1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Beyond the Pale - Grätzer (Ottawa)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by klwatts, Jul 29, 2013.

1. klwatts

klwatts Member

Beyond the Pale collaborated with local brewer Brad Remus and Union Local 613 for this brew. Having a launch party on August 11 at Union Local 613. Never had this style before, but I'm really looking forward to it!
  2. mtomlins

mtomlins Member

Thanks for the heads-up; Rob and Shane are my new heros!
    klwatts likes this.
  3. mtomlins

mtomlins Member

I stopped in at the brewery over the weekend and noticed they have 2 new barrels, one full and one empty. The full barrel has a sour aging, but I forgot the type of barrel. The empty barrel is some kind of chardonnay ice wine barrel...now that could be interesting!
  4. liamt07

liamt07 Member

Only had less than a half dozen brews of this style, but I love it. Jealous a local brewery is putting one out for you guys!
  5. klwatts

klwatts Member

Oh wow! Do you remember Beau's Venskab that was aged on Ice Wine-soaked oak chips? That was super yummy.
    mtomlins likes this.
  6. liamt07

liamt07 Member

One of the best things (if not THE best thing) Beau's has ever done.
    KeKeKumba, mtomlins and klwatts like this.
  7. mtomlins

mtomlins Member

Oh yah, I had forgotten that!! That was a super tasty brew; I agree with liamt, that was definitely one of their best beers! BTP still doesn't know what they are going to put in it (ice wine barrel), or at least they aren't saying yet ;).
    klwatts likes this.