1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best way to value cellared beer

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by weezleteats, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Ever since I casually mentioned that I don't like sours and had been gifted a 750ml bottle of Batch 3 Supplication some years ago and said it had been in my Vinotemp wine keeper ever since, I've been getting informal offers for it and I'm trying to figure out what it's worth. Is there a good website or auction tracking site?
    Photekut likes this.
  2. KS1297

KS1297 Initiate (0) Wisconsin Apr 14, 2013

what's the highest offer you got on it? its at least worth that much right?
    Photekut likes this.
  3. Are you looking for beer or cash?
  4. bvdubn

bvdubn Savant (305) Pennsylvania Dec 1, 2011

It's worth what it originally cost. Someone with more money than sense will likely give you more but if it were me I would say $12-$15 would be all the more I would offer in trade value.
  5. Considering RR never bottled 750s of Supplication...

I love that you chose this topic to be your first contribution to BA.
    Photekut likes this.
  6. LambicKing

LambicKing Advocate (650) Florida Apr 13, 2011

It's not gold. Trade it for something you'd like based around what's been offered. Don't try to win.
  7. bvdubn

I completely skipped of the 750ml part. Maybe the fact that it isn't a standard 12oz threw him off?
  8. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

I'm pretty sure that's actually not true. There are 750s, from the same era as the 750s of Temptation, Consecration and Batch 3 Beat.
  9. Well, Drummermattie, you may be correct, since I'm not looking at the bottle, it could be Consecration. It is definitely a 750ml RR sour and definitely batch 3. I'm just trying to make sure I don't get taken advantage of - I've never sold or traded beer before. And why the snark?
  10. bvdubn

This community frowns upon selling beer on the black market. As far as trade value if it is a 750ml RR then it has some value. Pick a beer that you like buy can't get and post it here. We can tell you if it's feasible to obtain in a trade.
  11. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the class of 2012.

Thanks for keeping it real, y'all.

Winning.
  12. Thank you for the explanation - I had no idea.
  13. brian23456

brian23456 Savant (255) Minnesota Apr 29, 2008

Welcome to Beer Advocate bud! Everyone here is very helpful.
    I strongly encourage you, drink that sour!
  14. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

From what I've heard they didn't actually bottle any Supplication in 750's, only the others.
  15. drgarage

I could swear I've seen some, possible in the big over-priced City Beer cooler. But I could easily be wrong.
  16. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

I had some friends very insistently telling me Supplication was never in 750's, so I tend to think they're right.
  17. drgarage

I found a picture of an old Redemption 750. It's possibly that's what I've seen in the City Beer cooler. http://biergotter.org/bif/BASS08/maximum12.jpg