1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best Bottle Shop Near FedEx Field

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Hanzo, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

Going up to see the Redskins play the Falcons sunday, after the game I'd like to hit a good bottle shop. Our hotel is a mile from the stadium, I'd like something within a twenty minute drive. (Ideally this place would not only be open on Sunday but it would be open till at least 8pm)

Thanks!

2. cj8311

cj8311 Savant (335) Maryland Nov 12, 2008

Village Pump in College Park (technically Greenbelt) is almost certainly your best bet. 20 minutes away, seedy vibe, but very good selection of sixers and large format bottles.

3. I'll be at the tailgate for the game with at least a couple nice beers if you feel inclined to share beers.

4. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

Do I have a good chance of finding stuff that finds its way there through loopholes in distribution? I see in a couple of the reviews they mention Russian River stuff.

Unfortunately I'm not going to get there in enough time to do anything like that, but that would have been awesome.

5. No worries. If plans change give me a shout. I'll be bring some BA beers that I would need help consuming.

6. cj8311

cj8311 Savant (335) Maryland Nov 12, 2008

No. That happens in DC not Maryland. Maryland is strict. That said, they probably still have Brux, which is sort of RR.

7. shahn

shahn Aficionado (140) Maryland Jan 13, 2010

Staples Corner Liquors: 1334 Defense Hwy
    Gambrills‎, MD - Great craft & Belgian selection: Dogfishhead, Heavy Seas, Flying Dog, Ommegong, etc.
    Ask Jack for suggestions; great small-store local feel.

Corridor Wine & Spirits
    3321 Corridor Marketplace
    Laurel Corridor
    Laurel, MD 20724
    Phone: 301-617-8507
    2500 different beers - supermarket feel