Great Britain Best Glasgow pubs

Discussion in 'Europe' started by icepik, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Hey all, I'm traveling to Glasgow in early October and I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions for the best beer pubs to visit in Glasgow.

Thanks

2. Three Judges, Inn Deep and the Bon Accord will see you right. Don't miss 'em.

3. patto1ro

patto1ro Advocate (535) Netherlands Apr 26, 2004 Subscriber

I found Lauders at the start of Sauchiehall Street great fun late on a Saturday night. No decent beer, though.

The Horse Shoe has a nice iinterior, but a limited beer selection.

The Pot Still is cosy and has a huge whisky selection, unsurprisingly.

The State Bar has an old-fashioned layout and a fair beer selection. Plus a cheap malt of the month. (As does the Three Judges mentioned above. It was Talisker on Monday.)

4. Blackfriars, Brel, The Laurieston and The Three Judges are where I do most of my drinking.

5. All those mentioned

You could go along to the West brewery and sample their wares, I have been meaning to go for years but for whatever reason (I'm lazy, it's out of my way, I'm forgetful :eek:) have yet to go. I like St Mungo on tap, it's the best pilsner I've had on tap here but a bit disappointing in bottles.

6. Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I guess as a followup question: for locally made IPAs, what is considered the best? Anyone over there brewing a US"west coast" style IPA?

7. In Glasgow ,you'd better get to BrewDog Glasgow then for some Hardcore then. And if you're luckly you might find Fyne Ales Superior IPA somewhere around the city too.