1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Big Hole in MN

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Ol_Johnny_Skippelwicky, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Does anyone ever see beers from these guys in the Twin Cities? When I lived in Uptown I used to get Mythical White from MGM all the time. Then it vanished!
  2. Chaz

Chaz Champion (815) Minnesota Feb 3, 2002

Near as I recall, Big Hole was exclusive to MGM circa 2002 until maybe 2007 and seemed to vanish in 2008. I -thought- they had been brewing their own beers/brands up until that time, but recall they were either bought or sold or contracted over the past four or five years.* That's all I've got.

*I didn't keep track too closely, but there are 500 767 823 new breweries to keep track of since 2009. o_O
    evilgenius1917 likes this.
  3. mjryan

mjryan Savant (455) Minnesota Dec 22, 2007

Oh yeah, Big Hole. Forgot about them. Now you got me thinking about all the other beer we used to get in the bad old days after All Saints collapsed.
    Lifeofbrian likes this.
  4. They're still around according to their website http://bigholebeer.com/?page_id=21. I just wish I could find some. I liked all their beers but Mythical White in particular was excellent. It had a ton of carbonation and would completely foam over if you so much as tapped the bottle...
  5. maximum12

maximum12 Advocate (735) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

Almost positive I've seen this at Blue Max...if my brain is functioning correctly, I've seen it on top of the domestic coolers. Clearly remember throwing the baby in the stroller & taking a walk to get some Mythical White in 2001-2002 when we lived in St. Paul, saved some of those bottles for homebrew. Good fun.
  6. wuuin

wuuin Aficionado (185) Minnesota May 16, 2007

mythical white was perhaps one of the worst beers I've ever tried. more you, i guess.
  7. To each their own... I just thought it was great on a hot day.
  8. maximum12

maximum12 Advocate (735) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

If that's true, do I ever have some bad beer to recommend to you...
    GFG and incutrav like this.