1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Blabaer 375

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by MykelJH, Feb 19, 2013.

1. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (290) California Aug 3, 2011

Trade value on this? I know, it's blabaer. Trades high, what was cost on this bottle though?
  2. digita7693

digita7693 Advocate (575) Germany Jan 19, 2010

3. I paid $30 for an on site consumption bottle back in September.
  4. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (290) California Aug 3, 2011

In Copenhagen correct?
  5. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

First rule of lambic is you do not ask the cost.
  6. HenrikO

HenrikO Aficionado (205) Sweden Jun 19, 2011

When they were sold at Olbutikken, a small bottle was 120 DKK = $21. The big bottle was exactly twice that, if memory serves, i.e. 240 DKK = $42.
    claaark13 likes this.
  7. Correct.
  8. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Savant (405) Minnesota Jan 23, 2013

How fantastic is it? I have a friend who tells me to trade anything it takes to get one, even though he hasn't had it...

I realize I probably just broke the second rule of lambic by "asking about the lambic".
  9. Why don't you tell your friend to trade anything it takes him to get one?
    Hanzo, aasher, woosterbill and 4 others like this.
  10. It's not any better than the regular offerings.
  11. Hopsiam14

I like the way you think!!! I don't think I have the ammo to land one but even if I did it just seems extreme to give up so much for one...
  12. My opinion was that it was very good but not earth shattering. Now, I was not a big sour drinker at the time, so I will have to revisit considering that I still have 1 bottle in my cellar. I would love to get another. Considering what you have to trade if you even can, there are other beers that I would go for instead. Maybe next time I open one, I will do a side by side with other blueberry beers to see where it comes out (Kuhnhenn, Upland, Cascade, etc.). Good luck, but prepare to seriously ante up. This is one where I thought the purchasing place alternative was the most practical way to acquire.
    Hopsiam14 likes this.
  13. Hopsiam14

Super helpful thanks! I think I would rather pay for a bottle and split it a few ways instead of trading my whole cellar to try it.
  14. Umm - you can't just buy a Blabaer unless you are in the right place at the right time in Denmark.
  15. Hopsiam14

My mistake, I was thinking it could be bought off another BA who had one.
  16. I couldn't get it done with a 22oz Kate - just some nibbles that wanted more. I've heard Kate has gotten it done numerous times though, and sometimes trading is just luck of the draw. So IMO that is probably right about the line - do better than Kate and you can land it, less than Kate and you have no shot. The "whale list" is probably a fairly accurate gauge on this one.
    Hopsiam14 likes this.
  17. Hopsiam14

Cool, thanks!
  18. You won't find too many people around here that will sell you bottles, and it's in fact against the rules of this site. They routinely sold for $200-$300 back when those types of things were allowed on eBay though.
  19. Hopsiam14

Got it, thanks
  20. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

Yah i got a 2011 375mL for a 22oz 2011 KtG. Had to ship to Canada, but yah, it got done for me at least.
  21. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Well, sort of. They have it for on-site consumption at Mikkeller in Copenhagen, I think it lasts most of the year (although all the stupid Americans in town for Sour and Bitter bought it up before I could. Wait...) Anyway, you don't need to be there on that one day if you just want to drink it, but you do if you want to bring it home.
  22. Kayn169

Kayn169 Savant (255) Illinois Jan 9, 2011

There was a 750 FT yesterday, the guy said he just wanted a combo from a list that included things like Kate, Choc Rain, BA HiFi, Rare, etc. I offered him Kate 2010 + BA HiFi, which he replied wanting more. Offered some things like BCBCS, cascades, etc, but he wanted 3-4 big beers from his list to get it done. I love love love Blabaer, but couldn't imagine giving up that much.
  23. Yeah, that ISO was ridiculous. I figured he was basically looking for Ebay-value in rare beers...
    dblab33 likes this.
  24. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (345) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

Sadly, this seems to be what's happening every time I see one pop up for trade. I feel like I have the ammo to land a 375 at least but it hasn't happened yet, even when I've offered the beer or a solid combo of beers the person was after. Maybe someday I'll be willing to completely bend over just to try it but I'm not quite there yet.

Oh well, I'll just enjoy allllll the other loons instead and pretend that's good enough. :rolleyes:
  25. kscaldef

kscaldef Advocate (690) Oregon Jun 11, 2010

FTFY
  26. Do you like your fruited lambics to have hints of plastic?
    Hopsiam14 likes this.
  27. mattafett

mattafett Savant (465) Iowa Mar 9, 2009

You say that like a little ruffage is bad. ;)
  28. HenrikO

Can you buy Blabaer on Etre or B-i-a-B these days? That's news to me.
    They do get a lot of other supposedly limited releases by sending mules to said releases though, so I guess why not Blabaer.
  29. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Advocate (700) Illinois Jan 8, 2009

I'm assuming he meant eBay or craigslist. You used to be able to buy Blabaer quite easily on eBay if you wanted to pony up the money.
  30. HenrikO

OK, gotcha. I've seen a lot of crazy stuff on the mail order sites but never Blabaer.
  31. Sean9689

Sean9689 Advocate (705) Illinois Mar 17, 2009

Had a 2012 in August and it was no good but just cracked one in December and it was amazing. I've probably opened 4 or 5 bottles within the past year...the 2012 vintage is MUCH better.
  32. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Washington Jun 23, 2009

What forum heading in CL do people sell beer under? Collectibles?

(I don't care, I just want to go flame them)
    woodchopper likes this.
  33. Apparently this guy does
    http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/clt/3623982987.html what an asshole, I traded a Bramble for a Citra last year and this douche thinks it is a $70 bottle?
  34. Just seen another one selling FW XV for $40, for fun I sent him a message asking if he realized it is sitting on shelves for half that. He will probably call me an asshole or something.
  35. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Here in Indy we had a 375 in late December and then a 750 in late Jan. and agree 2012 is drinking very well. No plastic to be found.
    tacosandbeer and Sean9689 like this.
  36. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (615) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

37. 419 Eater for overpriced beer resellers? That would be the hottest and funniest blog in the beer community.
  38. thanks for the craigslist posts! flagged em for spam :D
  39. ajzy

ajzy Savant (425) Wisconsin Jun 15, 2011

Was at ├ślbutikken for Thanksgiving last year, owner walked in the back, came walking out with a bottle saying "I can sell you this, but its expensive". Just about shit myself when "expensive" for a Blabaer for him was $20ish...
  40. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

Makes for a great extra.
    aasher likes this.