1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best Canned Beer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Alextricity, Jan 25, 2013.

1. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (870) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Because some places you can take cans where glassware isn't allowed.

DaKur likes this.
  2. jar66su

jar66su Aficionado (150) Virginia Dec 31, 2010

as soon as DC Brau On the Wings of Armageddon is released nothing will come close

3. djaeon

djaeon Champion (755) California Oct 2, 2006

I haven't had a lot of cans, but by favorites are Ten Fidy and CoCoNut Porter.

4. Lots of mentions of Sixpoint here. It's making me excited for my approaching delivery from Halftime Beverage.

They didn't have any 3Bean, but I was able to grab a Resin, a Bengali Tiger and a Righteous Ale (along with several 21st Amendment brews that I have been trying to get my hands on for months).

I will likely be updating my thoughts on the best canned craft beer after a lengthy tasting session. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

5. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Savant (410) Minnesota Apr 23, 2007

Surly
    Tallgrass
    21st Amendment

LambicPentameter likes this.
  6. abkayak

abkayak Savant (390) New York Jan 8, 2013

nothings like a can of Fosters.....3bean didnt impress me so much
    ten fidy & Deviant Dales..do impress

7. LostTraveler

LostTraveler Savant (375) Maine Oct 28, 2011

Resin, Ten Fidy, Heady, Monk's Blood

8. Aside from heady topper I like Baxter IPA

LostTraveler likes this.
  9. 21st Amendment Back in Black or Dale's in the new tall boy cans are my favorites

10. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (380) New York Jul 16, 2011

I <3 3 beans

11. [​IMG]

Do I get 2 votes?

12. Caldera IPA

Spikester likes this.
  13. smo

smo Aficionado (185) New Jersey Apr 11, 2012

This is gonna be what everyone else has said, but Heady Topper. Daisy Cutter is also awesome.

14. Lienekugles snowdrift vanilla porter, very good in cans.

15. DaKur

DaKur Savant (400) Rhode Island Nov 15, 2012

If you want to hear something new, Foolproof. They are new in RI. They have an American Golden Ale, an IPA, and a Porter. Cans only!

16. I'm surprised everyone says Heady Topper. It's good but not as good as Abrasive. Abrasive is the best IIPA in the country - no contest.

lonewolfcry likes this.
  17. Daisy Cutter
    Heady
    Surly Beers (most)
    Resin
    Ten Fidy

18. In the style of DIPA...Cosign!

Stout...Ten Fidy.

19. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Advocate (675) Ohio Nov 11, 2011

Heady....there is no conversation to be had on this subject. The answer...the only answer...is Heady :D

20. WickedSluggy

WickedSluggy Savant (435) Texas Nov 21, 2008

And I mentioned that consideration, knowing that it isn't the reason why the "can" topic is being discussed. The general question (and thread) is pretty useless for someone's specific "no-bottle" situations. i.e. No one's flying to Vermont to buy Heady Topper to take to the beach in S. Carolina. And Ten Fidy might not be the best suggestion either.

21. LostTraveler

LostTraveler Savant (375) Maine Oct 28, 2011

I almost always send this out as an extra and always have some in my fridge.

smo likes this.
  22. Surya

Surya Initiate (20) New Jersey Sep 13, 2012

From the one's that i've had.... Heady nd Six point Resin are my fav.

23. well you might be able to get hopslayer, that's my favourite alogn with brew free or die from 21st amendment, granted ive never had heady topper or any of the surly ipas

24. king75

king75 Savant (420) Michigan Jul 27, 2010

There are a few breweries in Michigan that can there beer including Brewery Vivant, Arcadia, Rochester Mills Brewery, and Keweenaw Brewing Company.

25. EWR2STL

EWR2STL Disciple (70) Missouri Feb 4, 2013

ska brewing has great canned beers. I've got their Vinifera Stout in my fridge now and I think it's great...

26. You can never go wrong with Heady. Another IPA I enjoyed was 21st Brew Free or Die Hard, surprised me. Love most things Oscar Blues puts out as well

27. Because Schlitz beats them both?

28. Yep. Picked some up while I was in FL. Very very good IPA.

29. smo

smo Aficionado (185) New Jersey Apr 11, 2012

Good call on the resin, forgot all about it and I am local to sixpoint - mmmm fresh resin!

30. Yeah, because your comment is completely consistent with its BA score. Do some research.

31. It's BA score is 90............and that's abt 10 points too high. I think reg dale's is better than deviant. All I was saying is that id rather have someone spit heady in my mouth than drink either oskar blues........

32. Try them back to back, knucklenuts.

33. Neorebel

Neorebel Savant (375) New Jersey Jun 29, 2005

Obviously Heady Topper, duh. Runner Up: Ten Fidy.

34. briapete

briapete Zealot (85) Minnesota Apr 7, 2007

All of the Surly year round beers are canned and very solid beers.

35. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Savant (445) Minnesota Jan 23, 2013

Even as a Minnesota resident I have to say Heady Topper is #1. Surly, I hope we can still be friends...

36. Im a minnesota resident as well and i have to agree that heady is just awesome. all the surly stuff is great, but heady is just that far ahead. jai alai that i got in recent trades was tasty as well as ghadi bot. wish i had better access to those brews

37. goalie33

goalie33 Savant (340) New York Dec 3, 2009

Heady Topper and Ten Fidy are the two best canned beers i've had

38. I did- and for me, it wasn' t even close! I did it twice - with 2 different batches of HT. Heaven forbid if someone doesn't agree with your opinion. Have another Heady (still an excelent choice) and relax a little instead of throwing names around. Have a nice day....

39. Knucklenuts is a term of endearment. :)