1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best days to visit various breweries/bars in Belgium

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by xxporcupinextreexx, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Hi folks,

I'm not really sure if there are certain better days to visit an area, as opposed to days when something might be closed. For example, I just learnt that De Struise only does visits on Saturdays from 2-6pm, which was very good to know. That will help me plan my schedule. Do you have any advice on open/closed/best days to visit breweries?

Here are some that I'm planning on visiting throughout Belgium, so please let me know if they're closed on certain days, or have special events on some days etc. Thanks!

Koningshoeven
    Achel
    Cantillon
    3F
    Westvleteren
    St Bernardus
    De Struise

Bars and other attractions:
    Kulminator
    Moeder Lambic
    Mort Subite
    Hop museum in Poperinge
    Hopduvel
    Trappistenhuis
    Trollekelder

2. SStein

SStein Savant (390) Belgium Dec 26, 2012

Cantillon is open Mon-Sat roughly 9-5 I believe. I usually try to go during the week as it is less crowded during those times. If you are a fan of their beers plan on spending a few hours there sitting and enjoying the beers. Especially since they have beers to drink there that they won't sell for take away.
    3F is open Fri and Sat for the most part. Swing by the restruant during lunch it is great and the shop is just around the corner.
    Westvleteren is closed Fri and Sun. Sat is a good day to go, as you can start out there and De Struise is just about 10 minutes down the road.

3. riko

riko Savant (280) California Jan 18, 2008

In de Verzekering tegen de Grote Dorst is only open on Sundays, from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Some friends and I were just in Belgium for 10 days, and that place was definitely a highlight. Highly recommended.

4. Buy Tim Webb's book, The good beer guide to Belgium, it lists the hours and days that places are open and if they are open to the public or not. It is the bible of touring Belgium.