1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best bottle shop in Vegas?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by starkmarvelo, Sep 24, 2012.

1. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Savant (490) Texas Jan 20, 2010

What's the best place to pick up bottles in Vegas. Last time I was home, I went to Lee's and Whole Foods on Tenaya and Lake Mead, but their selection wasn't really all that exciting. Any other spots?
  2. dckepley

dckepley Savant (310) Iowa Aug 13, 2006

Haven't lived there for a few years, but I always liked the Lee's on Sunset the most, followed by the Lee's on West Flamingo. There's a place on South Eastern as well, but the name escapes me.
  3. Destral

Destral Savant (330) Nevada Oct 20, 2009

Khoury's Fine Wine and Spirits is the place locals support the most (and I think the place dckepley is thinking of). They have 11 draft handles and you can crack anything open in the store too. Its not a big chain so they cant compete on pure volume, but they make up for it in quality and much better service.

These days the 2 Total Wine's have probably surpassed Lee's, though recently Lee's is making a comeback.
    VegasHopHead likes this.
  4. What Destral said. Khoury's is the place to go. If you are looking for a place close to the strip the whole foods in town square is actually really good. You just need to talk to Chris in Liquor because he keeps a lot of the good stuff in the back and puts bottle limits on it. I know he has the JP version of Sobrehemanu (sp) which was very good.
  5. Oh yea, and Total Wine is for sure a better spot than Lee's.... but neither are that great anymore.
  6. starkmarvelo

I called Total Wine in Summerlin, and a guy named James helped me out by putting two bottles of La Roja behind the counter for me. I told him that I was calling from Texas, and he took care of me anyway.
  7. Thats good. Yea, the TW in Boca(the one you speak of) is the better spot of the two. They are cool about holding stuff for people.
  8. Destral

Destral Savant (330) Nevada Oct 20, 2009

I haven't had any issues with the Henderson one, at least when talking with their beer person Melissa.
  9. I really have had any issues there either, I feel like I have had better luck at the boca one tho :)
  10. starkmarvelo

Well, Henderson is a bit out of the way for the person who does the pick up. Summerlin is a lot closer. I really thought he was gonna tell me that he couldn't hold the bottles. Plus, I can browse their inventory online.