1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bitzy, where art thou?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by drummermattie02, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cavedave

cavedave Champion (940) New York Mar 12, 2009

I watched Bitzy and now my brain hurts. thanks.

2. hate hate hate

3. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Savant (285) New York May 15, 2011

This dude has an extra chromosome

4. SMBSLT32

SMBSLT32 Zealot (80) New York Feb 18, 2011

I think I remember this dude and that old thread of about a trade gone wrong. But I'm in a state of disbelief that I found this thread and am glad that I only check BA once in a while. You guys are immature snobs and an embarrassment to the craft beer community. Digging into someone's personal life to bash him or her even further? Come on? That's an all time low even for the BA forums. Luckily for every one of you there are many more decent human beings who enjoy craft beer with out bashing people who've made mistakes in their past. Yes the original trade thread discussion took place about 3 years ago. Desperate for idiotic camaraderie are ya?

5. 64vdub

64vdub Savant (320) California Feb 20, 2014

Just stumbled across this and it's awesome! I'm not sure if this is real life or if it's one of those Twilight Zone moments...my life is forever different after reading this thread. Thanks BA's!

At 10:15 of the posted video I notice he had "BITZY" spelled out across his freezer door with bottle cap magnets. Priceless

6. SMBSLT32

WOW! I happened upon this thread while browsing through the BA forums after not signing onto BA for a while. I have to say I'm happy that I took the hiatus and will probably be taking another one. There are way too many immature beer snobs that post throughout the BA forums and make it hard for people that are just getting in to craft beer to appreciate the community aspects of craft beer and homebrewing. For example, this "Bitzy trade" took place over 3 years ago and you guys are still finding ways to bash him. Come on! Really? Are you that desperate to feel good about being an immature beer snob? Be a mature person and just don't have anything to do with Bitzy or whatever his real name is just like you would avoid any person that you don't approve of or like in your personal life. But hey...as a previous poster quoted from his new blog "any blog traffic is good traffic."

7. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (525) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Sorry for partying, dad. We'll try to have less fun around here during your next hiatus.

Theortiz01, tzach, Canti4341 and 8 others like this.
  8. core42

core42 Advocate (510) Michigan May 5, 2010

Bitzy?

9. Have you ever tried to trade rare coral for beer, per chance?

10. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

So, you're never heard a joke or seen a movie that was still funny three years later?

C'mon. This character was comic gold. We'll be thinking about The Bitzy Episode for decades, not years.

greenspointexas likes this.
  11. Jesus I have no clue how people can defend this guy

12. It might be that he is that guy or at least knows him. Based on the blog posts and the recent BA posts it seems they at least frequent the same liquor store. It could be merely a coincidence but definitely seems a bit peculiar.

13. 64vdub

64vdub Savant (320) California Feb 20, 2014

Both NY too...same guy or friends.

drummermattie02 likes this.
  14. I suspect a linguistics expert could confirm what we all suspect.

15. kinda seems drunk and obnoxious interviewing Ben Weiss from the Bruery

greenspointexas likes this.
  16. King_Ranch

King_Ranch Aficionado (150) Texas Feb 19, 2014

"Bitzy" and this story is a big part of what is wrong with our culture in general today.
    The thought of personal responsibility has vanished. Every negative outcome is someone else's fault. Always.

It wasn't that Bitzy was a twenty something that got in over his head financially and was going to try to make it right.
    That happens all the time on BA. I find it inexcusable that someone else should have to wait on a box because you fucked up, but hey most here do not. It would have blown over.

It wasn't that he just said fuck you I got in over my head, you lose. At least he would have admitted fault. People would have been pissed and it would have been over since no one ever seems to know these people well enough to guilt them into manning up and God forbid you cannot invade his privacy about it.

What actually happened was a twenty something posted that his parents were mad he was spending their money on beer instead of college and were going to cut him off, hence he would have no money to send boxes.
    It was THEIR fault. He said they had to tell him "MANY TIMES", yet you have to be an ADULT yourself to be on this site.

Turn on the news, any channel, just about every current event, the outcry isn't HEY I DID SOMETHING STUPID I SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DOING TO PUT MYSELF IN A BAD SITUATION, the outcry is that someone reacted to my asinine behavior inappropriately, let's go after them!!!!!1111one!!!

I for one am glad people like Bitzy are made example of.
    Maybe it will encourage one other person to send that box they were going to slink out of sending because THEY FUCKED UP...

By the way @SMBSLT32, I hope people are taking note of your user name. I have seen it posted many times and I have taken it to heart... People that defend bad traders are more likely to stiff someone when life happens to themselves instead of taking personal responsibility.

17. King_Ranch

King_Ranch Aficionado (150) Texas Feb 19, 2014

I have been thinking a little about this...

In addition to it being his parents fault, He also pointed out that it was his trading partner's fault that they were not more understanding.

It was also the community's fault because we were not "understanding / down to earth people".

Now @SMBSLT32 is saying shame on US for having a good time with the situation.
    Again, not bitzy's fault for getting into the mess in the first place, our fault for poking fun at it.

Remember no one would be laughing at the meme "put it on my parent's tab" if he just did the right thing those three long years ago.

obligatory @King_Ranch YOU ARE SOOOOOO IMMATURE.

Lehighace06, Purpleman and jrnyc like this.

18. This. Someone on this thread is not who they seem

19. Bunuelian

Bunuelian Savant (425) Minnesota Mar 22, 2013

I'm a personal friend of @mnbrewery and he wanted me to let y'all know that Bitzy never fulfilled his end of the trade but that several generous BAs reached out and sent some amazing beer his way back in the day so there's no need to make him whole. He would have posted this himself but he doesn't frequent this site much anymore and forgot his password. Also, he wanted to thank everyone for the funny memories after I directed him to this thread. Oh, and he's a he, not a she; never could trust that Bitzy with even the simplest details!

20. SMBSLT32

OK EVERYONE I'll admit that I am in fact "Bitzy" as you all expected.

I'll first reply to Bunuelian...I actually did send her/him back beers and tracked the package to make sure it arrived. However, I never got an email back saying that it was opened and checked to make sure that all the bottles arrived safely. So if you are a friend of @mnbrewery and are telling the truth then whoever signed for the package must have not given @mnbrewery the beers (or something else out of my control occurred).

Next, if the beers that I sent weren't on par with Surly Darkness then that's a matter of the subjectivity of craft beer.

Yes King_Ranch I acted immaturely when I responded the original thread and played the victim at the time and did not act like an adult. It was my fault for taking advantage of the financial support that I was receiving from my parents at the time and using it for beer trades instead of managing it and using it for more appropriate personal needs.

The reason that I have come back with posts of defense in this thread is not because you're having fun with the old thread or that I want to defend my complete lack of maturity (which from an outsider's perspective could be seen as funny) when dealing with the trade in question, but because you're digging into my new blog and personal Facebook account in order to find new ways to poke fun at me. If I went on after the "trade gone wrong" and committed similar crimes against the beer community then I could see why all those who have joined in on this current thread would feel tempted to bash me in the way/s that you have done so, but I haven't traded in the years since with anyone on BA or taken advantage of anyone that I've traded with since then and made them wait a long time to receive my end of the trade. In the end it's your choice to proceed as you wish.

Therefore, if you don't like my current blog's content and or my perspective on craft beer and homebrewing in general then you don't have to watch or read it. There are tons of amazing beer blogs out there for you to follow etc.

Cheers!

21. This thread has come full circle. So, bitzy, your stance on what happened hasn't changed much and you've learned nothing? Thats how i interpreted your post, please correct me if im wrong

22. SMBSLT32

My post clearly states my admission of guilt in my actions when dealing with the trade that was the subject in the thread that is being discussed in this thread and that my past actions are worthy of being ridiculed. How have I not learned anything?

23. If you sent the beers you agreed to send there could be no question that they were on par, since that is what your trading partner agreed to. If you sent the beers.

jshusc and greenspointexas like this.
  24. This guy wins today...

JLaw55, Lehighace06, bruindre and 7 others like this.
  25. SMBSLT32

If I remember correctly (this trade took place quite a while ago) he/she wasn't 100% specific about the beers that he/she wanted in return. I made sure to send a good variety of beers which I personally thought were good beers. Again just like you don't have to like my new blog, I can't force you to trust me that I sent the beers.

26. Lol wut? Your blog isn't the issue here

MatthewPlus likes this.
  27. Iamjeff6

Iamjeff6 Advocate (680) Virginia Sep 9, 2013

No but if he keeps mentioning it people will search for it. Stupid shameless plugs

28. SMBSLT32

Fair enough. Then why are people drawing from it to further bash my past actions (which I've confessed to being guilty of)?

29. Not sure why u are asking me. I didnt even know u had a myspace page

Duff27, Lehighace06 and MatthewPlus like this.
  30. Iamjeff6

Iamjeff6 Advocate (680) Virginia Sep 9, 2013

I think you forgot to mention you BLOG in this post.

31. SMBSLT32

Ok I'll end my responses here.

Trolls will be trolls....

I wish you all happy holidays and may you continue to have many amazing and worthwhile craft beer and homebrewing experiences. Cheers!

32. Classic bitzy!

PatrickInAustinTx and buttesnake like this.
  33. Bunuelian

Bunuelian Savant (425) Minnesota Mar 22, 2013

Excuse me, @SMBLST32 /Bitzy, but my friend is, in fact, a man and I've said as much. Please stop using 'he/she' as a way to obfuscate the situation to make yourself appear to be some sort of victim of deceit on my friend's part. He never received the package/beers. Period. I know you like to add '(or something else out of my control)' at the end of your screed to absolve you of your responsibility but that's not how it works around here. Did you send him a message asking if the beer arrived? I know I do that when I keep an eye on my Fedex tracking numbers and see that a package I ship has been delivered. I'm not even going to address the second issue regarding subjective quality of your beer vs. Darkness, Wet, etc. since you're lying about sending any beer at all. Please stop trying to insinuate that my friend had anything wrong to do with his interaction with you. You stole his beer, plain and simple. Others stepped up to make up for his loss and he's grateful for that. He now works at Surly (after working at Fitger's for many years) and has done more in/for the beer community then you ever have/will. Good day, sir.

34. JohnGalt1

JohnGalt1 Advocate (710) Idaho Aug 10, 2005

I have NEVER hoped more that somebody would "get it" more than right now and be let down so heavily. Please ban this guy once and for all.

35. blue-dream

blue-dream Moderator (760) Illinois Aug 22, 2013 Staff Member

He is banned, game over.

36. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (655) Georgia Feb 12, 2012 Staff Member

Move along, folks.

He won't be responding anymore.

37. jae

jae Savant (280) Washington Feb 21, 2010

Dammit. Was just about to send an ISO for rare coral.

38. Well this was a great read.

miggs3030 and greenspointexas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.