1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best Beers of 2013

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BeerNDoggerel, Jan 3, 2013.

1. BeerNDoggerel

BeerNDoggerel Savant (340) Illinois Mar 13, 2011

Enough of the past. It's time to embrace the future!

So get out your crystal ball, peer deeply into the misty glass, and post what you see there. What will be the best beer(s) you consume in the next year, even if it doesn't exist yet?

My Best Beers of 2013:

Ballast Point Mako (Nationally distributing two of the most popular IPAs in the country isn't good enough, so they introduce a third, which instantly commands a cult following.)

Dogfish Head Stardust (Sam Calagione returns from traveling to every planet in the solar system, including Pluto, to which he is doggedly loyal. Makes beer containing at least one mineral collected from each planet. National media go wild.)

Lagunitas Blows (The beer made to replace the beer they made to replace the beer they couldn't make. Seems they will have production scheduling issues and will have to make this beer instead. And then it will turn out to be more popular than the beer it replaces. The only issue is whether the label will be approved.)

2. The beer of 2013 was Stone Hextuple Bastard. Who knew Double Bastard aged in PVW23 barrels and ice distilled twice would be such a legendary offering? I was really amazed how bourbony and rare it tasted - and hextuply amazed that I was able to find one of the only 2 bottles sent to MD.

"No, seriously, this time you're really, really, 100% ferrealz not worthy!" indeed, label.