Best Firestone Walker Beers

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by wesbray, Jan 26, 2013.

1. RockAZ

RockAZ Savant (330) Arizona Jan 6, 2009

All of them are worth a taste, the only one that lets me down occasionally is the Pale 31 (must be a distribution/handling issue with the bottles). That Double Jack is really one of the best, but all of them are awesome on draft.

2. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (870) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Double Jack is amazing. Union Jack is awesome. Velvet Merlin was disappointing.

3. Double Jack is freakin' delicious! Hold a glass of it up to the sunlight and take in the golden rays; the last time I had one, my 9-year old told me my beer was shiny .

Pelican5 likes this.
  4. AttitudeBrew

AttitudeBrew Aficionado (120) Texas Aug 20, 2009

They have great beers. My favorite is parabola. Im really glad that they are coming to Texas also.

5. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

I've had bad luck with Double Jack, tried it 3 times and only one bottle IMO was really good, the others were a malty mess so they were probably old. But that one good bottle still gives me hope, it was outstanding. Sucuba and Parabola are both outstanding.

6. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (800) California Jan 31, 2005

While I love Parabola, Sucaba & Double jack I was recently surprised by Double DBA. It was soooo good. I think my expectations were lowered by hearing criticisms here on BA, but even so...a great drink.

7. sucaba and parabola

8. jrbuckt

jrbuckt Zealot (95) Illinois Sep 13, 2012

We get all the special high abv/gravity stuff in Chicago, but just recently started geting Pale 31, DBA and Velvet Merlin. All are great, but I can't stress enough how ridiculously good Parabola is on tap. I would hope they have it at the brewery. Its ridiculous.

9. I have only been able to try Union Jack, Double Jack and Wookey Jack. All three were great and considering I live in Oklahoma (worst Liquor laws ever) I'm just glad to have been able to try those three.

I have a trip planned for Santa Rosa in a few weeks. Hoping to grab some new stuff while out there.

10. Wookey Jack is one of the best Rye IPAs in existence, if not the best.

11. blguillen

blguillen Savant (300) California Apr 19, 2011

Love the all! 805 is great too! Pick pick up a 6 pack to take home with you!

12. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (330) Washington Nov 23, 2010

Parabola is the tits.......but if their sours are available in Buelton GO!! Run! Spend all day with everyone of their beers. SLOambic among others are awesome. If these hit bottles at normal FW prices it will be a game changer for me.

13. Double Jack, Union Jack, Wookie Jack, and Velvet Merlin all standouts in their styles. Parabalo, Sucaba, and the Anniversary Beers are just amazing! Great brewers.

14. hagbergl

hagbergl Savant (310) Maryland Aug 27, 2009

I love their Union Jack IPA–it's one of my favorites beers, and in my opinion is the best "regular" IPA that isn't super rare and can be bought in six-packs. After Union Jack, my favorites by Firestone are Wookey Jack and Double Jack. I also like their Velvet Merlin Oatmeal Stout, too. Very smooth–wish I could have it on nitro somewhere...

15. lsummers

lsummers Advocate (535) California Jun 21, 2010

sacuba, wookie jack and oaktoberfest are the great seasonal ones that I love. I think Oaktoberfest came out this year, I had it at alpines beer festival for the first time. For year round, I think their pale ale or double barrel ale.

16. jlenik

jlenik Savant (435) New Jersey Jan 22, 2009

Parabola
    Double DBA
    Porter

17. had velvet merlin and double jack last year in CA both superb

18. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Well it is an amazing brewery so almost everything is really good.I'd say, in general, that the dark stuff rules over the pales from FW. (ironically since they have the "passion for the pale")

But if you go try to get: Sticky Monkey, Double Double Barrel Ale (that's not a typo) Parabola, Abacus/Sucaba or whatever the hell it is called now, Helldorado, Good Foot, and Velvet Merlin/Merkin.

If you like stouts don't leave without a Parabola and a Velvet. Same applies to Sucaba if you dig English barleywines.

The Reserve Porter and Wooky Jack can be skipped if you need to make some choices. (Both good beers but everything else above i'd seek first)

19. xanok

xanok Savant (415) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Double Jack is excellent but I swear that beer falls off at hour 21 or something(exaggerating).

Parabola is amazing, as is the 14th Anniversary Ale.