1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best everyday drinking beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DEdesings57, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Zombie Dust!

denver10 likes this.
  2. cleeze

cleeze Savant (290) Maine Nov 24, 2008

That's a damn good question. Some of mine go as follow:

• Osker Blues - Dale Pale Ale
    • Baxter Brewing Stowaway IPA
    • SixPoint- SweetAction
    just to name a few

brewlover517 and T-RO like this.
  3. Revenant

Revenant Savant (350) Minnesota Aug 8, 2012

Surly Bitter Brewer

4. ScottK22

ScottK22 Savant (380) New York Dec 30, 2010

When I think of everyday beer I imediately think of Sierra Nevada.
    Pale Ale, Torpedo, Kellerweis, Summerfest, Tumbler, Celebration........... You can not go wrong.
    Great beer at a great price and easy to get your hands on.

highdesertdrinker and Mojo like this.
  5. Founder's Centennial
    Lost Abbey Deliverance
    Stone's Oaked Arrogant Bastard
    Goose Island Pepe Nero
    Jack's Abbey Hoponius Union

brewlover517 likes this.
  6. I usually have Widmer Drifter hanging around as a regular drinker. In the summer it changes to lagers like SN Summer, St.Pauli Girl, or Pilsner Urquell

seakayak likes this.
  7. lucasj82

lucasj82 Advocate (700) Indiana Aug 13, 2009

For me its usually a rotation of....

SN Pale Ale
    Founders Two Hearted
    NB 1554
    Abita's Turbodog
    NB Fat Tire

brewlover517 likes this.
  8. alucard6679

alucard6679 Savant (260) Arizona Jul 29, 2012

For local beer here in arizona i'd go with devil's ale or hopshock by santan. Otherwise I'd go with sn torpedo or dfh 60 min. Usually when I'm going to drink one after the other I lean towards ipa's, but that's just me.

highdesertdrinker likes this.
  9. TychoNDC

TychoNDC Savant (370) New York Jan 7, 2013

Bear Republic Racer 5. It may be toeing the line of ABV that the OP intended at 7%, but for me its my favorite easy drinking IPA at the moment.

10. HeyJim

HeyJim Savant (395) Pennsylvania Sep 22, 2012

Victory Prima Pils is easily my "every day"/"session" beer. 5.3% isn't too bad, the taste is great but not overpowering. Even some of my BMC buddies can stomach it.

Why people are saying anything over 7% is beyond me. Ten Fidy? Seriously? Either you don't understand/didn't read the thread or you're trolling.

sajaffe1 likes this.
  11. Cotchept

Cotchept Aficionado (150) Colorado Jan 14, 2013

Revolution Anti-Hero IPA is my daily drinker.

JimSmetana and MCain04 like this.
  12. MCain04

MCain04 Savant (390) Texas Jan 3, 2013

Two Hearted. Sucks. FIS. All-day IPA. Zombie Dust.

Not saying they're all easily available, but I would buy 2 cases of each and have no trouble finishing them.

brewlover517 likes this.
  13. Correction. Just as you're starting to enjoy one that matches the current season, the next seasonal comes out. All are good beers, but Celebration barely lasts past Christmas.

Also, Smuttynose IPA and SN Torpedo are my beer staples.

brewlover517 and FrankLloydMike like this.
  14. DanE

DanE Savant (420) Connecticut Feb 24, 2012

I came to say NEBCO Sea Hag.

15. Absolut

Absolut Savant (430) California Sep 19, 2011

sculpin

16. Just sticking with lagers, Session Lager and Hansa Dortmunder. Though these aren't ones you find everywhere, they have a straightforward easygoing quality. And one with an even lower rating here: Shiner Bock. Good simple stuff.

In the ale department, I was mighty impressed with Brooklyn Pennant. Does the English style proud. Right now having a Red Tail Ale - that's good too.

17. Past couple of days I've been drinking SA Double Agent IPL.

brewlover517 likes this.
  18. Michigan

Michigan Initiate (0) Michigan Oct 24, 2012

One more vote for Two Hearted. And I love the idea that I can get it at most bars and eateries around here.

Or Root Beer....

brewlover517 likes this.
  19. You guys are killin' me! Three hour drive to get 2 hearted, Same place had Hopslam for a couple of hours. Can't get Zombie Dust or Sucks and haven't had one yet. DAMN it sucks to live in the land of no beer. I can get Sam Adams and SN but that gets old. Boo f'n hoo.

20. BradStokley

BradStokley Savant (350) Maryland Jan 19, 2013

Prima Pils for me.

seakayak likes this.
  21. Anchor Steam.

22. T-RO

T-RO Savant (320) New Hampshire Nov 9, 2012

Dales pale ale

denver10 likes this.
  23. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Advocate (540) Illinois Jan 14, 2013

Gumballhead would be the beer I go for when I just want a straight forward beer and don't feel like tasting something new. I don't buy it often, but in the same category would be Joe's Pilsner from Avery. As my friends have described it, it's beer flavored beer but just better than BMC.

24. I can't complain with the log sitting in my kegerator right now. Smuttynose Finestkind IPA. Drinkable and refreshing.

seakayak likes this.
  25. Prima Pils my hand always goes to this when I'm undecided.

26. A SN sixer.

27. [​IMG]

seakayak likes this.
  28. Tucquan

Tucquan Advocate (575) Pennsylvania Oct 11, 2007

Victory Prima Pils
    21A Bitter American

seakayak likes this.
  29. SNTorpedo

30. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Savant (260) Illinois Apr 4, 2007

Sam Adams Noble Pils

31. I'm surprised at some of the choices in this thread for Everyday Drinking Beer. Many of them are sipping beers rather than drinking beers and if you drink beers of such ABV on a regular basis I wouldn't want your livers!
    I would regard anything much over 5% as being over strength to be regarded as everyday drinking beer, never forgetting that beer owes its existence to being a safe alternative to water ie to be drunk in some volume.Stronger beers are special occasion brews in my book.

herrburgess likes this.
  32. vertigelt1

vertigelt1 Initiate (0) Texas Nov 11, 2009

Drakes 1500, Lagunitas Little Somethin Somethin, Red Seal, Allagash White, Hennepin, Ellie's Brown, Moosedrool, Levitation.

Firestone Walker has a great lineup of everyday beers: DBA, Pale 31, Velvet Merlin.

33. mnguyen281

mnguyen281 Initiate (0) Texas Apr 9, 2009

34. mnguyen281

mnguyen281 Initiate (0) Texas Apr 9, 2009

And seriously, not trolling, sometimes an ice cold miller lite just hits the spot. You'd be surprised how good and refreshing it is after not having it for a while. When catching a game in person or on tv, this is the way to go. Coors light is ok. Will not drink bud light unless i have no choice.

[​IMG]

sunkistxsudafed likes this.
  35. SNPA, goose 312, stone levitation, paulener hefe, boston lager, left hand sawtooth.

36. Medalla. I'm dead serious. Drink a hundred, nothing will happen. It's more crisp than water and gives you a subtle buzz. It's so crisp it's ridiculous.

37. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (495) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

Victory Prima Pils. Delicious and pairs extremely well with many foods, including pizza.

Generic IPA, I stick local for these. Port City when I'm in Alexandria, Yards when I'm in Philly. Crisp, refreshing, and not too hoppy.

38. Hoponius Union!

HuskyHawk likes this.
  39. Depends. Is money the deciding factor? Or are we just talking about something simple that is easy to drink, as opposed to something really robust (like a super-hoppy IPA or a dark bold Baltic Porter like Old Rasputin).

If money isn't much of a problem, I'd go with Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout or Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (the latter being ridiculously expensive). Very very smooth, but flavorful. I might also go with Allagash Black. Smooth and delicious. Just crazy good.

Otherwise, I might have to go with Bar Harbor Cadillac Mountain Stout. Or maybe Longtrail Double Bag.