1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best coffee beer you've had lately

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by inchrisin, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Ballast Point Victory at Sea and Big Bad Baptist.

2. Meantime - Coffee Porter
    Peak Organic - Espresso Amber
    Peak Organic - Mocha Stout
    Big Boss - Aces and Eights
    Harpoon - 100 bbl Srs. Coffee

3. JLG193

JLG193 Savant (260) Michigan Sep 14, 2010

Besides FBS....Right Brain CEO Stout and Shorts Cup o' Joe Stout.

curtind1 likes this.
  4. jcreegan

jcreegan Aficionado (230) Florida Aug 12, 2010

Two brothers red eye and 2012 BCBCS

curtind1 likes this.
  5. jorrx003

jorrx003 Savant (250) Florida Apr 8, 2010

My two most recent coffee beers are Pisgah Valdez and Cream and Sugar Please from Peg's. I enjoyed both immensely

6. [​IMG]
    Really enjoying this at the moment
    and of course BCBCS

curtind1 and denver10 like this.
  7. Wolavers.

8. My wife, a band director, asked me to construct a coffee beer tasting next month after her concert festival, which is a very stressful day for her. Hell, she doesn't really like beer at all, but for some reason, she really digs the coffee beer thing. Being the good hubby that I am, I gathered some nuggets to enjoy. I have multiples of many of these in case some of her band director peeps decide to join us (and evidence so far points to the fact that they will). The more, the merrier!

Sure, I know Speedway isn't commonly identified as a coffee brew, but since my wife is not a beer lover to begin with, I thought I would include it since it's a great beer that I think she will like.

She has already taken the following day off of work.....

[​IMG]

wolfeman007 likes this.
  9. Yes, this too - Alta Gracia Coffee Porter

10. ScottieD

ScottieD Savant (430) Connecticut Jul 30, 2011

Recently had NEBCO's Ghost Pigeon Porter on draft at the brewery. Had a rather delicious coffee flavor to it. Agree with above posters on FBS as well.

11. Another nod for Big Bad Baptist and Short's Cup A Joe. Right Brain CEO Stout is pretty good too.

12. JKIRBY

JKIRBY Aficionado (225) Wisconsin Apr 4, 2010

Tyranena The Devil Made Me Do It
    New Glarus Coffee Stout
    Alesmith Speedway Stout
    Bell's Java Stout
    Founders Breakfast Stout
    Terrapin Wake n Bake
    Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout

curtind1 likes this.
  13. 19etz55

19etz55 Savant (345) New Jersey Aug 12, 2007

Harpoon 100 Barrel Series El Triunfo Coffee Porter. It's tremendous!!! Schlafly Coffee Stout and Southern Tier Choklat Imperial Stout are also very good!

14. Lately, FBS and Twilight of the Idols (as I write this actually). Both are really nice, but the 2010 BCBCS that I had in the summer was phenominal.

curtind1 likes this.
  15. I was gonna search it all but damn that's too many pages. I'll go with Cafe Royal and Highland Thunderstruck Coffee Porter.

16. They just did a Limited Release not too long ago.

curtind1 likes this.
  17. flying dog kujo

ESeab likes this.
  18. Bourbon county stout, Berkshire brewing, Long trail imperial stout, and Kona pipeline porter.

19. vacax

vacax Advocate (630) California Jun 3, 2008

Beachwood Tovarish. New batch with Portola coffee absolutely dominates coffee stouts.

20. A lot of the beers I saw mentioned were chocolate oatmeal or bourbon coffee stouts. Great. But my fav straight up coffee beer is Bell's java stout.

21. wiscokid920

wiscokid920 Savant (445) Maryland Apr 27, 2011

Hell ya to the Pearl Street shout out. Went to school at UW-LAX and frequented Pearl Street OFTEN!

22. Have you had the Jahva Lava? If not, it is tap only, but it is unreal if you a beer with flavor of basically coffee but the mouthfeel of a good thick stout. I could drink it all the time if they would bottle it!

23. wiscokid920

wiscokid920 Savant (445) Maryland Apr 27, 2011

I have had it many times! Your description hits it right on the head. It's a tasty brew! They have deals where if you ride your bike in on wed night your first pint is free, and that's anything they have on tap. Same deal for when you bring in a receipt of buying a six pack. Bring back 10 empty 6 pack cases and they'll fill your growler! Needless to say I have had it often! Their Dankenstein IIPA is also fantastic on tap, but no so much bottled. Jahva Lava and the Dank are my go-tos when they are on tap!

24. godlessape

godlessape Savant (300) Georgia Dec 12, 2010

Just drank my first glass of Founders Breakfast Stout--Sweet barking Moses is this stuff good.

TATURBO likes this.
  25. stoney1031

stoney1031 Aficionado (215) Texas Dec 2, 2012

I just had Espresso Oak Aged Yeti and i must say it was rather delicious.

curtind1 likes this.
  26. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (770) Florida Oct 24, 2010

Empire Brewing Company's Local Grind was a surprisingly really, really good beer—it's a 7ish% brown ale brewed with locally roasted coffee, if I'm not mistaken. Not sure that it's been reviewed and added to the site, though.

And you'd have to come to Syracuse to get some.

27. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

Wake n Bake, Founders Breakfast Stout and Ballast Point Victory at Sea

mecmd likes this.
  28. I just had some of the Dark Horse Perkulator Diopplebock tonight and I'd forgotten how good that beer is. Loved it!

29. Me to, we get Dark Horse here but our distributor for whatever reason is very selective of what we get.... I just happened to grab it on my way through a city an hour away on my way to an appointment. I wish more breweries would see how coffee goes with non stout/porter beers because something about that beer was just great to me!

30. jppaj

jppaj Aspirant (45) North Carolina Jan 19, 2013

Highland Brewing Thunderstruck Coffee Porter

31. kbuzz

kbuzz Advocate (590) Pennsylvania Jan 22, 2011

easily wake n bake...not had anything close in a good long while.

32. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

absolutley underated, I love it!

33. ledzeppelin4

ledzeppelin4 Savant (365) Illinois May 18, 2011

Tyranena The Devil Made Me Do It.

34. Short's Cup of Joe

Mothergoose03 likes this.
  35. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (710) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

I must look for them then. Thanks!

36. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Drank a growler of BCBCS tonight. The end.

37. Goliat is delicious!

38. Agree with FBS & Wake n Bake

39. Big Bad Baptist rocks!