1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best Breakfast Beers

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by wesbray, Feb 1, 2013.

1. conversation begins and ends with Founder's Breakfast Stout

craigo19 likes this.
  2. swellcat

swellcat Aficionado (100) Texas Mar 24, 2011

Those and similar—wheat beer with your wheat toast—paired with a fried egg sandwich spread with ripe avocado seasoned with salt, pepper, and hot chile.

3. garuda

garuda Savant (460) Pennsylvania Jan 18, 2010

Just had Bourbon Maple Victory at Sea last night.. that would be great for breakfast. Wake n Bake would work too.

4. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

I don't eat and drink at the same time almost as a rule, but ive certainly drank soem morning stouts ona few occasions
    I think big thick malty sippers are the way to go.
    I can't imagine drinking a spicy or citrusy or high carbed beer early in the day would be fun. Unless you're on a bender....

5. From personal experience...Stone's Smoked Porter goes AMAZINGLY well with pancakes, real maple syrup, and hand-made sausages!

tectactoe likes this.
  6. MeadGuyfromMD

MeadGuyfromMD Savant (260) Maryland May 23, 2007

Funky Buddha - Wake up it's morning
    Evolution - Morning Wood
    Bells' - Java Stout
    Southern Tier - Chokolat
    Shorts - Uber Goober

Cheers

7. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Of course i just realized that imy above post is insane because i used to drink lambic for breakfast when people came to stay over....man.... im getting old

8. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

FBS, WnB, 3beans, Troegs Java Head stout, Kona Pipeline Porter.

I had 3beans this morning at 5am at wing bowl in philly while everyone else was drinking coores light. It was delicious, woke me up, and I was much happier and didn't have to hit the porto pots every five minutes like my friends did.

9. craigo19

craigo19 Savant (270) Michigan Oct 12, 2009

Founders Breakfast Stout, Dark Horse Perkulator or One Oatmeal Stout and last but not least Bell's Java Stout.

10. RKP1967

RKP1967 Aficionado (205) Virginia Sep 26, 2010

I would suggest not drinking at breakfast. It's probably a sign you may have a problem. And always best to keep your problems hidden.

11. IMHO, its because beer enthusiasts tend not to like fruit beers, or flavored beer to include chocolate, coffee and such... but say the word breakfast, and they're sold...

That being said FBS is awesome .... as is Lefty's (a small local New England brew co )

12. This

TheBeerShop likes this.