1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best Brewers in the World 2012

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Chugs13, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Chugs13

Chugs13 Savant (430) New Jersey Dec 11, 2011

Saw somebody post this on Twitter today...

http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/bestbrewers_012012.asp

Now I know we can all go on about how #x should be ranked higher then #y, and how my local x brewery is better then the represented y brewery, and how x under the radar brewery got shafted and deserves more love. Im not one to sweat the small stuff, and I think this list is pretty well represented with most the usual suspects.

BUT, does anyone else think that it is absolutely CRIMINAL that Sierra Nevada Brewing Company is not represented on this list AT ALL?! Especially after being ranked 55 last year. I mean C'mon Man!
  2. What's this, amateur hour? Ratebeer links on BA? Booooo
    SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  3. Imo on any list of top brewerys Sierra Nevada has to be in the top 5.
  4. mixed_master7

mixed_master7 Initiate (0) Florida May 16, 2012

I very rarely trust anything on ratebeer especially a majority of their beer ratings..always seem to be a bit high to me. I'm diggin' CCB at #5 though.
  5. jdklks

jdklks Savant (375) Nevada Aug 9, 2007

Posting a link to the other site on BA is almost as mistaken as that list, but not quite.
  6. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

I think its cute how Cantillon and Midnight Sun and Weyerbacher and Allagash and De Struise and Hair of The Dog and Mikkeller and Fantome are ranked below Stone.....

Okay enough pot stirring....it's just a list....