1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best Keychain Bottle Opener

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by JustinH2, Jun 7, 2012.

1. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (595) Illinois Apr 15, 2011

Not to get off-topic, but those Brewbicle containers are pretty cool idea.
  2. deanhead

deanhead Savant (480) Vermont Sep 2, 2005

[​IMG]I'm partial to this one from resource revival.
    drperry11 likes this.
  3. DSlim71

DSlim71 Savant (495) New Jersey Mar 3, 2010

I really like them as well. The only thing is with how much beer I have, it would be way to costly to house them all in the Brewbicles. I don't have as large of a cellar as some BAs, but with a little over 100 bottles, I would need probably 7 or 8 containers.
  4. I like this one I picked up at the brewery in May. On the back it says flavor savin' since 1996.
    [​IMG]
    afrokaze and libbey like this.
  5. This one isn't a keychain but just picked it up as a Christmas gift for my sidekick. Got her into collecting switchblades when I had my collection and give her one every year as a gift. Was surprized at the heft and quality of this one. A bargain at ten bucks from thinkgeek dot com.
    [​IMG]
  6. fvernon

fvernon Savant (370) Wisconsin Mar 1, 2010

i found this in the basement rafters of a house built in the 1920's... the brewery went defunct in the 50's i think
    [​IMG]
    afrokaze likes this.
  7. BigTomZ

BigTomZ Savant (315) Virginia Apr 14, 2009

someone sent me a big sky moose drool keychain bottle opener as an extra. i still use it.

of course there is a device called a hobo knife that decimates any keychain bottle opener.

[​IMG]
  8. I use the exact same one. Found this on Kickstarter and bought it immediately. I opted to buy the copper keyring upgrade for it too
  9. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

10. Bart1

Bart1 Initiate (15) Jan 2, 2013

I have several bottle openers, but this is the One that stays on the keychain. I've had it for years, you'd definitely have to try to harm it. It does kink the caps a bit if you don't do a double move.

[​IMG]
  11. [​IMG]
    Klein opener
    Yes, it's $72. But this 3-D printed metal sculpture/bottle opener is fantastic. And so is its marketing copy.
  12. I'm obviously late to this party, but if I recall, I think I sent you that DFH opener along with a few others because you were looking for one and I told you you wouldn't like it. Heck, I may have even sent you that Magic Hat one, amirite? I remember thinking the same thing when I got those in the mail - it may be Magic Hat but it's one of the sturdiest openers I've found.
  13. I had this SN opener on my keychain and it broke as well. Luckily I have a few extras. It may not last forever but it's small and lightweight.
  14. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

Is there a good one that doesn't damage the cap by chance, sorry if I overlooked it
  15. n2185

n2185 Advocate (640) North Carolina Apr 14, 2008

Haha. I think you sent a Harpoon one and the DFH shark. I got the Magic Hat one for free at a beer store in western Virginia (not West Virginia) somewhere. I do appreciate the additions to my collection, though. :)
  16. ravot

ravot Savant (435) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

17. lsummers

lsummers Advocate (535) California Jun 21, 2010

I have this one too!
    fearfactory likes this.
  18. DinoFight

DinoFight Aficionado (235) Arizona Jan 23, 2013

This is my go to keychain opener. Works pretty good and is the same size as my keys so it doesn't get all bulky in my pocket.

[​IMG]
  19. schteve

schteve Savant (260) New Jersey Sep 10, 2003

20. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

For my keychain (just looks so good with my keys and works well:

[​IMG]

For home in the cellar:
    [​IMG]
  21. Bottle openers hurt caps! They are for display purposes only! What did a bottlecap ever do to you? How cruel!
    libbey likes this.
  22. Prevented me from getting at my sweet nectar
    crushedvol likes this.
  23. It was keeping it safe from the evil outside world, is all. You don't burn your hat when you take it off, do you? I'm pretty sure every bottlecap is hand painted by children, too.
    libbey likes this.
  24. Beerliever

Beerliever Initiate (15) Mar 8, 2013

Check out http://www.beerlieve.com/ There are very cool and inexpensive bottle openers to add to your collection. its a website dedicated to all things Craft Beer!!!!!!!!!
  25. MDunk

MDunk Aficionado (160) Illinois Sep 4, 2009

I have the same key only Oberon. That opener is fantastic. The flat screwdriver head is perfect for cutting into wax bottles as well. I don't think I will ever replace it
  26. MoparGrease

MoparGrease Initiate (0) California Jul 26, 2012

27. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (610) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

I have had the Founders one for almost 2 years, great opener, highly recommended.
  28. cdmillard

cdmillard Savant (410) Maryland Feb 17, 2013

Just got this one. Let you know how it works!

[​IMG]
  29. beerinNV

beerinNV Savant (265) Nevada Jan 3, 2012

bic lighter
  30. matt_6

matt_6 Aficionado (135) New York Jul 23, 2013

I have the Corter bottlehook in black. Very sturdy- looks better with age.
    nickmantia and mtskier like this.
  31. jacobbocce72

jacobbocce72 Savant (330) Texas Dec 18, 2011

ImperatorScab likes this.
  32. matttttYCE

matttttYCE Savant (295) Arizona Jul 15, 2010

I've had 3 or 4 of that type of opener above and I always manage to catch them on something and pull apart the loop that connects it to the keyring!

So now my keyring has this on it. Works well.
    [​IMG]

Oh and this is amazingly handy for tailgates!!
    [​IMG]
    beerserks likes this.
  33. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Ha. Someone get this and let me know if it messes up caps at all. I'd love to shoot caps right into the tin where I keep them across the room (I'm sure my wife would be THRILLED).
  34. inchrisin

inchrisin Savant (425) Indiana Sep 25, 2008

I have one like this, but I have a bunch of keys. It can oly open bottles if keys/rings aren't in the way. I like the idea of a carabiner opener though.
  35. inchrisin

inchrisin Savant (425) Indiana Sep 25, 2008

What the hell are your teeth for?

36. Definitely my favorite opener..
    [​IMG]
    Texas_Speed likes this.
  37. I am too. I have one from the Guinness brewery with my name on it. One of the most practical gifts I've ever been given.
  38. WickedSluggy

WickedSluggy Savant (425) Texas Nov 21, 2008

Using the same technique, I'll sometimes use one bottle (cap still on) to open another.