1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Black Note in MN

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Tyecko, Mar 24, 2014.

1. EJJ1848

EJJ1848 Savant (385) Minnesota Jun 24, 2013

Henn - Lake release at 3pm today
  2. Zipps is officially out....
  3. mkhartnett

mkhartnett Savant (290) Minnesota Oct 27, 2010

Sucess. Haskell's downtown Minneapolis had some left. They limited me to 4 which I was cool with. $5.99 a bottle. So, about that saga?
  4. EJJ1848

Considering most places were 1 or 2, pretty great deal , may have to head down there myself
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Mnmaverick likes this.
  5. mkhartnett

I know. I asked how many I could get cause she had to grab them from in back. 4 is totally cool. I might try to grab 1 or 2 more if I'm just out after work for some friends, but otherwise I'm good.
  6. That is good, everywhere I have gone has had a 1 bottle limit.
  7. mkhartnett

Then I totally scored and happy with that. Hope I helped out someone in Downtown score some as well.
  8. Out! Was informed someone just bought the last 8 :/
  9. mkhartnett

8! That sucks that they aren't consistant on how many people are getting.
  10. Happened to me too. Surdyk's has 4 left. Limit 1 per.
  11. Its really odd since this is the store that actually held bcbs for 2 weeks.
    Were you the guy standing next to me with the other blank stare!!
  12. theCoder

theCoder Savant (330) Minnesota Oct 24, 2011

I remember when I worked downtown they were excellent for things but they always tended to get things at least a week or so later which sometimes was nice as it was after they initial release panic.

I just want one for my own if I find more woohoo if I don't get one I won't cry. My decision this year to murder my beer budget has worked out great for saving cash to the point I am finishing my kegging system this weekend and forced me to better my homebrewing and step that up (to the point I have had massive demand for my Habanero Stout again so brewing that again soon).
  13. EJJ1848

I live by hen-lake and would be happy to pick up a bottle for you
    ToadiesForCody likes this.
  14. Yep! I couldn't believe it when they said 8. I was hoping he was just messing with me. Sadly, no.
    LightSaber likes this.
  15. shawnp

shawnp Savant (455) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

Rochester got BN today for the guys not on twitter. Andys, Apollo and Hyvee got 1 case each with a 2 bottle limit.
    HoudiniRN likes this.
  16. I'm new to your world here... I started back in the college days drinking Keystone... this lead to Budweiser....This lead to Sam Adams...This lead to my first Stout...This lead to Darkness...This lead to BA...

Frankly - I do not, nor will I recall the days of BCBS sitting dusty on the shelves begging to be purchased (although I will remember the days of Dark Fatha sitting on the shelves...)
    Frankly, I appreciate the bottle limits - I want as much of this stuff as I can get, yet not at the expense of everyone else. Like it's been said before, it's beer (although damn good beer), and frankly the community is still small. If you are reading this, you are the people I want to share bottle limits with. Not the people 5 years from now looking to resell these things...And this happens in EVERY industry with supply/demand... I buy this stuff to enjoy drinking with friends and family...

Right now there seems to be a pretty close match for supply and demand for those that love these things. While you might not get a keg, or a years supply, you will get a bottle of what you are looking for... 5 years from now this may not be the case.

So when something comes out that has bottle limits everywhere and someone finds a places that has no limit... It is a shame that someone bought out the supply. I hope this is the minority and not common place.
  17. EJJ1848

You and I share a same start. I didnt get into cellaring and trading until the past year. Unfortunatley/Fortuntaley, these beers are seen as currency in the trading market. I have bought more of certain beers than I have planned to drink in order to trade with other people on this site that may have not got it in their distro, or missed the release. In the end,they get what they couldnt get, and I now get to try a new beer that I may have never got the experience to try. I also know people on here who refuse to hunt down these releases, but instead just trade for them. Just another way to look at it.

I bought a total of 8 Darkness this year ( Drank 1, aged 2, sent 3 as gifts to relatives, and sent 2 to re-occuring trade partners) To the naked eye I may look like a dick buying 8 bottles, but I made 5 other people very happy.

I think we can all agree, people that buy cases and sell them on Craigslist or MyBeerCellar for 500% mark up are the worst type of people.
    ToadiesForCody likes this.
  18. I follow both Andys and Apollo and this sort of thing never pops up on my feed... maybe I just don't know how to use Twitter... Thanks for the pass-a-long... Got a buddy down there that was looking for some....
  19. mmgibber

mmgibber Initiate (20) Minnesota Feb 17, 2014

Hen - Lake $5.99 limit 2
  20. EJJ1848

Was just there myself, Gotta ask for it
  21. mkhartnett

Lunds downtown $5.99. Two bottles left. Limit 1
  22. Bluemax - Limit 1 - 6.something.
  23. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Advocate (745) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

Really? Was there 20 mins ago and was told its out.
  24. No way - had it behind the counter... live about 5 min away so it was approx 30 min ago
  25. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Advocate (745) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

I got there at about 3:20, must have been seconds late, well I got Luchador en Fuego and Enjoy By.
  26. nograz

nograz Aficionado (145) Minnesota Oct 30, 2013

Cashwise got their shipment today. 1 bottle limit, was in at St. Michael, but should be in at Clearwater and Waite Park too, not sure if other locations are doing a one bottle limit though.
  27. Anyone else seen it on tap anywhere other then Pat's?
  28. KarlHungus

KarlHungus Champion (790) Minnesota Feb 19, 2005

It shows up pretty regularly at Bell's tap takeovers through out the year. It is much easier to find on tap than in bottles.
  29. yeah i have had many taps over the last year without running/chasing and @ a better price per ounze
    Powderhornphil and KarlHungus like this.
  30. good for you you have been all over buying this and posting about it enjoy
  31. EJJ1848

Love that Minnesota passive agressive. But to help you sleep at night. I have 2 bottles for myself, 2 for my brother , 1 for "TheCoder" and 1 for another BA.

Beer Advocate, where butt hurt starts and fun goes to die.
    BarrelAgedBarry likes this.
  32. let me blunt then stop posting to all the BN that have bought for the last week good for you have some so do i
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  33. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Advocate (505) Minnesota Feb 23, 2013

What language are you attempting to speak here? I get the age of mobile devices and fat fingers and whatnot, but at least put SOME effort into it. Shit!
    opwog, Mnmaverick, pdoran10 and 3 others like this.
  34. Do you speak English? or do you spout Bullshit ? Good Pie?!!
  35. McRyan

McRyan Aficionado (230) Minnesota Jul 25, 2012

I have one bottle and feel thankful. This market has gotten crazy populated with good beer drinkers in the last few years.
  36. Wow a lack of Black note is starting to turn people pissy.
    Mnmaverick and HoudiniRN like this.
  37. PieOhMy

PieOhMy Advocate (505) Minnesota Feb 23, 2013

E="gatornation, post: 2282956, member: 134462"]Do you speak English? or do you spout Bullshit ? Good Pie?!![/QUOTE]
    Punctuation! Now you're gettin' it. Just fuckin' with ya man. That post was pretty incomprehensible. We are trying to have a civilization here. I think.

And I do spout plenty of bullshit.
  38. runfoodrun

runfoodrun Savant (325) Minnesota Jun 18, 2008

Quick someone mention Saga before this gets out of hand!
  39. Uhhhh uhhhh uummm. Oh I love saga.... that is all I got.
  40. GeezLynn

GeezLynn Advocate (500) Minnesota May 10, 2009

On the other hand, in the age of more demand then supply, hearing "I bought XX bottles, but it's cool because only XX are for me, I'm giving 4 to my in-law, 2 to my neighbor, 6 to trading partners, and 3 to my dog" gets old, despite how wonderful all those recipients are.

My favorite is "Limited release beer X is not that great. I got a case of it last year, but that was for trade bait...I mean spreading the love. :rolleyes:

Merely an observation on forum etiquette, obviously people are going to spend their money how they see fit.
    runfoodrun, Mnmaverick and McRyan like this.