best canned craft beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by AlphaKing414, Jul 20, 2012.

1. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (525) Texas Nov 27, 2011

This. Buried Hatchet is one of my favorite little-knowns. Also can't go wrong with Hops & Grain Alt either

2. acevenom

acevenom Advocate (545) Louisiana Oct 7, 2011

I would have to say Ten FIDY. GUBNA Imperial IPA is pretty solid as well.

3. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Came here to say ten fidy, but I'll go a step more and say Deviant Dales. I would take DD over PtE...
    Let the flaming begin.

And as a post script how about somw modus hoperandi love?

4. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

Canned craft is becoming common enough that this question is starting to become a bit obsolete.

Give me Heady, Abrasive, Gandhi, Coffee Bender, Daisy Cutter, Ten Fidy and I am happy. There are probably another couple dozen I should have also mentioned.

5. elNopalero

elNopalero Advocate (675) Texas Oct 14, 2009

From Texas I'll sing the praises of Hop & Grains Alt... It's my favorite expression of the style, and available in a can--even better!

6. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

All of the canned beers from Snake River, Wyoming Pale Ale from Wind River. Keeping in the theme of "local" favourites.

tronester likes this.
  7. champ103

champ103 Champion (870) Texas Sep 3, 2007

Have not tried Hops & Grain yet. I have heard lots of good things, hopefully they make an appearance in Houston.

8. elNopalero

elNopalero Advocate (675) Texas Oct 14, 2009

So far I've only seen 'em in Austin. I'd love it if they expanded. Glad to see that Real Ale is adding to the can line up too.

champ103 likes this.
  9. denver10

denver10 Champion (900) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

I am a sucker for Oskar Blues's Dales Pale Ale but lately find myself drawn to Santa Fe's Imperial Java Stout.

10. I am done with DD. if you like onion and spices in your ipa's DD is for you, no thanks.

11. LambicKing

LambicKing Advocate (655) Florida Apr 13, 2011

Yep, this couldn't be more true. What a consistent let-down.

12. Durb777

Durb777 Savant (425) Illinois Nov 30, 2011

Couldn't agree more. I love that stuff.

13. High on my favorites list, although not ahead of HT and Gandi Bot, would be The Corruption IPA from DC Brau. Unfortunately, hard to find this one outside of DC.

14. mtlasley

mtlasley Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 27, 2012

May not be the best but Modus Hoperandi is definitely in my top 3 canned beers.

15. nicnut45

nicnut45 Savant (290) Illinois Jan 6, 2007

Six point's "The Crisp" is the best pilsner I've ever had. Ska's "Modus Hoperandi" is hard to beat. Truly an underated beer.

Bitterbill likes this.
  16. mtlasley

Broke open my first six pack of Hoperandi tonight and I can't understand why there aren't more out there singing it's praises. Really great "hop forward" IPA.

17. nicnut45

Most likely because its widely available. A beer isnt good on BA unless you have to chase trucks, stand in line all day at a brewery release, or drop kick a nun to get your hands on some.

18. Bitterbill

Oh hell yes, The Crisp is outstanding!

nicnut45 likes this.
  19. mtlasley

Or it's super widely available. Another canned IPA that tastes similar to Modus, Torpedo, gets a ton of love around here.

20. Gandhi Bot wins for me

21. nicnut45

Torpedo is pretty good as well. To tell you the truth, I dont think I have had a canned IPA that hasnt been very good overall. I've been wanting to try Averys canned IPA. I see it all over the place but there is just so many beers to choose from!

22. that or Abrasive

Gamblor14 and Bitterbill like this.
  23. Bitterbill

2 outstanding Surly brews but if I had a choice of having 1 Surly brew in my market, it would be Surly Bitter Brewer; 4.0%abv baby!

StarRaptor likes this.
  24. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

I'm in the Apollo corner pretty hard right now.

25. Anything by Surly and Dale's, Sixpoint Resin, Brooklyn EIPA, and of course... Heady Topper!

26. Heady wins for me, but Gubna and Resin are fantastic, too. Here's one that hasn't been thrown out: Baxter Brewing's Stowaway IPA. That beer fresh (out of the can, of course) may be my favorite IPA (not DIPA).

27. The Crisp is a wonderful summer brew, absolutely love it.

I can't say it's the best canned brew though, because I have had Gandhi bot and Gandhi bot is something special.

28. In this order, Heady Topper, G'Knight, Deviant Dale's, SN Torpedo, SN Pale, and Dale's Pale.

29. Genessee Cream Ale

30. Gotta go with furious

31. Ahh I can't believe I forgot that one. Such an awesome brew, so glad they decided to make it a regular beer, always got a few in my fridge.

32. BoRaeCho

BoRaeCho Savant (260) California Nov 25, 2010

SN Torpedo
    Oskar Blues Deviant Dales
    Avery Joes Pils and Ellie Brown Ale
    Nuff said

33. On my second sixer of this. "Tart" beer in a can. More please.

34. djaeon

djaeon Champion (755) California Oct 2, 2006

Some of my favorites are Ten Fidy & Coconut Porter

35. 1. Heady Topper
    2. Abrasive
    3. Daisy Cutter
    4. Ten Fidy
    5. Ghandi Bot

36. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Alabama Jan 13, 2011

I have to say Heady as well...Ive only had it a couple of times... if I had never tried it I would say Good People Snake Handler is the bet IIPA/IPA in a can..

37. alexipa

alexipa Savant (420) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

What?? I'm not a big fan of DD (I prefer Dale's), but onion and spices? Either you had one messed up can or you have some messed up taste buds.

Anyway, I'd say G'knight is the best canned beer.

38. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (550) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

Most have been listed, only brewery not mentioned which cans some pretty good beers would be Sun King.

39. Nope to both. That is exactly what every can (10 or so) of DD tastes like. No citrus and not even a lot of pine hoppiness going on in this beer. Keep it.