1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Best Year Round 6-Pack From Your State

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by anglagard1, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Kentucky - West Sixth IPA gets my vote. I know I sound Like a broken record about this beer, but it's really good!
  2. betterbgood

betterbgood Aficionado (170) Ohio Aug 23, 2008

Trust ole six pack of Commodore Perry from Great Lakes Brewery in Cleveland, Ohio
  3. 12tb

12tb Zealot (95) Iowa May 18, 2011

4. This does not track with my experiences. I've had their beers a number of times, and have never had a bad one.
  5. BradtheGreat7

BradtheGreat7 Savant (285) Ohio Jul 22, 2011

Well I own hunting property In Ohio, I buy all my beer in Kentucky lol given they get more than the state I live in which is WV. So I'll leave bourbon alone since we are a beer blog though we all know where the best bourbon comes from :). But I'll go with Ohio and Great Lakes Brewing Co out of Cleveland as this stuff can be purchased by the plenty in the state of West Virginia. The year round 6 pack I'll go with from GLBC is Edmund Fitzgerald Porter. The American porter may very well be my favorite style and it doesn't get much better than Edmund Fitzgerald. The only porter I can think of that compares based on sheer authenticity of the style and being time tested is the founders porter. But Edmund Fitzgerald is a beer I can enjoy with just about any style of meal here in my home and one I can enjoy any time of the year. You'll always see at least 1 bottle in my beer cooler as guests usually ask for it or just because it's world class and it's always a nice thing to have around. Many of storm cloudy nights have seen an Edmund Fitzgerald in one of my nonic pints. Hoppin' Frog and Jackie O's also are top notch Ohio breweries though Jackie O's doesn't really release bottles let alone a year round sixer
  6. iSrALE

iSrALE Aficionado (190) Mexico Nov 18, 2008

Oh yeah Sucks is what I am drinking now, going on my 3rd case, and it seems theyre gonna make it Year Round beer, Absolutely Delicious and Balanced Double IPA
  7. teamwiggum

teamwiggum Advocate (500) Wisconsin Nov 30, 2008

Drinking one right now....and loving it!
  8. teamwiggum

Going to be drinking one of these soon, hoping it's "best in state" worthy!
  9. Sea Hag IPA from New England Brewing - Connecticut
  10. teamwiggum

You're a lucky, lucky man.
  11. MagicJeff

MagicJeff Savant (300) Georgia Mar 21, 2012

In Atlanta, I suppose Sweetwater IPA is the best "local" six pack. At the same time, IMO the rest of their selection is weak/overpriced. I also don't think Terrapin offers anything in a six pack that warrants regularly buying (though they have some dank specialities/seasonals). I guess I'd go with anything Stone, Lagunitas IPA, or Bell's 2 Hearted if you're talking best readily available. Shit maybe Sierra Nevada Pale if you're talking best bang for your buck.
  12. DC - DC Brau "The Public" Pale Ale. However, "On the Wings of Armageddon" is about to be released in 6pk cans.
  13. raynmoon

raynmoon Savant (490) California Aug 13, 2011

Just put the last 6-pack of my case in the fridge. So sad. I bet by summer they'll have it year round.
    Lagunitas should just toss Pils or the 6 packs of Maximus and put Sucks in it's place.
  14. Hardcore

Hardcore Savant (300) Hawaii Jun 24, 2012

Hawaii-Big Swell Ipa
  15. We got 17 kegs of Sucks at my work. $12.00 growlers make me a happy employee
    iSrALE likes this.
  16. sirsteve42

sirsteve42 Advocate (545) New York Jan 15, 2009

Id have to go with ithaca flower power from NY
  17. Sirbaron

Sirbaron Disciple (55) Pennsylvania Jun 29, 2011

Prima Pils. Victory Brewing Co. Pa. I know its not a bomb but arguably the best domestic Pilsner.
  18. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Advocate (500) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Though I could go w/Ness or Dort gotta say Eddy Fitz from Great Lakes here in Ohio. Based on state wide availability for sure.
  19. pixieskid

pixieskid Advocate (660) Germany Jun 4, 2009

20. pixieskid

pixieskid Advocate (660) Germany Jun 4, 2009

The 6 pack doesnt exist in Europe, so I can't help you on this one...

BTW, I buy beer in a completely opposite way as the OP. I buy individual bottles and the occasional case of a beer I really enjoy.
  21. iSrALE

Do you work at Lagunitas?
  22. iSrALE

I am in the same situation with only 8 bottles left in my fridge, I do have another case but I am saving it for my Daughters 9th Birthday, this coming Friday, Oh its gonna be Great!
  23. Thomas Creek Dopplebock....I would say something from Wesrbrook but I've never seen a six pack from them.
  24. imduffman

imduffman Aficionado (170) Ohio Oct 22, 2012

white rajah from brewkettle. the real champion of ohio
  25. iSrALE

West Coast was my Go to beer when it was packaged in 6packs, but I still buy those 4 packs quite often, WC Great IPA!
  26. LoneRider Peacemaker here in NC.
    KevinGordon likes this.
  27. I want to say Prima Pils but I do really love some Perpetual IPA. Still, probably PP, yeah.
  28. BeerKangaroo

BeerKangaroo Initiate (0) Alaska May 30, 2011

Baxter's Stowaway IPA, perhaps a close second?