpego likes this.
  27. hwy395

hwy395 Aficionado (240) California Jan 20, 2012

I want to try Hayden Panettiere....I mean Zombie Dust !!! ( Sorry your avatar messed me up ).

tectactoe and kirbmeist like this.
  28. This is one of those answers that are subject to change daily, but in this particular moment my response is easy-
    It's Old Stock Ale - North Coast Brewing.
    2011 and 2012 is all I have to draw upon for this big beauty though.

29. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Savant (350) Florida Mar 16, 2012

Im a hophead but FBS is probably the best beer ive ever had. Can't wait till founders begins distro to FL

30. 2003 Ommegang Three Philosophers that I had in 2010. That beer still haunts me as I try to find something better.

Shagator likes this.
  31. right now, it was that uber fresh (probably a few days old) Columbus Brewing Co. IPA I had at Bodega in Columbus. Holy fuck that was good.

32. thedominator

thedominator Zealot (85) New York Mar 22, 2010

33. koopa

koopa Champion (800) New Jersey Apr 20, 2008

Keep at it and enjoy the journey!

34. Goose Island's Naughty Goose from around 2008 was the stand out for me. Had it once and will likely never have it again.
    Favorite available beer - Pliny the Elder.

35. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 18, 2010

I've had Love Buzz and enjoyed it, but I thought both Bitter Monk and The Tide And Its Takers were even better. If you see them, don't even think about it; grab them. They're basically a similar approach as Love Buzz is to a saison, to a Belgian IPA and a tripel. Galaxy White IPA was also pretty good.

Best beer I've ever had? I don't think I've had it yet.

36. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (360) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Lawsons double sunshine
    Hill Farmatead Susan

37. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Juicy. Hands down.

38. ImageFX

ImageFX Aficionado (120) Florida Jan 29, 2013

Ten Fidy Imperial Stout

39. AceMaster

AceMaster Aficionado (185) Iowa Jan 23, 2012

st. b prior 8 but only the first one i had after that it was only awsome not exceptional then the sixth glass is a close second easily available but totally awsome

40. shwurr

shwurr Aspirant (35) California Nov 15, 2012

DUVEL. Perfect.