1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best stores for Cantillon in Belgium

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by taylor714914, Jul 23, 2013.

1. A good friends brother is a in Brussels but refuses to go to Cantillon because he's scared and thinks it looks like a rough neighborhood. After I got done calling him a pussy and a fool, I told him I'd try to find stores in the area that would sell bottles that he can bring back.

Anyone know of any?

Thanks!
  2. Please do this again for everyone on BA.
    brikelly and mrkrispy like this.
  3. belvedere86

belvedere86 Savant (455) Belgium Apr 1, 2013

He's a big pussy. I don't know why he's scared. Maybe he's afraid of not white people ;-) who have taken over big parts of Brussels. But he doesn't need to be afraid of them. It's ramadam. They only come out after sunset :p
  4. Brussel is a rough place to be. I don't like that stinking town (sorry to all people who live there). But besides that i thing your friend IS a pussy....

Thijs
    LambicKing and cardinal79 like this.
  5. DruRho

DruRho Initiate (0) Maryland Sep 3, 2012

maximum12 likes this.
  6. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

In my experience the best place to go is Cantillon. Tell him to man up.
  7. Yep, I agree.

8. He could hire a Limo and a bodyguard to take him to Cantillon and still save money on biertempel prices !!!

MTFU !!!
    jazzyjeff13 likes this.
  9. DruRho

DruRho Initiate (0) Maryland Sep 3, 2012

You're right for sure. If you want Cantillon in Brussels - you take your ass to the brewery.
    If you want other rare beers and don't mind paying, you can go to Bier Tempel.
  10. The brewery...unless you want to overpay or are after something rare.
  11. SStein

SStein Savant (315) Belgium Dec 26, 2012

That area is not all that rough. It is just busy and crowded. I take my 2 year old daughter down there all the time as I make my every other monthly trip to Cantillon to enjoy their fine offerings. Hopefully he is taking the train as parking is a bitch down there. That being said buying beer at Cantillon is half the price of their beers at any of the stores near there. I bought a bottle (or 3) of Fou Foune last year at 8.5 Euro each. Up the road 2km at the bottle shops it was 14 or 15 Euro. Tell him to grow a pair and go buy beer.
  12. Jwale73

Jwale73 Advocate (670) Rhode Island Aug 15, 2007

I didn't find it any worse than certain parts of Boston - actually less concerning. That said, do be careful. A good friend of mine had his passport and other things stolen by a two guys working a scam (one was the distraction, the other was the thief). He knew something was up, but thought he was going to get jumped and didn't see the other guy grab his bag through his car window.
    OtisCampbell likes this.
  13. mrkrispy

mrkrispy Savant (410) California Apr 5, 2006

If he isn't man enough to walk in that area to Cantillon, he CERTAINLY is not deserving of Cantillon! It sounds like you need a new friend haha