1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best Tacoma Beer Bar

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by checktherhyme, Feb 11, 2013.

1. I know this has been discussed before but I couldnt find the thread. Anyways, I will be in Tacoma for the weekend (event at the Dome) and was wondering what the best beer bars are in the area. I am just looking for something decent that is close. Not looking to go to Seattle or anything.

Thanks

2. Of the top of my head I recommend Engine House 9, the Red Hot or the Parkway.

3. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (530) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

No such thing! Wouldn't the "Aroma" overpower great smelling beer?

In seriousness, when I lived down that way I normally went a little north to 99 Bottles.

checktherhyme likes this.
  4. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,100) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

These are all excellent selections. I'd also recommend a personal favorite of mine, which is pint defiance.

Last couple of times I stopped by E9, I thought they had really upped their game. The draft list just seems to get better and better (they seem to almost always have something by Boneyard on tap of late), and their barrel aged house beers/sours are worth a try as well.

5. I've only been to the Red Hot once, but I totally loved it. Great place.

woemad and barleywinefiend like this.

6. What he said. Two for One special. The E-9 is almost across the street from The Red Hot. Score.

woemad and bgramer like this.
  7. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Where were they when I lived in Federal Way? A long way to go now. Anxious to visit E9 very impressive showing at Belgianfest.

8. SGToliver

SGToliver Savant (325) Washington Nov 22, 2012

I go to the Red Hot a lot. E9 and Pint Defiance are my other local favorites.

9. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

From my experience, if you know Lordkrystic, the Red Hot is the place to be! ;)

Thanks Jeff!

Also, if you don't plan on pooping regularly for a day or two, get the peanut butter bacon dog.

woemad and barleywinefiend like this.