Best bottle shop in Miami Beach

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by kif, Apr 11, 2012.

1. kif

kif Savant (250) Illinois Jan 4, 2012

Hey Guys-
    Ill be in Miami Beach this weekend for a bachelor party. I was hoping there would be something close by with a decent selection where I could atleast grab a few CCB bombers to take home with me. Any suggestions?

Also, what time can you start buying beer on Sundays? I have a 1pm flight back and it would be most convenient to go before I head to the airport.

Thanks!

2. MikeMoriendi

MikeMoriendi Savant (305) Florida Jun 13, 2008 Verified

Most of the bottle shops I know of are in South or North Miami and not really near the beach. There is a Total Wine in North Miami which will probably be your biggest selection. Then there is Sunset Corner and Stop N Shop in South Miami.

I've never been well versed in the alcohol law on Sundays. I thought it couldn't be before noon but I've seen plenty of stores that do it, mostly the big boys like Total Wine or grocery stores.

3. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

The Whole Foods in Miami Beach had an ok selection of CCB when I was there last fall (Maduro Brown, Jai Alai 6 pks, a couple 750s... froget which ones). Based on a quick Googling, it looks like Miami-Dade County liquor stores can operate 24x7. I assume WF will sell you beer whenever they are open, but you should check around more. Give them a call and ask!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_alcohol_laws_of_the_United_States_by_state#section_1

4. HopGods

HopGods Disciple (50) Mar 20, 2012

You can buy before 1PM in South Beach. You may find yourseld drinking until the sun rises.

5. kif

kif Savant (250) Illinois Jan 4, 2012

Thanks for the info guys! Ill definitely be making a trip to one of those.

6. HopGods

HopGods Disciple (50) Mar 20, 2012

Also, check out the Abbey microbrew pub which is in the heart of South Beach. If you want a good happy hour beer joint that is cost-effective in South Beach, hit up Zeke's on Lincoln.

7. The stop and shop by UM is awesome.