1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best Beers For Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Brianhophead, Feb 10, 2013.

1. TNGabe

TNGabe Initiate (0) Tennessee Feb 6, 2012

Unless the woman has decent taste in beer....it happens ya know.

Probably Rodenbach GC and JP La Roja here tonight.

Andygirl likes this.
  2. Moose90

Moose90 Savant (405) Colorado Nov 25, 2012

I'll probably break out a Wake Up Dead 22oz, not a very well fitting name for the occasion though.

3. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (505) Missouri May 11, 2012

I don't care what anybody says, I drink Lindeman's Framboise from time to time and think its good stuff

4. BobZ

BobZ Advocate (530) Massachusetts Jun 24, 2009

Zaphog likes this.
  5. TNGabe

TNGabe Initiate (0) Tennessee Feb 6, 2012

I don't have a problem with that friend. I think it tastes like EmergenC, but everyone is different.

My point was that this 'panty dropper' label for sweet fruit beers is dumb. Who drops their drawers for a beer that's 2.5% ABV?

6. Le Freak

7. EdTheEdge

EdTheEdge Advocate (530) California Mar 26, 2011

8. Pecheur 36.15 from France ("The beer of love")...one horrible beer if it's still around, but brewed with "natural aphrodisiacs"!
    Good luck getting it to go down (sorry, I had to).

9. Morey

Morey Advocate (525) Pennsylvania Dec 30, 2007

Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate
    ST Choklat

10. teal

teal Aficionado (195) Wisconsin May 3, 2012

Chicks with a reasonable BMI?

11. Why is everyone talking about chocolate beers, Why not get a beer that would go good with a box of chocolates with out overdoing the chocolate. As a married woman (I know this may sound like blasphemy to some) Valentines day isnt about all things heart shaped and chocolate, Although I could go for an Allagash Curieux and a bar of 70% Cocoa to nibble on. I think that sounds like the perfect Valentines day beer and snack to me!

slarrage likes this.
  12. A sour red/brown such as Madame Rose with the maine course is appropriate for the day.
    And since chocolate is usually involved, drinking a Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout alongside it is a good bet !

13. SenorHops

SenorHops Savant (385) Rhode Island Aug 10, 2010

Leather Lips IPA
    [​IMG]

14. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (385) California Dec 21, 2011

My significant other and I will be opening a Cherry Rye and possibly a My Bloody Valentine if I'm not too full and bloated from dinner.

15. I hope you enjoyed the wreck for valentines day!

16. ferry

ferry Initiate (15) Mar 1, 2013

My favorite is Budweiser and I would like to have this brand on Valentine's day.. It has good taste and it will really make you relax. and you will enjoy everything after having this beer..And you can also go for whiskey or scotch.. Dewar's Signature is smoothest whiskey..So i would say you can have Budweiser or Dewar's signature whiskey on valentine's day..