1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Black Friday @ Binny's LP

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Vav, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

Thanks for showing up today.

[​IMG]

ATLbeerDog, Gonzoillini, C2H5 and 5 others like this.
  2. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

So full of holiday cheer today!

Thanks again for another flawless release. You are the man Vav!

3. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (430) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

Loved your Costello to laffler's Abbott punchline delivery at goose. Thanks again and it's a damn shame u didn't grab 155 but oh we'll.

Vav likes this.
  4. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

98% of the people who won in the raffle were male. Just sayin. ;)

Vav's King Henry story is humorous, even if Laffler doesn't think so.

Gonzoillini, tinypyramids and Vav like this.
  5. What's this story? Sounds fun...

6. JimGlonke

JimGlonke Savant (430) Illinois Apr 27, 2012

Thanks for hosting. Don't know how you and your colleagues could have handled roughly 400 people any better. My #133 wasn't pulled, but all the goodies over at GI more than made up for it. Cheers!

7. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Savant (480) Illinois Jul 19, 2012

i was not hopeful. then #96 was pulled, and i won a rare.

FT: rare

just kidding. saving this for my 30th birthday, a year and a half from now.

8. Very nice sir. Very nice.

9. marcgo2

marcgo2 Aficionado (235) Illinois Nov 16, 2010

Congrats on the rare. I got shutout, I blame the number 382.

10. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (380) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

What was the quick price rundown?

11. Thanks again Vav. I thought things were run very smoothly and thought it was a nice touch you rewarded those in line early for the 2012 Coffee. Also, you won your bet that you would finish before noon by quite a margin.

12. tinypyramids

Rare was 70. I don't think anything else broke the $30 mark.

Edit: vav and co really ran this event very well. Couldn't have planned it better myself.

13. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Savant (285) Illinois Sep 19, 2012

400 people at this event??????????????????????????????????????????????? WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

Craft beer has BLOWN BLOWN BLOWN UP!!!!

tinypyramids likes this.
  14. I couldn't agree more. I wish my number was drawn, but it was still handled well...with the exception of everyone thinking they had to wait in the long line, which was only for BCBS 4-packs. Thank you for a smooth Black Friday event!

15. agwalters

agwalters Aficionado (195) Illinois Nov 10, 2006

Extremely successful in the execution of such a highwire act event. Great job!! And yes, thank you for the cases of coffee early on. Your aside in the 12 o'clock was great as well.

...it ALMOST outdid Cherry Rye ;)

Great day!!

16. Vav

Nothing special, i just once gave him some advice on how long to age his beers in wood.

:D

redsand22 and Gonzoillini like this.
  17. Vav

Regular BCS was (still is) $21.99
    BCS 2011 4pks were $24.99
    BCS Mini Cellar 4pks were $29.99
    Vanilla 2010 and Coffee 2011 were both $26.99
    King Henry was $20.99
    Night Stalker 2010 was $14.99, 2011 was $12.99
    BCS 2009 22's were $19.99
    Rare was $69.99

jeonseh likes this.
  18. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

One winner near me was this dude's gf. She won the first vanilla. As she said she won her boyfriend had a face of reminisce of The Lonely Island's Jizz In My Pants video. There goes one percent of the 98.

19. TotallyHosed

TotallyHosed Savant (340) Illinois Jun 20, 2009

According to CummingsK21, some of those waiting at the front of the long line also had a chance to purchase 2012 Coffee. I speculate that they also had a chance to buy Cherry Rye.

20. There were a couple of cases of Coffee '12 available for the first people to line up, I think about 4-5 cases. No Cherry, that was part of the raffle. I know because me and my buddy were about the 40th people in line at about 8:05am and each got a bottle of Coffee. The raffle went smoothly, better than the last raffle I was at, the one at Whole Foods LP last week. Oh, and thanks Vav for calling my number twice :D

tinypyramids likes this.
  21. There were a few cases of Coffee, I would say about 80 people or so got 1. Limit 1 of course. The Cherry Rye was in the lotto, not sold regularly in store.

22. Vav

5 cases = 72 bottles, so the first 72 got a bottle if they choose to.

23. trbergman

trbergman Savant (450) Illinois Nov 17, 2006

60?

24. Vav

Oops, six cases.

25. HereforBeer

HereforBeer Savant (300) Illinois Nov 21, 2012

I didn't win anything but I'm glad I had the chance. This was a really cool event. The vulture next to me in line kept bragging about how he cleaned some store out and and already has 4 Coffees and 4 Cherries. He was excited to see how much he could make when he resells them all online. He didn't get anything at Binny's either, so that makes me feel better.

Was anyone else shocked by the amount of regular Bourbon County on the floor? It was hard to get when it first came out, then it started showing up everywhere, and then the display that Binny's had on Black Friday was a monster. I hope they increase production on the variants the way they did on the standard BCS.

Samjuan12 likes this.
  26. tinypyramids

funny thing is, despite all that bcbs being there, i think i saw more pipeworks bombers sold than anything else. really happy for those dudes.

DanGolfs86, pmoney, stevegoz and 3 others like this.
  27. Samjuan12

Samjuan12 Aficionado (245) Illinois Jun 17, 2012

It's people like this that need to be taken out back and dealt with.....

And also this guy....

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clt/3430398490.html

28. Vav

I stashed the majority of my BCS allocation specifically for Black Friday, hence the massive display.

funhog likes this.
  29. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (380) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

Everyone should just flag it as prohibited. Or, if anyone has a 20-year old kid brother and connection to CPD, set up the purchase.

harrylee773 likes this.
  30. AJacob81

AJacob81 Savant (255) Illinois Mar 15, 2010

#157 here, not drawn. But I agree that the event was run extremely well. I got a couple Coffees elsewhere (and just missed out on Cherry) so the trip into town was def worthwhile.

jebsinger likes this.
  31. I have my paws on 4 of coffee and cherry but 1) pointedly left half of what the store had and posted on here so others could get some. and 2)i plan on drinking them or perhaps swapping them for other beer I cant get here in chicago. why anyone would try and sell beer online is beyond me. If im not going to drink it i'd much rather send it to someone who will enjoy it and DRINK the stuff and get something else I want in return.

anyways a HUGE thanks to Vav for throwing the party over there.

32. I couldn't agree more. #29 got passed over...somehow:) But the event was very well run and a lot of fun.

Wish more stores hosted events like this one!

jebsinger likes this.
  33. Vav

Total ticket count: 392

1noa, jebsinger and tinypyramids like this.
  34. wow I though my number was up there a 249 (just missed out on a rare by 2... 251) but once you started calling out numbers in the mid 300s i was impressed.

very well run and a good time for all.

35. sacullen

sacullen Aficionado (245) Illinois Oct 14, 2008

Vav does shit good. There were only a couple things I was really hoping for, like Cherry and 2011 Coffee. I'm a little surprised that I would likely have been the only person to tell him to pick another number had I been pulled for things I already have plenty of.

36. Jarpo

Jarpo Aficionado (215) Missouri Feb 7, 2011

#49 here...scored a mixed 4-pack and gave it to a buddy. I had a great time here as well as the other places my St. Louis group visited on Black Friday. Binny's, GI, Local Option, SmallBar, Revolution were all fantastic. Love your city, guys.

37. JALIEN

JALIEN Aficionado (215) Illinois Nov 25, 2012

Finally decided to create an account on here so I could say thanks to Vav and Binny's for hosting such a great event. I had a great time (even outside in the line) and everything was executed with precision, really well done.

I was fortunate enough to get ticket #242 and I will thoroughly enjoy/cherish the item I got.

Thanks again Vav.

Vav likes this.
  38. Vav

39. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Great lil crawl for the St. Louis crew...Next time add MapRoom, HopLeaf, and Fountainhead and you are there my friend.

40. Vav

FTFY