1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

BIF: Seniors Sipping Suds

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by duceswild, Oct 30, 2012.

1. duceswild

duceswild Advocate (740) Maryland Feb 8, 2010

This BIF is closed to new participants and is a follow up to the Juniors Jaunting for Brew BIF
    http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/juniors-jaunting-for-brews-bif-hints-hauls.21005/

The rules for this round are:
    · 11 participants
    · Minimum beer spend of $50
    · 1 piece of glassware (pint is fine)
    · 1 pumpkin / fall beer (if you really dislike this style let me know so I can tell your target)
    · Target ship date is November 16th. You MUST ship by this date.
    · 1 beer/drink that they have matured from over the past 4 years. Since this is the senior round we have to show how we've matured right?? I don't intend for this to be a "craft" beer by any means though it could be. I think it will be interesting to see and hear a story behind this for those in the group. I'm thinking we will see a mix of Macro beers, local adjuncts, "gateway crafts", and maybe even some cupcake vodka or for those crazy ones...jello shots

The beers you send should include locals, but don't feel restricted by that as it is very likely you have access to beers that your target does not, so those are fair game as well. Check out http://seekabrew.com/ if you have question on state distributions. Knocking of all your targets wants is not necessary for this BIF, but if you can hit a couple that's great. Make sure your wants list is updated.

Please remember to ship a box that you would enjoy receiving.

Targets have been sent out so please let me know if you did not get yours or have questions let me know.

We have a great bunch of people in this so I'm looking forward to lots of fun, participation, and great hauls.
  2. duceswild

I tried to do my best making sure no one had a repeat of any of the prior rounds. I think I got it, but if for some reason I made a mistake please let me know ASAP so I can make adjustments.

Also if there are any questions about the rules or targets or anything please let me know.
  3. Pelican5

Pelican5 Savant (310) California Feb 4, 2012

Thanks for hosting again duces! Annnnnnd begin...

Box will be heading in a northeast direction.
  4. duceswild

My box will be going to a state where I have only visited via airport layovers.
  5. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Savant (355) Texas Dec 28, 2011

I'll be shipping northeast... Go figure
  6. My box is headed to a state that I'm 99% sure I've never shipped beer to (surprisingly). I have however sent something else to at least one BA in that state.

Thanks duces!
  7. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (605) Virginia May 28, 2010

spoke with duceswild and I will be shipping out on 11/19 as there is a certain bottle release on 11/17.
    I have shipped to my targets state before...
  8. duceswild

I am sure your target will appreciate what this bottle is. I know I would.
  9. laxer8811

laxer8811 Savant (340) New York Sep 13, 2006

Never been to my targets state before, but have had beer from their state
  10. My in-laws just moved away from this state.
  11. Pelican5

Looks like I will be able to hit a bunch of wants and already have a certain special treat in hand. Box (s) will be landing east of the mississippi.
  12. duceswild

The state when I'm shipping has 9 characters or less.
  13. Pelican5

That knocks me out
  14. dumptruck81

Me too
  15. laxer8811

16. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Savant (370) Wisconsin Apr 13, 2010

I've driven to my target's city more times than I can count. Some times it'd take me 16 hours, some times I could make it in 45minutes.
  17. djmichaelk

djmichaelk Savant (375) Florida Jul 6, 2008

This one kinda snuck up on me, so the target message took me by surprise, but I'm more than happy to be back for this one. I have a feeling that my target already knows that I have him/her, but I'll leave some hints anyway. #1: my target's location was/is in the path of Sandy and probably felt some of her wrath. I might be cutting it close with the deadline due to a few boxes that should be arriving just before that time.
  18. I'm shipping to a city that I've only visited once, for a reason that used to be in my BA avatar.
  19. Pelican5

Get it together man, I have a feeling your gonna get crushed in this round.
  20. dumptruck81

My gf used to live in the state I'm shipping to. My target likes stouts and hoppy beers
  21. I am shipping East; big surprise there :)
  22. nwu008

nwu008 Aficionado (145) Minnesota Oct 18, 2009

I too am shipping east. My target and I have something in common (besides the obvious love of beers), but it may not be apparent to him before he receives a box from me.
  23. Shopping pretty much done for my box. Shipping to a state which has 6 or more letters.

Note to my target: If you didn't want me to knock out your wants you should not have listed them on your profile page :)
  24. duceswild

Note to self: add wants to profile for next BIF ;)
  25. duceswild

My box is headed to a location I have received beer from in the past...either by trade/bif/or visiting (or perhaps a combination)
  26. laxer8811

My target and I share something on beer advocate....plus I have been a member longer than them
  27. dumptruck81

You've been registered on here longer than anyone else that's posted so far. If the thing in common is the pup in the avatar that could be me. I've had a few trading partners where it seems to be dogs sharing a conversation about good beer so who knows.
  28. dumptruck81

I'm shipping to a state that is touching a body of water. And I'm looking to bury your ass in beer!!!
  29. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Savant (370) Wisconsin Apr 13, 2010

Shopping is done, just have to package it up. My target lives in a state commonly known to have one of the top ten places in the U.S. to eat chili.
  30. I visited my target's state about 13 years ago for a concert. The 53 mile drive from the airport to the concert venue took 14 hours. But what a show!
  31. duceswild

Still working on shopping for my target, but I have set a number of items aside already for him.
  32. Pulled a few limited release / remote brewery bottles from the cellar for my target. Pick up a couple of wants today. I'm planning to do a major shopping run Wednesday or Thursday. My target has posted in this thread and I have been to their state exactly once (and mentioned it previously somewhere on BA).
  33. Pelican5

34. laxer8811

My target state has more letters than where I am
  35. duceswild

Been looking over my targets wants and while they haven't been updated in a couple months I am able to hit a couple of the items on there. Just hope they are still wants ;)
  36. nwu008

nwu008 Aficionado (145) Minnesota Oct 18, 2009

Half way done shopping/pulling beers from the cellar. My box will likely go out on Monday and its heading to a generous BA how sent more than 20 bottles in the last round of this BIF. I am going to try to compete.
  37. duceswild

My box will be heading to a state that is expected to be red this evening.
  38. Pelican5

Definitely not me.
  39. I'm shipping to a state that was blue in yesterday's election.
  40. duceswild

Btw, once you ship, could you please BM me the corresponding tracking #. Thanks.