1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best beer you've ever had.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BottleCaps80, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Not sure, but it definitely isn't Pliny...hyped, watered-down pale ale.

HipsterBrewfus and Shagator like this.
  2. mcrago

mcrago Savant (390) Indiana Oct 6, 2012

This is a tough one. I've had so many beers that I love, but two come to mind. Zombie Dust is just amazing and Bourbon County was a "religious experience" the first time I had it.

3. Stouttyme

Stouttyme Savant (280) Nebraska Nov 17, 2011

Apple Brandy Hunahpu's no doubt about it.

paintball363 likes this.
  4. diesel59

diesel59 Savant (400) New York Jan 3, 2012

I really took a liking to Jai Alai............ its a shame I can't get it in NY anymore

5. Pliny the Elder on tap for the first time in Philly.

6. I have to mention three floyds 'Dreadnaught, my all time favorite. Never has failed me.

Shagator likes this.
  7. sarch

sarch Aficionado (140) Illinois Jan 16, 2013

Firestone 15th Anniversary or Parabola.

8. TheCondor

TheCondor Savant (395) Missouri Dec 29, 2011

I have no idea if anyone has said it already, but Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen is absolutely ridiculously good. I would drink it anytime, anywhere, with anyone.

9. 71gto

71gto Savant (270) Illinois Jun 3, 2009

I agree with this.

10. Wow. Founders Breakfast Stout is pretty much the perfect beer for me. However, after a trip to Germany and Hungary/Austria in 1989 I brought home a 6 pack of the Maerzen from the Augusteiner Keller in Salzburg. I think maybe actually 4 bottles made it on the plane. My brother probably had 2 of those. about 8 weeks after being home I dove into the final beer and just about wept. Have had nothing like it before, or since.

11. 71gto

71gto Savant (270) Illinois Jun 3, 2009

I had the 16th anniversary on tap last night and it was up there thats for sure. So much complexity, tasted something different with each sip.

12. Cantillion Lou Pepe Kriek at the Brewery tied with a 2007 Pannepot perfectly aged from Delirium Cafe in Brussels. Great place, great time, perfect beer.

13. Hopmarc

Hopmarc Savant (265) Illinois Oct 30, 2012

Zombie Dust

14. jrbchef

jrbchef Savant (265) Connecticut Feb 24, 2011

Rodenbach Grad Cru .......on tap. My pants are getting tighter just remembering.

15. KillerBrews

KillerBrews Aspirant (35) Texas Feb 3, 2013

anchor liberty ale. holy crap this blew me away, and still does.

16. Shagator

Shagator Savant (410) Kentucky Mar 17, 2012

Unearthly is what got me off BMC and on to craft beers

17. Shagator

One of my favorites that I dont buy that often. bought a bottle the other day and the next day my wife was making mac & cheese with beer from a recipe she found. I heard the bottle open and then i heard her pour it. I didnt think much of it for a second, as I have 15-20 different types of beer in the fridge. Curiosity got the best of me as to what type of beer she was using. To my horror, i saw a mostly empty bottle of three philosophers sitting on the counter.

The M&C was phenomenal though.

18. 2010 Abyss a few months ago.

smitherz22 likes this.
  19. bourbon county coffee was pretty spectacular

20. tourdot

tourdot Savant (450) Wisconsin Mar 3, 2012

So we all appreciate different styles so I can't narrow it down to just one but for my favorite styles: Imperial Stout: new best is Central Waters 15, RIS: Dark Horse BB Plead the 5th, Scotch/Wee Heavy: Cigar City BB Big Sound

21. Mine would definitely either be Westy or GI Rare, both cracked at my 50th nearly two years ago. Thankfully I have a few more Rare's to enjoy.

22. Id say in 2010, while on the flying dog tour, getting to try The Fear before bottling. Blew my mind. Still does. I could drink that beer all day.

23. Shagator

I have not had the good fortune to have tasted many of the beers that have been mentioned but from what i have had: (in no particular order)

Ruination 10 yr
    Zombie Dust
    Jai-Alai
    Rye'Da Tiger
    Bo & Luke
    Dreadnaught
    Unearthly
    Rochefort 8 & 10
    Shahfly TIPA

If i had to pick one beer for the rest of my life it would be Dreadnaught.

24. Tea Bagged Furious. It's staggeringly good.

But I had a 2008 Cuvee de Tomme this summer that gave me pause before I typed that.

25. COWHAWK

COWHAWK Zealot (95) Iowa Jan 29, 2013

Some of the best beers I have ever tried no particular order
    -Toppling Goliath Pseudo Sue
    -3Floyds Zombie Dust
    -Founders Pale Ale
    -Bells Pale Ale
    -Toppling Goliath Millenium Falcon