1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Big sky Ivan the terrible in tx?

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Phoenix2443, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (335) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Anyone know if we're getting this? Heard it just hit az. I've had it a few times and enjoyed it would like to grab it again.

Also, what's up with lagunitas sucks this year?

2. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Haven't heard anything about Ivan but I am curious whether or not we will see it...never had the pleasure but certainly would like to give it a go. Sucks should be around town (Austin) next week from everything I've heard but remember BEK and their glorious 1 case per account limit on Lagunitas orders...4 six packs will go very, very fast at any store that gets a shipment.

3. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

That sucks

4. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (335) Texas Jan 20, 2010

1 case? How is it possible that central market stockpiles it then? Last year they must've had at least 8 cases

5. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

At least initially BEK will only allow each account to receive 1 case of Lagunitas per order. I'm not sure if this applies to the regular lineup but know that it does for their special releases. This is the case around here any way (Austin), not sure where you are from. Not sure about CM's arrangement...they have a lot of $ and a lot of clout in Texas so they might be given exceptions. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please...this is just what I was told by somebody who orders beer in the Austin area.