1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best Valued Beers

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by LarryAppleton, Jan 8, 2013.

1. DCgolfpro

DCgolfpro Savant (440) Maryland Oct 26, 2011

Stone Russian Imperial Stout at $7.99 for a bomber, and Founders Breakfast Stout at $8.99 a four pack are my choices here.
    studad and jlenik like this.
  2. Ipswich Oatmeal Stout, can't beat it for the price in my opinion.
    Dools9 likes this.
  3. paulytasker

paulytasker Savant (335) New York May 16, 2012

Again i'm envious... Mayfolwer is superb and i had no idea what a 6pk. went for (assuming thats what you meant was under 10$). One of those top notch beers not readily available where i live.... i need to move!
  4. Drifter Pale Ale $6.99 a six pack. Best beer you can buy for this price
    Longstaff likes this.
  5. Yeah, I edited it, it's per six pack. That beer blew my mind. For people that think there's no flavor in beers less than 6% abv I point to this quickly.

I'd be happy to send you some Mayflower Porter for Bell's Hopslam, which is the only beer I am eyeing these days. Unfortunately, I fear Hopslam doesn't come to your area....
  6. Jai Alai for just under $40 a case. Sure it's even cheaper in Florida. Best price-to-quality ratio I'm aware of for an IPA.
    Thickfreakness likes this.
  7. Comes to about 35 a case after taxes that's a $1.45 a bottle 10 cents more than the OP wants to pay
  8. Friggin' A! Call it imperial porter all you want! I say RIS! Soooooo Good!
    keithmurray likes this.
  9. Brooklyn BCS and Monster @ $7.99 ALL DAY LONG!
    jlenik and CanConPhilly like this.
  10. Never seen it pity since I usually enjoy Widmer bro's offerings.
  11. I pay 14.09 for all SNBC 12 packs except beer camp.
    SanFranJake likes this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

This of course depends on where you are, but even still, if 10 cents a can makes or breaks you what beer to buy should be the least of your worries.
  13. On topic I got a mixed variety case of Bells offerings for 38 bucks. You can probably find it cheaper but you get a porter, amber, pale, and a brown ale. Under 10 bucks a six pack and every one is delicious
  14. Damn 28 bucks a case? Even the local pales are 32 man I hate living in PA...

Only cheap beer is the old s**t
    SanFranJake likes this.
  15. One store has been selling Celebration for 13.59 for the last month or so, I have had my share of cele this year.
  16. My suggestion to the OP is to drink less and drink better.
  17. Spaten Optimator at $9/sixer.
    Weihenstephaner Pilsner at the same price. Heck, Weihenstephaner anything, really...
    Rodenbach Grand Cru.
    All Schlenkerla beers are about $10 of awesomeness in a $5 bottle.
  18. SABERG

SABERG Savant (460) Massachusetts Sep 16, 2007

Mayflower porter, Ipswich Oatmeal Stout, Smuttynose IPA all under $9
  19. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (820) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Dude you live in Kentucky. Look at my profile pic.
  20. Make your own , little expensive getting started , but build an all grain ghetto set up , not the expensive pre built kits , save all your craft bottles and get to brewing , I can make right at 2 cases of beer for around 17.00 at about 6.5 to 7% and oh so good , well most of it , the bad stuff you can give to your friends and tell them how good it is
    Profchaos20 likes this.
  21. paulytasker

paulytasker Savant (335) New York May 16, 2012

Wish i could help, but you are correct, no Bell's anything where i am.
  22. phisigben

phisigben Savant (355) Kentucky Jan 8, 2009

SN Torpedo

/end thread
    raffels and Chacofirk like this.
  23. Here in this part of Arkansas the best buy for your money is Diamond Bear , Abita and New Belgium products
  24. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Savant (480) Massachusetts Mar 29, 2007

Do you get Smuttynose? Finest Kind IPA is a great choice on the cheaper end in addition to the Sierra Nevada options. Long Trail and Sam Adamds are good choices, and maybe some Harpoon beers? Rich & Dan's Rye is pretty solid, as is their Munich Dark.
    BrownAleMale and raffels like this.
  25. Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
  26. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Savant (480) Massachusetts Mar 29, 2007

$11/12-pack in NH, fresh.
  27. i do drink less and drink better, but I'd like to get some cheap good beer so I can come home and have at least one a night without breaking my tiny little bank account
  28. DelMontiac

DelMontiac Advocate (620) Oklahoma Oct 22, 2010

Ska Modus Hoperandi $7.99-$8.99 6pk
    ilikebeer03 likes this.
  29. DelMontiac

DelMontiac Advocate (620) Oklahoma Oct 22, 2010

Ska Modus Hoperandi $7.99-$8.99 6pk
  30. When on sale I get New Belgium Ranger IPA for $12 a 12 pack, picked up SN celebration for $12.99
  31. Just bought 2 sixers of Gonzo Imperial Porter at $8.99/each here in SEPA.
    $1.50/bottle, but factor in the 9.2%abv :eek:
    Went back 2 days later and the other sixers were gone.
    FML
  32. $1.35 a bottle? Newcastle. It's not GREAT, or "craft", but it's not bad out of a 12 box. I avoid the six packs. The clear bottles combined with an open top six pack carrier often leads to light struck (skunky) beer.
  33. itsthepleats

itsthepleats Savant (330) Ohio Mar 19, 2012

Founders Breakfast Stout to be released in 6-packs...same price point as the 4-packs, $9.99.

[​IMG]
    Brunite, ha-sheem and LarryAppleton like this.
  34. Absolut

Absolut Savant (395) California Sep 19, 2011

stone RIS
    Hop Stoopid
    Celebration
  35. My wife... so friggin' sexy, slutty, and horny! God I LOVE that woman!
  36. Canfield30

Canfield30 Zealot (85) Ohio Aug 2, 2012

Flower power. Also a surprise find tonight. Usually you cant get it here in cleveland. Browsing the local bottle shop and stumbled upon it. First time i had it and it definitely lived up to the hype. 9.99 for a six.
  37. Canfield30

Canfield30 Zealot (85) Ohio Aug 2, 2012

Where do you get fbs at that price? Here in cleveland its 12 bucks for a 4pack. Our taxes suck.
  38. Anchor Steam for $6.29 a 6 pack.
  39. DCgolfpro

DCgolfpro Savant (440) Maryland Oct 26, 2011

I live in Maryland but go to Virginia to get it. MD doesn't have Founders yet.
    PatriotsRule likes this.
  40. jlenik

jlenik Savant (435) New Jersey Jan 22, 2009

Jealousss