1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Big Foot Question

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by davesway10, Nov 7, 2012.

1. davesway10

davesway10 Advocate (500) Iowa Jan 23, 2010

No biggie, but, in the past Big Foot has always been in the 11 - 13 dollar range and today I ran across some 2012 priced at 8. Is this the new norm or did I just run across some that was priced wrong ? Like I said it's not really a big deal because I'm not a huge fan of this one, but at this price I might just buy some and put it back for a couple years and see if that makes the difference for me.

2. Was it a 4 pack? They are now going to be putting it in 4 packs in the $8 or $9 range.

Whimpers likes this.
  3. theCoder

theCoder Savant (340) Minnesota Oct 24, 2011

Has the new batch come out yet? The 2012 release which I was in/around Feb was still 6 packs, and I can find it for $10 easily still. Unless they do 2 releases a year.

4. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (575) California Dec 12, 2009

Four packs??? That's sad!!:( Come on Sierra Nevada, stick with the sixers, please!!!!

fox227 likes this.
  5. Whimpers

Whimpers Advocate (505) New York Dec 17, 2010

I think you may have just found a good deal, check the label and bottling dates...doesn't seem like the 4 packs will be out till January...buy all of what you found...now

6. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,050) Washington Sep 18, 2010

4-packs of Narwhall are around $10, I'd be surprised if Bigfoot wasn't priced similarly.

7. They were basically losing money on the Bigfoot 6 packs and raised the prices last year. This year it will be switched to the 4pack High Altitude Series and the retail will drop accordingly. The price per bottle will be almost exactly the same as last year, but at a more appealing price point to the general beer buying public. Believe it or not it's much easier to sell a $9.99 4 pack than a $14.99 6 pack.

gatornation and Handle like this.
  8. SatlyMalty

SatlyMalty Initiate (0) Washington Sep 12, 2012

I liked this thread better when it was a "Big Boot Question".

9. If I found it for $8 a six pack, I would buy two cases on the spot without thinking twice. 2012 is really hitting its strides right now - malty caramel flavors are showing itself and seems just as hoppy as it was in Feb (may have lost a little aroma, but not flavor or much bitterness).

Price of Bigfoot has been steadily increasing the last 4 or 5 years in the Boston area. $15 six packs were not uncommon last year. When I first started buying cases a few years ago, it was around $40, last year I couldn't find it for less than $52 (and that was because they hadn't changed the price in their system yet) and was quoted as high as $64. I believe 4 packs are only going to increase the price - even for case purchases. Fully expecting $10+ four packs and near $60 cases to be the norm around here. Still worth it though when compared to other BW choices.

10. davesway10

davesway10 Advocate (500) Iowa Jan 23, 2010

Well, Its a 2 pack now. But it began its existance a sixer.

11. The 2012 Bigfoot was released last January. The 2013 will be out in Late Jan-Early Feb. Yes, it will be a four pack...sorry...but the price should be on-par with Hoptimum and Narwhal $10 for a 4-pack.

Rekrule likes this.
  12. 4 Bottles of Bigfoot @ $9.99 yes i will enjoy

13. MilkManX

MilkManX Savant (320) Arizona Jul 10, 2012

Still waiting for Narwhal to show up here in Tucson AZ...

14. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Champion (960) Maine Sep 17, 2005

I

I bought a case for $40 at Gary's in Portsmouth this year. I've bought my Bigfoot there for years; they are always less expensive than other beer stores.

15. Thanks for the input, man- next time I'm in the store I'll have to pick some up. I don't think it will be at much of a discount, but if it's as good as you say it is I'm still game. We did get screwed with the delivery date this year- late April/early May- and by the time it came around I had other beers vying for my attention (i.e. I knew Flower Power was soon to be going on hiatus, and other seasonals were available). I did get a few sixers of Bigfoot back then, but the remainder is still sitting there waiting to be bought.

Anyway, at $8 a sixer, I just might buy them out myself, but it hasn't gotten that low yet. If I was the OP, though, I'd go for it.

16. terryg75

terryg75 Zealot (80) Sep 23, 2012

I'm in the Columbus, oh area and the beer stores all have it on the shelf for $14.99. The local grocery store 3 miles from my house has had for $8.99 since it was released early this year. My wife grabs me at least one six every time she goes in and there's been a few times its been as low as 7.99. I've got two cases of the '12s in basement and will keep hoarding til its gone!

17. They were never "losing money" on Bigfoot. The new NC facility is costly, and now seems the best time to make faster ground on their investment...

18. CellarGimp

CellarGimp Savant (475) Missouri Sep 14, 2011

That's a clearance price.

19. fox227

fox227 Advocate (565) California Nov 19, 2010

Yeah, I have a hard enough time not drinking all six, now I'll have to buy two packs at the same time.