Binny's Lincoln Park Black Friday 2012 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Vav, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorby10826

gorby10826 Initiate (0) May 2, 2008 Illinois

Please clarify. Is it going to be numbers given in order based on when you arrive in line and run like the cellar sale now?

Thanks VAV

2. Jagen

Jagen Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2012 Illinois

3. Vav

Vav Savant (1,025) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

Jagen is correct. Your number only matters if it's pulled.

4. Jagen

Jagen Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2012 Illinois

hopefully everyone will be able to get in the door before you start pulling numbers :stuck_out_tongue:

5. jegross2

jegross2 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2010 Illinois

Of course the one black friday in four years I cant goto the pub, and I miss the best one!

6. leftyhyzer

leftyhyzer Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2012 Indiana

Any info on first come first serve coffee and cherry?

7. ravot

ravot Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2012 Illinois

if they get it in. LP Binny's does this, a first come first serve. or more like first camp, first get. hotspots and vpn for the win. i'm the one with the thermal mug.

8. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2008 Illinois

While he's done that in the past (sexist!), Vav may treat these bottles differently this time around. From earlier in the thread:

ravot likes this.
  9. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Pundit (897) Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

bear in mind vav said earlier in the thread that it's dependent on 1) IF they get it in and 2) HOW MUCH they get in - if the rumours about low yields on cherry are true, i wouldn't be surprised if cherry became a raffle item.

ravot likes this.
  10. Vav

Cherry will indeed be a drawing item.

11. ravot

ravot Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2012 Illinois

Well that's good news. If I miss out I can't complain since I had some today. Wild day. Six am. 1 pm session. Fuck.

12. jrman1386

jrman1386 Devotee (392) Oct 22, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

My questions are two. One; If, for example, my number is drawn for the first bottle of 2009 BCBS, I buy it...my number then gets put back in the hat so that I could possibly win a second 2009 BCBS? and Two; how will you prevent people from getting multiple tickets so that they have many chances to win bottles?

13. Vav

Just as heads up: If you're caught breaking the rules, you'll be asked to leave. Also, Bastinado.

And for clarification, YES, all numbers go back in the hat after being pulled, so in theory one person could walk away with everything, though the odds are astronomical.

14. Vav

I answered your question in the RB thread already, AND prempted you with my reply above, figuring you'd post here.

I'm like a freakin' svenjolly.

15. DanGolfs86

DanGolfs86 Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2010 Illinois
    Deactivated

Just clearing my mind up here, Vav you are going to be pulling earlier but the doors still open at 9am. It really doesn't matter what time you start waiting as long as you are in the door with your number in hand when you start pulling you should be good.

You are planning on pulling bottles before 10am for those who are going across the street.

I have read through the thread but just want to be sure i am reading everything and understanding it all.

pschul4 likes this.
  16. Vav

Doors open at 9. I'll start pulling once everyone has their number. I'll try to do at least one of every bottle BEFORE 10 so those with 10am GI Tix have a shot.

pschul4 and ravot like this.
  17. DanGolfs86

DanGolfs86 Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2010 Illinois
    Deactivated

18. Rempo

Rempo Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2010 Indiana

I'm a little confused on the process - so the numbers are going back into the hat after they're pulled?

19. eyeenjoybeer

eyeenjoybeer Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2011 Seychelles

Right, but it will be a different hat each time. The first hat will be a fez, the second a fedora, then a bowler, etc....

71gto, willandperry, Grohnke and 10 others like this.
  20. jrman1386

jrman1386 Devotee (392) Oct 22, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

Hahaha, I asked in both more for the benefit of everyone knowing.

Vav likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.