1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Binny's Lincoln Park Black Friday 2012 Official Thread

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Vav, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horseballs

Horseballs Aficionado (105) Ohio Feb 7, 2012

My question isn't totally on topic, but this is an active thread... I am from Ohio and looking to get BCBS. I have some family in Chicago this weekend staying in Rogers Park. Where should I send them to find a couple of four packs? I told them about this store and this event, but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. marcgo2

marcgo2 Aficionado (225) Illinois Nov 16, 2010

Check beermenus.com
  3. JmH

JmH Aficionado (135) Illinois Jun 6, 2012

the Jewel at Paulina and Milwaukee (1341 North Paulina) had multiple cases out on the floor as of a week ago. 20.99 too, which is the best price I've seen in town. Not exactly Rogers Park, so you may want to give the store a call to verify that it's still in stock before sending someone there.
  4. Last I saw they pulled it off of the floor, BUT if you ask they will get a 4 pack from the back.
  5. Horseballs

Horseballs Aficionado (105) Ohio Feb 7, 2012

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll relay the information. If someone else has any suggestions, I think it would be better to either pm me or find another relevant thread to stop spamming up this one so much. Thanks again.
    Flabbyjandro likes this.
  6. marcgo2

marcgo2 Aficionado (225) Illinois Nov 16, 2010

7. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Savant (450) Illinois Jun 12, 2012

8. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (325) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

Jewel in Wicker Park has (had earlier this week at least) plenty at this price. So I'd definitely check any Jewel just to check. If not, hell, you can find BCS at many locations. Just may pay closer to $26-$30. 'Taint hard to find.
  9. Binnys Facebook just posted a 10% off coupon that's only good on Black Friday.

It specifically notes that beer is included. I'm assuming this is specifically to be used at your event, isn't it Vav?? ;)
  10. foobula

foobula Savant (330) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

Fine print: "not applicable on cellar or allocated items". So most of Vav's items wouldn't qualify. Not sure what fits the definition of an allocated item. PvW 23? Bourbon County Coffee? Regular BCS? Anything with purchase limits?
  11. foobula

Also FYI Binny's says on their fb page that you don't have to print out the coupon, you can show it on your mobile device with the barcode/number in the lower left. Not that the coupon will apply to anything Vav is selling.
  12. Vav

Vav Savant (485) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

This coupon will NOT apply to the Black Friday beers. Allocated means, in a nutshell, "Shit we dont get a lot of." So Pappy is out too. Basically, if you've seen a purchase limit, it's allocated.

Edit: And for the record, we havent gotten our Pappy shipment yet anyway.
  13. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (325) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

So you're telling me I still have a chance!
  14. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

Vav, from your twitter pic. the case of king henry was from the cellar or a shipment in the past couple of weeks? i ask because i heard some king henry was going to hit some distros and i want to know which truck i'm chasing. yah know, for science and all.

edit: you just tweeted another picture with the beer of thrones/one beer to rule them all. i was referring to the picture with the u-boat.
  15. Rats, I was hoping that the ;) would show my sarcasm.
  16. foobula

I don't think sarcasm is allowed in the context of hundreds of folks showing up at once seeking highly coveted items. ;)
    averagejake872 likes this.
  17. Cabrini Green Dominck's has it for 17$ a 4pack and Jewel in Old Town has it for 20$.
  18. Vav

Vav Savant (485) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

The King Henry available is the stuff from 2011...eg the one aged in spent Rare barrels.

No more tweets/bm's/emails, i'm drinking whisky and going dark, see you guys and gals in the morning.
  19. Line? Photos?? Drinking in the parking lot getting you thrown out?
  20. bertram

bertram Savant (350) Illinois Dec 18, 2010

Line, yes. Photos, not yet. Parking, plentiful so far.
    forrestbetts likes this.
  21. Maybe 40 or 50 in line at 8am.
    forrestbetts likes this.
  22. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (305) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

Why is there a line an hour (or more) before the store opens when there is absolutely no benefit in showing up early??
  23. What's going on with 2012 coffee at LP binnys?
  24. Probably 50% tradition, 50% the fact there will be beers in today not raffled off.
  25. foobula

Any deep fried turkey present?
    Vav likes this.
  26. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (400) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

How many lurkers are on BA? There's 300 in line
    Vav and forrestbetts like this.
  27. 100 BAs in line, 200 mules.
  28. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Buy buy buy.
  29. BUNZILLA

BUNZILLA Advocate (645) Indiana Jan 14, 2011

30. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (400) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

Don't call my wife a mule, she's more of a hinny.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.