1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best everyday drinking beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DEdesings57, Jan 31, 2013.

1. I don't know about you guys, but I find Pizza Port swamis & session IPAs are perfect for everyday drinking, specially during these hot summers.

2. peteboiler

peteboiler Savant (265) Florida Dec 16, 2010

Off topic but I love the gunslinger profile pic. Huge King fan here.

Bob

FrankHammer likes this.
  3. sagesebas

sagesebas Aficionado (180) Oregon Jan 25, 2013

I went a long time without drinking lagers or pilsners, I kind of wrote them off. But these past few weeks I've been getting a six pack or 4 pack for the whole work week. First it was Pivo by Firestone and then 1811 lager by Fort George both excellent refreshing beers.

4. jayrutgers

jayrutgers Savant (310) New Jersey Oct 29, 2011

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    Sam Adams Noble Pils
    Sam Adams IPL
    Sam Adams Boston Lager
    Brooklyn EIPA
    Brooklyn Pennant Ale
    Victory Prima Pils
    Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale
    Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
    Stone IPA
    Stone Pale Ale
    Ommegang Hop House
    Dales Pale Ale
    Oskar Blue Mama's Yella Pils
    Sixpoint Crisp
    Sixpoint Bengali
    Carton Boat
    Flying Fish Farmhouse Summer Ale
    Kona Castaway IPA

5. sammyg832

sammyg832 Savant (435) Arizona Oct 17, 2013

My fave easy drinking beers are sours and New Glarus fruits. I could easily drink New Belgiums La Folie everyday for the rest of my life

6. sammyg832

sammyg832 Savant (435) Arizona Oct 17, 2013

Cheers to Red Chair. Love this beer!!!! :D

DWheeler379 and Redneckwine like this.
  7. lester619

lester619 Savant (375) Wisconsin Apr 17, 2009

There are at least two bottles of Moon Man in my fridge at all times.

8. Pilsner Urquell

keithmurray and seakayak like this.
  9. slusk

slusk Savant (320) Virginia Sep 28, 2009

I am a huge fan of English styles... so I keep Fullers London Pride and ESB on hand but if the English knew that I had a soft heart for Highland Brewing's Gaelic ale... they might draw and quarter me. ;)

10. fx20736

fx20736 Advocate (510) New York Mar 7, 2009

Fuller's London Pride used to be an every day beer for me but it has become too expensive, Honker's Ale is a much cheaper alternative.

slusk likes this.
  11. slusk

slusk Savant (320) Virginia Sep 28, 2009

Ah yes... Honker's is quite nice. Another worth checking into is Legend's Brown ale. Not sure if you can get it in NY though, but it's a keeper.

12. Pilsner Urquell. Warsteiner Premium Verum. Varying selection of Polish, or sometimes Romanian or Lithuanian lagers. Never really have a true go to anymore as it's more fun to change every time you go shopping. Sometimes have a session where the cheap swill was the favourite beer of the night!

keithmurray, TongoRad and seakayak like this.
  13. Yuengling black and tan or lager for me.

keithmurray likes this.
  14. maxhock

maxhock Savant (290) Massachusetts Dec 20, 2008

Jacks abbey - digging hoponious union lately.

15. If I throw in Urquell, that covers my year!

seakayak likes this.
  16. thammz

thammz Aficionado (105) Connecticut Jun 13, 2012

Good thing Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA is year round, easily my go to, or New England Brewing Co. Sea Hag IPA

brewlover517 likes this.
  17. Vukusich

Vukusich Advocate (650) Wisconsin Jul 4, 2013

Founders - Centennial or Surly - Furious or Both.

brewlover517 likes this.
  18. Tucquan

Tucquan Advocate (585) Pennsylvania Oct 11, 2007

21st Amendment Bitter American - 4.4%
    Pilsner Urquell - 4.4%
    Troegs Sunshine Pils - 4.5%

keithmurray and seakayak like this.
  19. StLeasy

StLeasy Advocate (500) Illinois Sep 8, 2013

Founders Red's Rye (Used to be available every day, at least :( ) Dirty Bastard and seasonals
    Stone Arrogant Bastard, Ruination, SSR and seasonals
    Sierra Nevada Torpedo and seasonals
    Ballast Point Big Eye, Sculpin, Calico
    Bell's Two Hearted and plenty of seasonals

There are so many others I didn't list that I enjoy just as much. If I had to pick one.. Red's Rye or Arrogant Bastard. Cheers

20. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Saint lupulin. Good god I wish it was year round.

DWheeler379 likes this.
  21. Drinking the shit out of the fort george/boneyard/block15 3way ipa

22. @keithmurray sorry for the thread drift. you don't seem to accept Messages & the thread this pertains to is closed/ no longer quotable. in case you were serious, i happened upon & grabbed another one of those glasses you joked about last week. lmk

23. Lagunitas IPA or Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale
    Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet
    Molson XXX (seriously, it's cheap and very drinkable when I want something without a hop kick)

24. Vogt52

Vogt52 Advocate (570) Maryland May 25, 2014

Sam Adams Boston Lager is easily accessible, affordable, delicious, and not too heavy

25. Huh? Sam Adams BL is the poster boy (IMO) for a easy drinking quality lager. Hoppy, biscuity, crisp, easy drinking. A great beer that is very much under appreciated as stated above.

Funny you bring this up. I was a HUGE Bling Pig fan, but have not had it in quite awhile. Recently during PBW I was lucky enough to have both a Fat Heads Head Hunter IPA and a RR Blind Pig on draft back to back. Granted, I did not know the age of either keg, but Head Hunter absolutely blew Blind Pig out of the water. It was super surprising to me.

If Head Hunter were available in my area regularly, it would be my everyday IPA no questions asked.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    keithmurray likes this.
  26. FoamInnovation

FoamInnovation Savant (255) Texas Nov 12, 2013

Uinta Hop Nosh
    Wells Bombardier

27. Tell me about it! When it came in six packs it was 10.99, now they have gone to a 4 pack format and I saw it in stores for 9.99 - it just doesn't compute.

28. Nelson brewing company wild honey ale

Great stuff!

[​IMG]

29. there isn't enough dirtwolf in this world for you and I

ncstateplaya likes this.
  30. JimKal

JimKal Savant (325) North Carolina Jul 31, 2011

When I was quite a bit younger I would try SABL and could not get into it as my AAL trained taste buds couldn't adjust to the hops. But now I'm into IPAs and SABL, in cans, is a frequent visitor to my fridge, especially in the summer. I can't say I have a real go to brew as I usually have a mix of beers. The heat has arrived in NC and various wheat beers and SABL are becoming a more frequent choice along with home brew. But, I always have at least one IPA around. Recently I've become a Two Hearted convert (cans only). I'll get it when I can't get Hop, Drop, and Roll (you have to be there when it's delivered or it's gone).

31. 1. Two Hearted
    2. 60 minute
    3. Troegs Pale Ale

brewlover517 likes this.
  32. In the summer my go to would have to be Hala Kahiki from Rivertowne. It is sex in a can.

33. FrankHammer

FrankHammer Savant (485) Michigan Jan 31, 2013

Thankee sai, long days and pleasant nights.

34. jimmyfishkin

jimmyfishkin Savant (260) Wisconsin Nov 17, 2008

[​IMG]

This!!!

SteveSexton203 likes this.
  35. Would definitely have to say my good to Ipa be my Everyday drinker- Sierra Nevada Torpedo Ale

36. Harnkus

Harnkus Savant (395) New York Oct 31, 2013

Blasphemy!

Someone above said Brooklyn Summer, and I would agree that has great everyday appeal. I would also add Two Brothers Domaine DuPage, Anchor Porter, Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold, Victory Festbier (if it were year round) and Aecht Schlenkerla Maerzen Rauchbier (if I could afford it I would buy it by truckload)

37. TexAg11

TexAg11 Initiate (20) Texas Jun 15, 2014

Lagunitas Lil sumpin or Sierra Nevada pale ale. 2 of my favorite easy drinking every day beers. If you ever venture to Texas I would suggest the Karbach Weekend Warrior, a pale ale perfect for a day at the pool.

seakayak likes this.
  38. I recently discoverd NoDa's Jam Session which I really like as a session ale. It's not nearly as hoppy as HDaR, but it's very well balanced.
    I agree with SammyG832 regarding La Folie. I could drink it every day.
    I had some "throwback" Schlitz that was suppose to be like the 70's version of it and it was pretty damn drinkable.

DWheeler379 and seakayak like this.
  39. Sam Adams Boston Lager
    Pliny the Elder